With the fifth pick, the Jets choose...

Freemanm

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kizer is a classic case of over-valuing and reaching on a quarterback in the draft. Kizer was benched against Stanford a few weeks back for his play... he's not a top 10 quarterback. 

Jabril Peppers or bust. He's got the "IT" factor and then some.

Kizer just isn't polished at all.  He's another, wait at least one year to develop him type pick and I'd rather not make that pick in the top 10.  I'm not sure where we're going because I thought tackle would be a priority but Robinson has slid down enough that I no longer think he's a good pick in the top 10.  

As a Michigan fan, I love Peppers, but I'm not sure how he fits.  

I like the CBs in this draft, but this is a draft that's loaded with CBs so I think it might be better at waiting for the second round and seeing who drops.   Someone like Tabor might go in the top 10, but there are a few others that might drop.  

I like Watson as a QB, but he has struggled this year.  I loved his tape a lot more last year, which weirdly enough was when he didn't have his No. 1 WR.  

I might just go with Fournette because I think next year is all about young QB development.  We already have the WRs in place, if we can get Fournette in at RB, then we can help out the QB.  If they suck, the year after QB class is loaded with talent.  

As usual, high pick, I'd love to trade down.  The strength of this draft is RB/CB, both are big needs for us.  I'd love to get multiple shots at them.  Something like Sidney Jones/Ramcyzak/Mccaffery would be perfect IMO, if we could move from top 50 into the late teens and pick up another pick.  Obviously, too early to tell, since there will be a ton of risers and fallers.  

58 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Kizer just isn't polished at all.  He's another, wait at least one year to develop him type pick and I'd rather not make that pick in the top 10.  I'm not sure where we're going because I thought tackle would be a priority but Robinson has slid down enough that I no longer think he's a good pick in the top 10.  

As a Michigan fan, I love Peppers, but I'm not sure how he fits.  

I like the CBs in this draft, but this is a draft that's loaded with CBs so I think it might be better at waiting for the second round and seeing who drops.   Someone like Tabor might go in the top 10, but there are a few others that might drop.  

I like Watson as a QB, but he has struggled this year.  I loved his tape a lot more last year, which weirdly enough was when he didn't have his No. 1 WR.  

I might just go with Fournette because I think next year is all about young QB development.  We already have the WRs in place, if we can get Fournette in at RB, then we can help out the QB.  If they suck, the year after QB class is loaded with talent.  

As usual, high pick, I'd love to trade down.  The strength of this draft is RB/CB, both are big needs for us.  I'd love to get multiple shots at them.  Something like Sidney Jones/Ramcyzak/Mccaffery would be perfect IMO, if we could move from top 50 into the late teens and pick up another pick.  Obviously, too early to tell, since there will be a ton of risers and fallers.    

I like Marlon Humphrey, did you see see him shut down Juju? Dont get me wrong if they pick Jalen Tabor I would not be mad, but my preference as of today is Humphrey. A lot could change between now and late April.  

Why on your short list of RB do you not have Dalvin Cook? I would prefer him over McCaffery. Now I can see a kid like McCaffery going to NE and being prolific, but i think we need a more dynamic player.

56 minutes ago, F.Chowds said:

I like Marlon Humphrey, did you see see him shut down Juju? Dont get me wrong if they pick Jalen Tabor I would not be mad, but my preference as of today is Humphrey. A lot could change between now and late April.  

Why on your short list of RB do you not have Dalvin Cook? I would prefer him over McCaffery. Now I can see a kid like McCaffery going to NE and being prolific, but i think we need a more dynamic player.

I have a fear of Alabama corners because they need an adjustment time.  Saban basically has them run stride for stride with the WR instead of backing up, a major issue with Dee Milliner which causes issue with back shoulder passes in the NFL because the receivers and QBs are just that much better at it.   I like Jones because I think Washington does a better job of having their corners play press coverage, and Jones has held up well so far this season.  

