does anyone kind of like another team

MetsJets1962

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers have been my "passive activity" NFC team since their inception in '95. That being said, it sucked when they lost to the Pats in the SB but haven't really enjoyed them as much with the pompous Cam at the helm, even last year's run. I love how they always seem to have all-world LBs and awesome defenses. 

I am, as we all are, a fan of football. Therefore I like watching the current Seattle team very much. Great effort, great come robbery, fun to watch them. I like the old-school Midwest teams like  The Steelers and the Packers. 

I know this is sacrilegious but watching the patriots last game, Tom Brady dropping flare out nine routes in the bucket was beautiful. 

Im rooting for cowboys this yr.. always kind of liked them, Garrett is from Monmouth county town I grew up in.. good fam. Wish jets would model after them.. Draft stud Oline, beast of a Rb.. but no, we have to waste picks on bad d players every yr.. And I like the way they handled the qb situation.. Not that petty would be so good but I could envision if this was the jets and petty was filling in for a injured fitz and did well, Bowles would still go back to fitz no matter what our record was under petty ha.. Plus, a little of me would love to see my Giants friends faces if cowboys won it all this yr ?

Just because you like a team doesn't make you a fan of them. There's a difference, so save the horse crap.

That being said, I do like the Seahawks and the Bucs. Seahawks because I'm a big Russell Wilson fan and with the Bucs I'm a huge Jameis Winston fan

Always liked the history of Green Bay, especially  no owner. This was magnifies by going there for Jets game. Late getting to game and streets are a ghost town after kick off. Always had great respect (though  occassional hate) for Steelers. Change coaches, change QBs but they always win. Great organization and ownership.

Yeah, I have zero beef with the Giants. I always root for them unless they play the JETS.

My kid likes the Packers so I like to see them do well. Parents are Panthers fans, same thing. Couple friends of mine like the 'Skins. Lately I'm starting to root for players. It's weird though, I hate the Raiders (because their fans are the corniest MF'ers on Earth) but really like Carr and Cooper. Russell Wilson, JJ Watt, Larry Fitzgerald, Philip Rivers (yup), are some guys I like to see do well. Was a big Steve McNair fan too. 

9 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

I've always sort of liked the Packers for no other reason than i loved the colours and had a hat as a kid. i went through a phase of liking the redskins when i was like 12 coz i liked John Riggins. yeah, this season i'm mostly a packers fan now.

YOU SUCK ; GET OFF THIS SITE !!!!!!!!!!

I think we have to set some ground rules for this thread since you cannot be a fan of the Jets and like the Fish, pats* or Raiders in any capacity, these are rivals and have a special place in hell with Jets fans

Distain for the Raiders (AFL rivalry) could be lifting now that Al is dead, also a move to Vegas could make them benign 

Giants are not technically a rival but the Jets share a stadium and city so liking both could be considered bi-fanual, not that there is anything wrong with that, but it can be difficult due to the big brother abuse often associated with this type of a relationship

If you do not understand why the thought of another team doing well makes you angry then I suggest tennis :)

10 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

I've always sort of liked the Packers for no other reason than i loved the colours and had a hat as a kid. i went through a phase of liking the redskins when i was like 12 coz i liked John Riggins. yeah, this season i'm mostly a packers fan now.

I've began watching Bucs games normally after originally evaluating Mike Glennon. I became a fan of some of the guys on that team such as Bobby Rainey before he left and Lavonte David. Today im impressed with Ali Marpet and Kwon Alexander. Kwon is a f'ing beast. I totally slept on dude coming out of college.

I also try to watch some Jags games because ive always liked Telvin Smith and ive come to like Allen Hurns as well. Some friends i speak with disagree, but Allen Hurns is better than Allen Robinson.

When you have gamepass and you watch other games from different teams you become a fan of players not on your team. I wouldnt say that i have another team that i root for though.

My football fanhood extends back pre-merger, so I'm still a Giants fan just because there's no conflict in cheering for two teams in entirely different leagues that will never play each other.  I remain a Giants fan now, but whenever they play I'm for the Jets.  A couple of times the Giants needed the game to improve their playoff chances, the Jets were out of it, and I tried rooting for the Giants.  But by halftime I was back to cheering for the Jets, the hell with the Giants' playoff shot.

Archived