2016-2017 Non-Cubs/Yankees/Mets Free Agency and Off-season

SenorGato

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Trout should be celebrating his 5th MVP too. This was worth a chuckle:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyMassarotti/status/799392294965223425?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Yeah. Trout really helped the Angels. Kept them from having 69 wins instead of 74. Best and most valuable aren't the same thing. Trout would probably give up every single award for a chance to swap places with Mookie. Easily. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. Trout really helped the Angels. Kept them from having 69 wins instead of 74. Best and most valuable aren't the same thing. Trout would probably give up every single award for a chance to swap places with Mookie. Easily. 

Go from one team that didn't win it all to another team that didn't win it all? What does that do for him?

49 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

So is the idea here that the Angels are a playoff team with Mookie Betts instead of Mike Trout?

That's not what I said. I said the Angels were a bad team with or without Trout.  The Red Sox won the AL East with Mookie. Without him, they likely don't even make the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That's not what I said. I said the Angels were a bad team with or without Trout.  The Red Sox won the AL East with Mookie. Without him, they likely don't even make the playoffs. 

So, the Red Sox are a playoff team solely because they have Mookie Betts and therefore he is really the MVP?

16 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I ask too mamy reasonable but apparently unanswerable questions?

Your questions are ridiculous and you're intentionally being obstructive. I stated my opinion. Mookie was more valuable to the Red Sox than Trout was to the Angels. You're welcome to disagree. No need to take this any further. 

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Your questions are ridiculous and you're intentionally being obstructive. I stated my opinion. Mookie was more valuable to the Red Sox than Trout was to the Angels. You're welcome to disagree. No need to take this any further. 

You stated your opinion on an internet forum. You fell apart within two questions about your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

You stated your opinion on an internet forum. You fell apart within two questions about your opinion. 

Fell apart? You're out of your mind. I've stated my opinion. It's one shared by many, obviously. If you want to debate the merits of my opinion with stats or facts, be my guest. If you want to ask questions that you already know my answers to based on any basic level of logic, then there is no need for me to waste my time any further. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Fell apart? You're out of your mind. I've stated my opinion. It's one shared by many, obviously. If you want to debate the merits of my opinion with stats or facts, be my guest. If you want to ask questions that you already know my answers to based on any basic level of logic, then there is no need for me to waste my time any further. 

I mean, it's pretty hard to deny you fell apart completely within two questions given the direction you brought in. Swiss cheese, anxious defense for swiss cheese logic 

5 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I mean, it's pretty hard to deny you fell apart completely within two questions given the direction you brought in. Swiss cheese, anxious defense for swiss cheese logic 

You took it this direction with your unnecessary and inane questions. I'm not sure how much clearer I could be when it comes to the opinion I posted. If you want to debate Mookie and Trout on their baseball merits I'm all for it. You'd rather post questions that are irrelevant to the discussion and add nothing to it. Which is typical for your posts across the board. 

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You took it this direction with your unnecessary and inane questions. I'm not sure how much clearer I could be when it comes to the opinion I posted. If you want to debate Mookie and Trout on their baseball merits I'm all for it. You'd rather post questions that are irrelevant to the discussion and add nothing to it. Which is typical for your posts across the board. 

Lol how the **** are those questions irrelevant? Yet another wackjob in the baseball forum getting defensive and angwy because he knows his "logic" is garbage. Getting indignant does not make your precious opinion any more sound or reasoned, if anything it shows that you're aware your opinion is based on nonsense you can't actually defend.

What is with these hypocritcal little babies in the baseball forum? You whine like little girls about how I act like my sh*t doesn't stink, meanwhile you have your precious opinions questioned, not even criticized yet, and *immediately* launch into a limpdick tirade about how precious they are and questioning them is mean. You immeeeediiiiiately went into full defense lol, transparently and solely to get ahead of knowing you're just being a homer with giant, easily exposed holes in your opinion.

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That may have been the point from the very start. Maybe.

34 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Lol how the **** are those questions irrelevant? Yet another wackjob in the baseball forum getting defensive and angwy because he knows his "logic" is garbage. Getting indignant does not make your precious opinion any more sound or reasoned, if anything it shows that you're aware your opinion is based on nonsense you can't actually defend.

