Revis: "I'm old"

JoJoTownsell1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739573/article/darrelle-revis-on-continued-struggles-im-old

We are in big trouble. Most players fight to the end and refuse to acknowledge age as a factor, but Revis seems to be resigned to the fact that he isn't good anymore. That is a cancerous attitude. Add him to Mo Wilkerson and we have big time trouble in Jet land. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739573/article/darrelle-revis-on-continued-struggles-im-old

We are in big trouble. Most players fight to the end and refuse to acknowledge age as a factor, but Revis seems to be resigned to the fact that he isn't good anymore. That is a cancerous attitude. Add him to Mo Wilkerson and we have big time trouble in Jet land. 

sob. wtf didn't he acknowledge that when he was opening his big effing mouth for that massive contract? I hope we release him and nobody picks him.

30 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

He will retire

I doubt he leaves all that money on the table.

But his quality of play has fallen to horrific levels, he was worthless yesterday.

At this point, his HOF cred is getting seriously tarnished, and his length of HOF quality career may not be long enough to be the sure-thing everyone presumed he was.

Just now, Warfish said:

I doubt he leaves all that money on the table.

But his quality of play has fallen to horrific levels, he was worthless yesterday.

At this point, his HOF cred is getting seriously tarnished, and his length of HOF quality career may not be long enough to be the sure-thing everyone presumed he was.

Move the dude to safety

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Move the dude to safety

When "Revis Island" existed a good part of it was that Revis was an excellent open field tackler.  One of the big problems with the "new Revis" is he is swipe tackling.  Not putting his body at risk when making a tackle.  That started last year after he had a fairly serious concussion and missed a few games.  

You just can't pay a guy $17,000,000 to play S who is afraid to put his body into a tackle.  Sadly Revis is done.  His heart just isn't in it anymore.  He'll take the money as long as someone pays him, but he's done

If Revis has ANY professional pride this will serve as a wake up call for 2017. He needs to into the best shape of his career, stop being a slouch and start making some adjustments in his game.

Great players can make that adjustment. HOF players make that adjustment. If Revis has any desires of being a HOF'er then he better be alot more ready than he was this season. He has been an utter disgrace this year.

He is obviously getting burned. And to try to compensate for this giving up too much cushion. He's basically giving up first downs on 3rd down plays because he can't keep up with younger and faster Dbs. But for most of the game due to his intelligence he plays well. So the shift to safety is a possibility which even he talked about before the season. He's just tired of being beaten bad in front the entire stadium and looks embarrassed by it all. I just dob't see a passion in his play and if that's the case he should take his 6 million and retire. But I think he could be good as a safety and not be exposed on big plays. 

Maybe this team isn't talented enough or coached well enough (take you pick) to be so blitz oriented.  Whether the talent deficit is in the players or in the coaches is not the point.  The point is the scheme is wrong.   

If this is the best chance to win then, well, geesh....

Archived