I like Cook over McCaffery as well, but I think he goes early in this draft.  I was advocating moving down in the draft, so the 5th pick is worth around 1700 points, which is the equivalent of about 15th and 27th pick.  Assuming we make that deal, I think Cook would be gone by then, so I'm guessing maybe Ramcyzak/Jones in the first round and then McCaffery with the top 5 pick in the second as best case scenarios right now.  

4 hours ago, Freemanm said:

DeShone Kizer, QB out of Notre Dame. Is he any good? I'm not really into college football.

He will be one day but he needs a little extra time. He's probably be best suited to stay another year but he's got the big arm, the athleticism, and the smarts you look for. He's still working on touch and accuracy but that'll come. 

The Jets are drafting a RB in the top five and this board would riot if they took a safety. It'll probably be a corner or a left tackle. 

18 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

It would be best to take the best LT available. Not sexy but you need it. 

Depends on the value. Ijalana played pretty damn well today on the left side and that was with Mangold, the most vital part of that line (Center), out.  He's been solid all year to be honest.  His play will be a huge factor in whether or not we go LT early.

I'm a big believer in Dalvin Cook or Leonard Fournette. They are 2 very special talents and would instantly contribute.  I hope to God we don't reach on any of the QBs that come out this year.  They aren't worth the pick we're likely going to have.  CB is also a very very strong position this year and, despite it being another defensive pick, I wouldn't mind seeing us go that route. 

6 hours ago, King P said:

Deshaun Watson

Cam Robinson

Leonard Fournette

Would love any of those 3 at that spot

Hell no on Watson, he is a 2nd round pick at best, not a top 5 pick

Fournette may be special, but we don't have the type of team to justify taking him in the top 5 of the draft like the Cowboys did last year. If you already have a great line, fine, but our line is a mess.

Cam Robinson, perhaps, he looks great.

5th pick? 

I think we end up in the top 3. After Pats we'll be 3-8 with 5 to go, with lazy vets with nothing to play for, good luck with that. The smart thing for Bowles to do is to find out about some of these young guys. 

Bills will kill us 2nd time around. 

I'm no draft guru guy. So I asked you this: Is there any reality were Watson can become a version of Big Ben in the pros?  I understand he is a running QB and throws untimely interceptions but I can't help to notice his ability to extend the play with his legs. Last game he was obviously playing hurt. But I saw little bit of the grit and heart that Ben plays with.  A chance? Any chance?  

Bowles and Macc deserve this.  Draft talk in Mid November is what happens when you fawn over a loser QB and name him the starter in March when he's not even on your team.

Could have let Hoyer and Geno battle it out and instead have been exposed to the worst QB play I can ever remember seeing.  

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Bowles and Macc deserve this.  Draft talk in Mid November is what happens when you fawn over a loser QB and name him the starter in March when he's not even on your team.

Could have let Hoyer and Geno battle it out and instead have been exposed to the worst QB play I can ever remember seeing.  

Yes Pac, it has come to this, unfortunately, for all the reasons you mention.

7 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Kizer is a classic case of over-valuing and reaching on a quarterback in the draft. Kizer was benched against Stanford a few weeks back for his play... he's not a top 10 quarterback. 

Jabril Peppers or bust. He's got the "IT" factor and then some.

If we take a safety at 5, this place will self-immolate, and rightfully so.

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

So your solution to make this season something other than chasing a top draft pick would have been Brian Hoyer or Geno Smith.  Wow.  Just wow. 

Fitz sucks.  But they amazingly suck even worse. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So your solution to make this season something other than chasing a top draft pick would have been Brian Hoyer or Geno Smith.  Wow.  Just wow. 

Fitz sucks.  But they amazingly suck even worse. 

In their limited play this year they both completely outplayed Fitz.  It's not even close.

But you keep fighting that good fight.  If you continue clicking your heels and wishing upon a start maybe Ryan will turn into something other than the bad QB and career loser a few of us knew he was.

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

Fitz led the team to a 10-6 record last year while showing great chemistry and poise running an offense and set a pass TD record for the Jets. The Jets got him back on a one year deal. That was a good move at the time.

Now that he reverted back to the old Ryan Fitzpatrick everybody knew better and didn't want to make that deal I guess...

Archived