What is with these hypocritcal little babies in the baseball forum? You whine like little girls about how I act like my sh*t doesn't stink, meanwhile you have your precious opinions questioned, not even criticized yet, and *immediately* launch into a limpdick tirade about how precious they are and questioning them is mean. You immeeeediiiiiately went into full defense lol, transparently and solely to get ahead of knowing you're just being a homer with giant, easily exposed holes in your opinion.

Back to ignore with you. Good lord get over yourself. 

Poor Gatito. Everybody's out of step in the big parade 'cept him. It must suck for him.

I'm surprised he's even wasting his time with this entire group of dumb people.

I would think he'd be out giving Seminars on modern baseball statistical metrics and moneyball, and have an online site passing along this advanced insight, knowledge, and know how. He's that smart

The BBWAA Hall of Fame ballot was announced on Monday with Manny Ramirez, Vladimir Guerrero and Ivan Rodriguez headlining the 19 new additions.
All three have strong cases for inclusion in Cooperstown. They'll be joined on the ballot by first-timers Casey Blake, Pat Burrell, Orlando Cabrera, Mike Cameron, J.D. Drew, Carlos Guillén, Derrek Lee, Melvin Mora, Magglio Ordóñez, Jorge Posada, Edgar Rentería, Arthur Rhodes, Freddy Sánchez, Matt Stairs, Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield.

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

The BBWAA Hall of Fame ballot was announced on Monday with Manny Ramirez, Vladimir Guerrero and Ivan Rodriguez headlining the 19 new additions.
All three have strong cases for inclusion in Cooperstown. They'll be joined on the ballot by first-timers Casey Blake, Pat Burrell, Orlando Cabrera, Mike Cameron, J.D. Drew, Carlos Guillén, Derrek Lee, Melvin Mora, Magglio Ordóñez, Jorge Posada, Edgar Rentería, Arthur Rhodes, Freddy Sánchez, Matt Stairs, Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield.

It'll be interesting to see how that goes for Manny, Vlad, and Ivan. Manny is in the Bonds boat: good enough to get in without the PED's but with the PED stain.

Vlad should get in.

IRod was a great defensive catcher, but is one of the poster boy for roids. He went from from a little guy to the Hulk and back down again. Similarly to Brett Boone. Don't believe IRod hit like an HOFer other than the time frame when he was obviously bulked up.

IMO it's Vlad and Manny out of this class but don't expect Manny get to any love at all.

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It'll be interesting to see how that goes for Manny, Vlad, and Ivan. Manny is in the Bonds boat: good enough to get in without the PED's but with the PED stain.

Vlad should get in.

IRod was a great defensive catcher, but is one of the poster boy for roids. He went from from a little guy to the Hulk and back down again. Similarly to Brett Boone. Don't believe IRod hit like an HOFer other than the time frame when he was obviously bulked up.

IMO it's Vlad and Manny out of this class but don't expect Manny get to any love at all.

I don't know if there was ever a more fun at-bat in baseball than Vlad, at least in my lifetime. Used to love the way he'd flick his bat out for stuff that was so far off the plate and still make it work. Had that bazooka attached to his shoulder for gunning runners down too. I will never forget when Rheal Cormier tried to intentionally walk him and Vlad turned it into a walk-off anyways. There are not a ton of obscure regular season memories seared into my memories but that one's there forever. First ballot lock for sure. And the couple writers that vote against him on principle, because there's always a few, are d-bags.

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I don't know if there was ever a more fun at-bat in baseball than Vlad, at least in my lifetime. Used to love the way he'd flick his bat out for stuff that was so far off the plate and still make it work. Had that bazooka attached to his shoulder for gunning runners down too. I will never forget when Rheal Cormier tried to intentionally walk him and Vlad turned it into a walk-off anyways. There are not a ton of obscure regular season memories seared into my memories but that one's there forever. First ballot lock for sure. And the couple writers that vote against him on principle, because there's always a few, are d-bags.

Didn't he hit a ball that hit the ground and bounced before the plate once?

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Vlad should get in.

Vlad is one of the most under rated players.   Guy had a cannon arm, won MVP, won a WS, 318 career hitter with 400+ home runs who never struck out 90 times in a season.

Also, could hit literally any pitch, thrown any where.

Vlad should definitely be in. Not sur if first ballot, but he belongs.

As much as he was known as a free swinger, he did not strike out that much. I don't think that he ever had a season over 100 whiffs. In this day, that would be considered phenomenal. 

His power and average combo along with speed early in his career should make him a lock. He was one of the 2 or 3 most dominant in his position for the era. I also believe him to be clean

Archived