Fournette

TNJet

52 minutes ago, TNJet said:

He and Powell would be amazing together. We should have a top 5 draft pick next year.

No disputing Fournette, and his talent, but I'd prefer a 3 down back who is dangerous out of the back field so for my money Dalvin Cook is the man I'd prefer.

Also look for Alvan Kamara RB Tennessee, he is turning heads, and drawing serious comparisons to Jamaal Charles, and currently shooting up draft boards.

On 19/11/2016 at 6:08 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I thought this thread was about he shoved an opposing coach twice today during that skirmish. He's a good player, but he's a running back and you don't take a running back in the first round unless you have zero other holes as a team. It's just not worth it. 

like the Cowboys who didn't had any holes on the team

On 11/19/2016 at 0:54 PM, Lupz27 said:

No disputing Fournette, and his talent, but I'd prefer a 3 down back who is dangerous out of the back field so for my money Dalvin Cook is the man I'd prefer.

Also look for Alvan Kamara RB Tennessee, he is turning heads, and drawing serious comparisons to Jamaal Charles, and currently shooting up draft boards.

I too like Dalvin Cook more than Leonard Fournette.  

On 11/19/2016 at 0:54 PM, Lupz27 said:

I think Fournette has better hands than he gets credit for. On the rare occasion that LSU throws to him, he has shown nice hands. 

Fournette is a freakshow and I imagine he'd be fun to watch in New York, but a top draft pick is probably better allocated elsewhere.

Will be interesting to see how his medical comes back on that ankle that seems to consistently be a problem.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Fournette is very talented, but with his size, and high running style he isn't long for the NFL IMO.  Dalvin Cook please all the way, every day, twice on Sunday.

Watching him torch my Gators in back to back seasons, I see Marshall Faulk in Dalvin Cook. 

Fournette - too banged up for my taste and comes up short in too many big games vs. good D's.  He's average something like 2.8 ypc vs. Bama in his career. 

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

Watching him torch my Gators in back to back seasons, I see Marshall Faulk in Dalvin Cook. 

Fournette - too banged up for my taste and comes up short in too many big games vs. good D's.  He's average something like 2.8 ypc vs. Bama in his career. 

I had concerns about that as well, but I watched the tape of both games and Alabama's line was just torching LSU's line. Fournette was getting hit in the backfield. 

On 11/19/2016 at 3:08 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I thought this thread was about he shoved an opposing coach twice today during that skirmish. He's a good player, but he's a running back and you don't take a running back in the first round unless you have zero other holes as a team. It's just not worth it. 

Agreed. Also, when your o-line is very weak, will it really matter who the RB is? If the o-line stinks it doesn't matter how good of a talent a RB is if there aren't any holes to run through.

Fournette and Cook are great talents. I prefer Cook. More versatile, better break away speed. JMHO.

Having said that. I like what we have in Forte and Powell right now. Forte is not the future but still has plenty left in the tank as he approaches another 1,000yrd rushing season. Powell will never be a featured back but I like his versatility and he plays with great effort. For now we are good at the position and do not need to take a RB in the first round. Especially not one in the top 20. If we were to look at RB, I would go outside of the first round and look at Kamara and D'Onta Foreman out of Texas.  

Having said that. I am praying for the Jets to get a top 3 pick and get a haul via trade down. Not only will there a ton of great talent in the 2nd round this year. But the Jets could trade down into the late teens/early twenties ans STILL get one of the top OT prospects in the draft. Just b/c OT is not a deep position in this year's draft does not mean there are no top OT talent out there. If a guy like C.Robinson (or insert top consensus OT) slips to the late teens I would be more than happy with the Jets taking him- especially if it means they add more draft picks via trade down.  

On 11/29/2016 at 2:54 PM, bealeb319 said:

I wouldn't cry if we drafted him i would be just as happy if we got Chubb in the second or third round though.

I'm a Chubb fan, although he hasn't looked the same since his injury. As of now my Top 5 RBs are

Fournette

Cook

Kamara

Chubb

McCaffrey

On 12/8/2016 at 1:11 PM, PepPep said:

Fournette and Cook are great talents. I prefer Cook. More versatile, better break away speed. JMHO.

Having said that. I like what we have in Forte and Powell right now. Forte is not the future but still has plenty left in the tank as he approaches another 1,000yrd rushing season. Powell will never be a featured back but I like his versatility and he plays with great effort. For now we are good at the position and do not need to take a RB in the first round. Especially not one in the top 20. If we were to look at RB, I would go outside of the first round and look at Kamara and D'Onta Foreman out of Texas.  

Having said that. I am praying for the Jets to get a top 3 pick and get a haul via trade down. Not only will there a ton of great talent in the 2nd round this year. But the Jets could trade down into the late teens/early twenties ans STILL get one of the top OT prospects in the draft. Just b/c OT is not a deep position in this year's draft does not mean there are no top OT talent out there. If a guy like C.Robinson (or insert top consensus OT) slips to the late teens I would be more than happy with the Jets taking him- especially if it means they add more draft picks via trade down.  

Despite what I said earlier- SEE ABOVE. I have now shifted towards Fournette as the top RB prospect and IF the Jets do not trade down. IF there is no OT prospect worth taking that high or there is not a clear BPA like L.Williams in 2015. Fournette would be the guy.

