Fair Weather Fans

Happy Clouds

We all know some. When their team is doing well, they love talking about it. Love wearing the team gear. But, when the team is struggling, suddenly you don't see the team jackets anymore. They say things like, "Well, I'm really more of a baseball guy anyway".

I want to throw some questions out at you.

1. Do you find yourself hesitating at times to put on your Jets stuff? I don't mean if you're going to the game.  I mean, if let's say your are heading out to the store, or meeting some friends at a bar.  Are you reluctant to put on Jets shirts or hats knowing that you might get teased?   That comments may be made. Be honest.  Does the thought cross your mind?

2. Which team has the fanbase with the "fair weather fans" that irritate you the most?

Put me down for the Cowboys.

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

Then, you have probably had enough kicking practice by now, to have been able to give Bruce Lee a good battle, heh?

I just earned my blue ball belt. Not quite on Bruce's level yet. Working on it.

1. Considering i'm possibly the only jets fan in a 50 mile radius, I always wear my attire proud. Plus, come on now, my eyes look too perfect in green not to.

2. Warriors fans... Apparently there is too many to count, as I had no idea there were all these "lifetime fans" supporting Golden State in my small town of Ohio. 

5 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

1. Considering i'm possibly the only jets fan in a 50 mile radius, I always wear my attire proud. Plus, come on now, my eyes look too perfect in green not to.

2. Warriors fans... Apparently there is too many to count, as I had no idea there were all these "lifetime fans" supporting Golden State in my small town of Ohio. 

All of a sudden everyone in California now is a die-hard Warriors fan

25 minutes ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I wear Jet stuff all the time and all year long not just football season. Other than my kids and wife there are on 3 other Jet fans I see in our town.

If we go 12-4 next year, get back to me, and let me know how many more, "I've always been a Jets fan" people  you run into.

1. been wearing Jets stuff since I was a young robust huskie child. Most people  now bring it up just to tell me they are also from NY or New Jersey. Plenty of reasons to make fun of me regardless of what I'm wearing. Yet not loud enough for me to hear it. 

2. Patriot fans. They been living fair weather land for better than a decade. 

1.  I might comment on how much "I hate this team" as I throw on a hat or a shirt, but I always wear it.

2.  Mets fans with the inferiority complex.  I hope I never act that way with the Jets/Giants sharing the same building/city.

Yankees fair weather fans are the worst. Not only are they fair weather fans, but they also seem to think the are somehow superior to non-Yankee fans, and they have somehow done something great in their lifetime to accomplish being a Yankee fan, like climbing Mt. Everest and the prize was being bestowed with Yankee fandom. This does not apply to true die hard Yankee fans who stuck with their team even when they were not great, those fans don't really act like that. Funny thing is, Patriot fans have really become the equal to Yankee fans.

Archived