Major reason why team overlooked Prescott

UnitedWhofans

Name the last QB out of the SEC that has succeeded in the NFL and become a franchise QB

The one I can think of is Stafford then Eli Manning.

SEC QBs for the most part have not translated well to the NFL, probably because SEC teams build their teams around defense and skill positions.

Tebow, Manziel, McCarron, McElroy, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Flynn, All busts or not major QBs

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cam Newton, Jay Cutler

Newton's "success" took a step back this year. So he's still on the book. Needs to have another major Super Bowl run, I think. Plus, he started for basically one year in the SEC. 

Cutler is in the same boat as Stafford. Good but playoff success has eluded them. Franchise QB is loose with them

Nonsense. 

There's no correlation between the conference a QB played in and this success level. Look up every current NFL starters college conference -- it's all over the place. SEC, Big Ten, ACC, Mountain West, MAC, even FCS schools/conferences.

If anything more SEC QBs have been drafted high than other conferences. 

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Nonsense. 

There's no correlation between the conference a QB played in and this success level. Look up every current NFL starters college conference -- it's all over the place. SEC, Big Ten, ACC, Mountain West, MAC, even FCS schools/conferences.

If anything more SEC QBs have been drafted high than other conferences. 

I believe there is. Simply because I think talented Blue chip QB prospects tend to avoid the SEC because of the defenses. They want to go to the Big 12 where they can pass free

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This organizations scouting department,GM and head coach should leave no stones unturned when evaluating a college QB havent they realized one isn't going to show up at the facility hard work and perseverance are needed so we can draft a good one. 

So according to you, 32 teams didn't do a good enough job scouting Prescott and the Cowboys fell into him by dumb luck  in the 4th round since the guy they really wanted was gone .

Really, when you look at QBs around the league, one minute this guy is doing well, the next minute they aren't. Prescott is doing well this year. But will he last? who knows...You guys are all over the latest guy ALWAYS. And then you trash a college football conference. You sound stupid.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I believe there is. Simply because I think talented Blue chip QB prospects tend to avoid the SEC because of the defenses. They want to go to the Big 12 where they can pass free

Except the Big XII has produced... Who, exactly? Sam Bradford? Ryan Tannehill? Vince Young? RGIII? 

The Big XII has been the worst conference in the country for producing NFL QBs.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Except the Big XII has produced... Who, exactly? Sam Bradford? Ryan Tannehill? Vince Young? RGIII? 

The Big XII has been the worst conference in the country for producing NFL QBs.

Very true. The conferences with the best record of NFL QBs are the Big 10 and the Pac 12

Tom Brady, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, could say Russell Wilson, but he was in the conference for only a year.

Pac 12 has Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Jared Goff now

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes and what has happened this year?

One great year doesn't make you a great QB. The jury is still out

So they have to be "great" to translate well to the NFL?  Seriously? We can't find a mediocre game manager but Cam Newton isn't great enough to translate well to the NFL?  Guy won the MVP last year but did not translate well? He took a step back but damn I would love Cam newton to be here.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

So they have to be "great" to translate well to the NFL?  Seriously? We can't find a mediocre game manager but Cam Newton isn't great enough to translate well to the NFL?  Guy won the MVP last year but did not translate well? He took a step back but damn I would love Cam newton to be here.

Depends on what the definition of a franchise QB is. Ryan Fitzpatrick's career stats shows he's mediocre. 

Shaun Alexander won the MVP at running back. Was he a great back?

I wouldnt want Newton here because I don't think he could handle the market.

14 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

So according to you, 32 teams didn't do a good enough job scouting Prescott and the Cowboys fell into him by dumb luck  in the 4th round since the guy they really wanted was gone .

No what I posted was about this organization and their QB search learn how to read. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Depends on what the definition of a franchise QB is. Ryan Fitzpatrick's career stats shows he's mediocre. 

Shaun Alexander won the MVP at running back. Was he a great back?

I wouldnt want Newton here because I don't think he could handle the market.

So what does you not wanting him here because you are afraid his feelings would get hurt have to do with him not translating well to the NFL?

18 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes and what has happened this year?

One great year doesn't make you a great QB. The jury is still out

So your point is that Dak was overlooked in the draft because the Jets knew Cam Newton, who was the reigning MVP, was going to have a regression this year? Because SEC. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Name the last QB out of the SEC that has succeeded in the NFL and become a franchise QB

The one I can think of is Stafford then Eli Manning.

SEC QBs for the most part have not translated well to the NFL, probably because SEC teams build their teams around defense and skill positions.

Tebow, Manziel, McCarron, McElroy, JaMarcus Russell, Matt Flynn, All busts or not major QBs

Peyton Manning  - University of Tennessee. Jay Cutler - Vanderbilt, Cam Newton - Auburn, Eli Manning - Ol Miss. Now Dak. SEC is more of a defense, RB conference but they have their moments at QB too. Some big busts, but some great ones too. Toss in Matthew Stafford - Georgia as well.

Archived