And yes, I still like Kamara and D'Onta Foreman and Cook. Not sure you can assume Fournette will be injured a lot in the NFL (or that much more than some of the other RB prospects) just based off his physique and ankle injury. He doesn't exactly try to run 'through' people on every play. Dude has serious speed.  

Fournette is a rare talent. Id love to have him on our team. But my fear is...i feel its gonna take about 3 or 4 years to rebuild this team. By then he could be breaking down already, especially given his running style. 

Hopefully we can trade down with a team that can contend and use Fournette for their run over the next few years like Elliot with Dallas. 

On 11/19/2016 at 2:08 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lol.. Gurely and the Rams say hi.

• 1 month later...

I've been slotting Mitch Trubisky here for a while now, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. 

If this is true, Leonard Fournette suddenly becomes the favorite for this pick. The Jets don't have a viable starting running for the future, and Fournette is a stud. Fournette is considered the top running back prospect since Adrian Peterson, as he's received higher grades than Todd Gurley and Ezekiel Elliott. He was slowed by an injury in 2016, but his tape in 2015 was some of the best a running back prospect has ever displayed. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#HX6moFAMurZQIZXk.99

Walter Football's latest mock, updated Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2017

On 12/9/2016 at 11:48 AM, Adoni Beast said:

If Fournette is there when we pick, he'd be perfect for a good team looking for that last piece to trade up with us for.

The more I think about it the more I think a team is going to see the Cowboys-Elliot thing and say "Screw it, let's get our QB a stud RB too."

Maybe a team like the Colts, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, or Packers would look to get ahead of the Panthers at #8. Stewart is over 30 and always hurt. I could see the Colts and Eagles being the most serious here, maybe get the Iggles' #14 and 2nd rounder? I'd want more from the Colts because screw them. 

Redskins/Giants/Packers all need a RB and might want to get their own Elliot in a "win-now" move. If so... highest bidder gets Cook/Fournette and we get more shots in a relatively deep draft where the top tier talent doesn't mesh with our true needs. 

22 hours ago, bigalbarracuda said:

The more I think about it the more I think a team is going to see the Cowboys-Elliot thing and say "Screw it, let's get our QB a stud RB too."

Maybe a team like the Colts, Eagles, Redskins, Giants, or Packers would look to get ahead of the Panthers at #8. Stewart is over 30 and always hurt. I could see the Colts and Eagles being the most serious here, maybe get the Iggles' #14 and 2nd rounder? I'd want more from the Colts because screw them. 

Redskins/Giants/Packers all need a RB and might want to get their own Elliot in a "win-now" move. If so... highest bidder gets Cook/Fournette and we get more shots in a relatively deep draft where the top tier talent doesn't mesh with our true needs. 

Yes, but don't you think the Browns going for a QB at 6 makes more sense? Moving up from 12 to 6 and throwing in their 2nd (first pick in rd.2) as well as another pick next year to sweeten the deal. The Browns will NOT pass on Garrett #1 overall unless something unforeseen happens leading up to the draft (which is possible). Can the Browns really afford to wait until pick 12 to take a QB if they like one? If Watson is the at 6, don't you think they will worry the Jets will take him? What about the Bills at 10? The Saints at 11? They all might want a QB. 

Browns have a lot of ammo. They can afford to trade up. And typically, teams trade up for a Franchise QB (see Eagles last year). 

But yes, Fournette would be a tempting trade chip as well. 

On 12/8/2016 at 1:28 PM, King P said:

I'm a Chubb fan, although he hasn't looked the same since his injury. As of now my Top 5 RBs are

Fournette

Cook

Kamara

Chubb

McCaffrey

I love Chubb.  He wears the right jersey, but I am pretty sure he announced he is going back to Georgia.  I think he expects to prove he is fully healed up, have a better season and come out on top of a weaker RB class. 

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Yes, but don't you think the Browns going for a QB at 6 makes more sense? Moving up from 12 to 6 and throwing in their 2nd (first pick in rd.2) as well as another pick next year to sweeten the deal. The Browns will NOT pass on Garrett #1 overall unless something unforeseen happens leading up to the draft (which is possible). Can the Browns really afford to wait until pick 12 to take a QB if they like one? If Watson is the at 6, don't you think they will worry the Jets will take him? What about the Bills at 10? The Saints at 11? They all might want a QB. 

Browns have a lot of ammo. They can afford to trade up. And typically, teams trade up for a Franchise QB (see Eagles last year). 

But yes, Fournette would be a tempting trade chip as well. 

Having Watson/Trubisky//Kizer/Fournette/Cook available at #6 would be a great scenario for the Jets to trade back. I'd love for the Browns to fall in love and move back up for a QB. I'd also love for GB/NYG to trade up and give us their 1, 2 and a 2018 pick as well. 

On 1/26/2017 at 2:59 PM, #27TheDominator said:

I love Chubb.  He wears the right jersey, but I am pretty sure he announced he is going back to Georgia.  I think he expects to prove he is fully healed up, have a better season and come out on top of a weaker RB class. 

Yup.  Chubb is staying in school.  He said he made the decision after we lost to GA Tech and he saw the Tech players ripping up the hedges at Sanford Stadium.  He decided he had to come back to get one last shot at Tech, although I think your explanation makes more sense.

Archived