Maccagnan mid season presser happening now

Matt39

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Bowles reports to Woody. Bowles "I'm doing a great job. We just have crappy players. It's MAc's fault, but you didn't hear that from me." Woody, "Thanks, you ARE doing a fine job. I'm thinking of giving you an extension." Then Mac comes in. "Have you seen the terrible job Bowles is doing with the plethora of fantastic players we have. I hate to quote our new President, but "It's a disaster." and it's all Bowles fault. No discipline, no adjustments and no control of his CS, especially on offense. But you didn't hear that from me." Woody, "Thanks Mac, you are doing a great job. I was just thinking of giving you an extension."

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Senor Gato is only answering questions about Senor Gato he refuses to talk about the dline.

I don't even know what this means. Not only has no one asked me about me, but I've addressed the DL more than anything else this season. I know "talk about" is supposed to be code for "agree fully that Wilkerson is suddenly terrible and lazy" but there's literally a half decade of evidence that says the exact opposite as opposed to the few weeks.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

I don't even know what this means. Not only has no one asked me about me, but I've addressed the DL more than anything else this season. I know "talk about" is supposed to be code for "agree fully that Wilkerson is suddenly terrible and lazy" but there's literally a half decade of evidence that says the exact opposite as opposed to the few weeks.

http://www.jetnation.com/2016/11/15/jets-pepper-johnson-gets-salty-d-line-coach-snubs-jets-scribes/#sthash.njhO6RFZ.dpbs

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And there's the silver tuna

This was done by Woody because Idzik was't reporting everything to Woody which was one of the reasons for Rex' dismissal.  Woody didn't want that kind of miscommunication again.

That being said it IS ANOTHER DUMB MOVE!!!

Yes the HC should be able to speak to the Owner, of course!!

But the HC should not in effect have a way to do an end run around the GM!!

I said it when it was announced that it was dumb then and it still is DUMB!!!!

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bad enough the Jets ruin my football Sundays I'm not going to let them ruin my Wednesdays by listening to the excuses and the indecisiveness of our incompetent GM. 

For someone who would rather watch paint dry you can't stay away or stop yapping about nothing 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

So other teams are utter fools as well eh?  Good to know.

No it doesn't make other teams "utter fools". There is nothing that says the coaches must always report to the GM. Mac and Bowles are equals who both report to one guy. 

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan, addressing reporters for the first time since training camp, said he has "no regrets about bringing Ryan (Fitzpatrick) back. Going into it, we felt very good about the season Ryan had previously." The QB already has been benched once; it could happen a second time.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fcimini_rich_m.Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan deferred to Todd Bowles on the QB decision. Referring to Bryce Petty, he said: "From my standpoint, you like to see young players play, but you also want to make sure they're ready for that. To me, it's a more complicated decision that some people realize. ... The point I'd simply make is, you don't just wing it."

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fcimini_rich_m.Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

For someone who would rather watch paint dry you can't stay away or stop yapping about nothing 

Nothing?  You consider our GM to be nothing he's an integral part of the mess here he caused most of it. This forum is for fans to discuss the NY Jets thats what I'm doing there is also a great feature free and available to you its called IGNORE USER if you don't like me or my posts use it and save others the agony of reading your back and forth nonsense banter to me every time I post something  you disagree with. 

joewilly12 

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Mike Maccagnan still believes in Todd Bowles. "I think he's going to be a very good coach in this league." Says he's doing a good job.

Mike Maccagnan is a clueless moron. 

Morons stick together the Jets are 3-7 playing the worst football in the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, August said:

No it doesn't make other teams "utter fools". There is nothing that says the coaches must always report to the GM. Mac and Bowles are equals who both report to one guy. 

Yeah, thus the utter fools bit, because having that system is idiotic beyond belief.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Black Monday I hope Jets fans are greeted with a presser of Woody Johnson cleaning house Mike Maccagnan included.

Haha, man come on. We cant keep changing every few years. This is year two. Year one they went 10-6. Give them a chance.

Archived