Fair Weather Fans

Happy Clouds

I rarely go outside of the hospital, and when I do, but I'll def wear it to the gym: pretty sure the only shirts I own are sports shirts and a bunch of the free ones you used to get back in College. Never wear jerseys outside of the game or bar,  thats never been my thing. 

I tend not to care what people think about what I wear or the teams I like. Unless she's hot and willing to sleep with me. Then that's just a diff ballgame altogether.  

10 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

We all know some. When their team is doing well, they love talking about it. Love wearing the team gear. But, when the team is struggling, suddenly you don't see the team jackets anymore. They say things like, "Well, I'm really more of a baseball guy anyway".

I want to throw some questions out at you.

1. Do you find yourself hesitating at times to put on your Jets stuff? I don't mean if you're going to the game.  I mean, if let's say your are heading out to the store, or meeting some friends at a bar.  Are you reluctant to put on Jets shirts or hats knowing that you might get teased?   That comments may be made. Be honest.  Does the thought cross your mind?

2. Which team has the fanbase with the "fair weather fans" that irritate you the most?

Put me down for the Cowboys.

1. I wear all my sh*tty teams gear and I wear it proud, no matter the record.  

2. Florida State Seminoles - worst fan base in the world.  When they were irrelevant for a decade, FSU fans were no where to be found.  They have 1 successful season winning a National Championship facing the easiest schedule in the history of the BCS and then BAM!!!!  They're all back full throttle like they never went any where.  Funny, they're underachieving, again...and it's weird how little noise you hear from that fanbase  And then next year, when Jimbo goes to LSU, they'll all vanish again. 

In my town the Giant fans are coming out of the closet. I guess they are thinking Super Bowl run this year. I'm sure Yankees fans will be geared up in the spring, they smell World Series after the performance of their younger players this year.
As for me I don't care what the record of my teams is. I wear
the gear and take the abuse.
When somebody comments on my choice of apparel , I just ask them to name a couple of OLmen or relief pitchers in baseball.
Then when I get a puzzled look say thought so and walk away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yankees have the most "fair weather fans". But that's a credit to the great success their franchise has had. It breeds those types of fans. There's a large percentage of them who aren't even big baseball fans but support the Yankees cause they win.

Obviously the Yanks have a great, large fan base of die hards just like the Mets do and other organizations. But they absolutely have one of the biggest groups of fair weather fans in  all of sports.

And I'm never afraid to wear my Jets gear. I love this team no matter how mad they get me.

11 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

1. Do you find yourself hesitating at times to put on your Jets stuff? I don't mean if you're going to the game.  I mean, if let's say your are heading out to the store, or meeting some friends at a bar.  Are you reluctant to put on Jets shirts or hats knowing that you might get teased?   That comments may be made. Be honest.  Does the thought cross your mind?

No.  

11 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

2. Which team has the fanbase with the "fair weather fans" that irritate you the most?

I don't care about other fanbases.  And our own has little room to be critical of others, tbqh.

11 hours ago, King P said:

Nah, I rock Jets gear all the time. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Me too. Got  Jets bomber jacket which I love and now with it getting colder I wear it all the time. 2 - Patriots fans. Though their "rough" times are the years the don't win the SB, I hate those guys anyway. When they lost it was always, the refs, the weather or other teams luck.

My entire neighborhood is all Giants fans and 1 Cowboys fan they bust my balls any chance they get and I remind them that at least I represent year round not just when they win like Giants fans who pull the stuff our of moth balls from week to week. 

Giants lose no one wears a stitch of clothing Giants.  

14 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

We all know some. When their team is doing well, they love talking about it. Love wearing the team gear. But, when the team is struggling, suddenly you don't see the team jackets anymore. They say things like, "Well, I'm really more of a baseball guy anyway".

1) Yes and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, this team is an utter embarrassment and I am tired of being laughed at for 50 years

2) Don't care

15 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

1. I don't base what I'm wearing on what others think.  In down years or years I don't agree with the direction of the product I don't endorse the product.  I'm not a fair weather fan, I'm a consumer and my money and ability to advertise the product is the only power I have.

2. Patriot Fans.  They are literally the new embodiment of the the pre 2001 NY Yankee fans.  The fans that didn't know anything about losing.  Patriot fans are so used to winning its impossible to talk about regular season play with them b/c their minds are checked out until the playoffs since they are spoiled with a perennial playoff team.

17 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

1. never.  win or lose they will always be my team.

2. the Giants

funny story about fair weather fans or about a particular one.  Back in 1998 when we were going on our great run there was this guy at my gum who every day wore something new that was Jets related, I thought this guy was some crazy diehard fan.  2 years later when the Giants made their run to SB humiliation every day he wore Giants stuff from Dec on.  It was hysterical.  I don't understand what people get hopping on and off bandwagons.  I have no issue w/ fans as long as they stick w/ their teams through good and bad, I know many great cowboy fans that are a little louder now but never ran and hid when they sucked most of the last 15 years.

the only teams I am married to are the NYJ and NYK, but I haven't watched more than 15 knicks games in a year since sprewell

I am a bandwagon baseball fan, its awesome.  I can pull for the sawks, yanks, mets, cubs, whatever

I watch the stanley cup finals and just pick a team and pull for them

I like about 5 golfers, probably the most enjoyable sport I watch because there are no drafts, trades, free agents, strikes, replays, bad calls, suspensions, just best guy wins.  Honor and fairness are not only respected but sacred!!!

Archived