Our path to the playoffs

nico002

Bowles is getting a third year. 

The trade deadline has passed. 

Petty should get a slew of starts to end the season. 

The definitely have to recommit to addressing the offensive line in the draft. 

I'm not really thinking they have to concede the next two seasons in order to make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Fire Bowles

Trade mangold and Wilkerson 

Start petty the rest of the way

hire a "qb guru"

draft OL and Qbs until you can't anymore

make playoffs in 2019

Dosen't  take 2 years to build a playoff team. Takes a great offseason this year and we can be in the playoffs. The team dosen't need to be perfect. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bowles is getting a third year. 

The trade deadline has passed. 

Petty should get a slew of starts to end the season. 

The definitely have to recommit to addressing the offensive line in the draft. 

I'm not really thinking they have to concede the next two seasons in order to make the playoffs. 

The Jets should have traded Richardson for a 3rd.  Now they have to sweat out several more months hoping he doesn't slip up and get himself suspended for the entire 2017 season.

9 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So you want our GM to settle? I want a Herschel Walker like trade in terms of value

A Herschel Walker deal for a stupid, immature, malcontent with a high suspension risk?

Good luck with that.  Absolute best case scenario is a 2nd.

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Fire Bowles

Trade mangold and Wilkerson 

Start petty the rest of the way

hire a "qb guru"

draft OL and Qbs until you can't anymore

make playoffs in 2019

Stupid mandates by a TROLL poster who has no concept of the horrible fiscal ramifications his "ideas" would cause the Jets. 

Gailey is considered a "QB guru" you 1355355194531419935troll-md.png

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

At minimum, I would want a 2.

What you want is irrelevant.  What someone will pay is what matters. And a 2nd is top retail.  Nobody likes to pay full retail for anything.  Especially when the product is defective, and requires a huge re-investment for its services.

Simple business concept.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

What you want is irrelevant.  What someone will pay is what matters. And a 2nd is top retail.  Nobody likes to pay full retail for anything.  Especially when the product is defective, and requires a huge re-investment for its services.

Simple business concept.

And yet fans want to pay him over Wilkerson

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

And yet fans want to pay him over Wilkerson

Don't categorize me as a "fan." Short for fanatic.  I have followed this franchise since before I was old enough to sit through a game. But I think in terms of logic. No green goggles. No delusions of a player's value.  And I am eager to see 4 years of awful football to attempt to build something special.  Not willing.  EAGER. Because that is the only way to fix this mess.

As you can see from my avatar, I hate fraud agency.  Just the draft, please.

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Don't categorize me as a "fan." Short for fanatic.  I have followed this franchise since before I was old enough to sit through a game. But I think in terms of logic. No green goggles. No delusions of a player's value.  And I am eager to see 4 years of awful football to attempt to build something special.  Not willing.  EAGER. Because that is the only way to fix this mess.

As you can see from my avatar, I hate fraud agency.  Just the draft, please.

The problem is that Woody doesnt think people are going to come to see a rebuilding team. idzik tried it and got billboards and banners

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is that Woody doesnt think people are going to come to see a rebuilding team. idzik tried it and got billboards and banners

I agree that Woody's attendance issue is a problem. But Idzik didn't get the banners because he tried it.  He might have had the right plan in mind, MIGHT have.  But the banners were because he only drafted 2 starters out of 19 picks.  His drafting was historically bad. Mathematically impossible bad.  My 6 year-old niece could have done better with any hack's website rankings.

1 hour ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Dosen't  take 2 years to build a playoff team. Takes a great offseason this year and we can be in the playoffs. The team dosen't need to be perfect. 

That means more quick fix short term moves. This team needs to rebuild. So if things go well for us we 2018/2019 could be a playoff season. 

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets should have traded Richardson for a 3rd.  Now they have to sweat out several more months hoping he doesn't slip up and get himself suspended for the entire 2017 season.

Why does everyone want to be so dramatic with these overrated D-linemen we have?  Either we overpay them like crazy or trade them for middle round picks we eventually waste on crappy DB's.

Just have Sheldumb play out the rest of his contract.  If he does screw up again we can resign him for the league minimum.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Idzik had no plan.  He was a disorganized mess of a GM who had no ability to evaluate talent that's how he drafted Pryor over Brandin Cooks, Clinton-Dix, Kelvin Benjamin, Derek Carr, Teddy Bridgewater and a dozen other better players.

No team actually rebuilds in the NFL it's very easy to go from 1-15 to the playoffs next year heck we almost did it ourselves.  Just draft well and sign a couple good free agents and hire a coach with a clue.

2 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Absolutely the exact opposite of what the Jets front office should be thinking.  smh

3 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Maybe, if we have a decent qb and we don't know if we do.

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

A Herschel Walker deal for a stupid, immature, malcontent with a high suspension risk?

Good luck with that.  Absolute best case scenario is a 2nd.

Says who?  

And what makes him stupid or a malcontent?  Other than you decided to call him both

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem is some of you cant get your head wrapped around the fact that you dont destroy a team and start over again in todays NFL.  Doesnt have to happen, Woody and any GM woulld tell you that.  

5 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Simple business concept.

A 2 is worthless.  The Jets have drafted one productive player in the 2nd in the last 10 years.  They should trade all their 2nd round picks.

Archived