Rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets on Sunday

JoJoTownsell1

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

What else are you going to say.  You were pining for Fitz all offseason.  Are you not entertained?

I'm not rooting for the Jets to win because of Fitz, I'm rooting for the Jets because I'm a Jets fan.  

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm not rooting for the Jets to win because of Fitz, I'm rooting for the Jets because I'm a Jets fan.  

Perhaps you should try doing something different :D  I can't bring myself to root for the Pats to beat us.  I just simply won't root or care for the outcome of this game.  Jets lost me for the rest of the season so long as Fitz is under center.  First time in my life saying that with this team.  I've always been an eternal optimist but I think hit my breaking point.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Fair enough.

I'm rooting for the Jets to lose because of Fitz and Bowles.  We've reached defcon 2 and the only way I see this madness ending is to get Fitz, Bowles, and Kacy Rodgers the F outta here.  I can't take them anymore.

Just now, jbrae said:

The Pats have no defense. Kap looked ok against them. Fitz and company could score enough to stay in this one. Powell and Forte should have monster games

When he was our DC, I always admired Belicheat for taking a mediocre unit and crafting intelligent game plans to shut down some pretty good teams.  It would not surprise me if we get shutout with Fitz throwing at least three picks.

1 minute ago, jbrae said:

The Pats have no defense. Kap looked ok against them. Fitz and company could score enough to stay in this one. Powell and Forte should have monster games

Right...but what should Brady do vs the Jets secondary?

1 minute ago, jbrae said:

Who needs defense when your HOF QB is fully rested heading into December because they had the first quarter of the season off.  Oh and he statistically is on record for the same pace as his 18-1 season.  

I'm just extra salty having to live in NE with this level of play and then tune in each week to see my sh*t team sh*tting the bed on and off the field, top to bottom.

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am a homer Jets fan. The guy that always thinks we are going 12-4 before the season starts. The guy that defends Geno or Fitz if they are our QB heading into the season. I mock SOJF's that whine about every Jets move. 

But this Sunday, I will be rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets. I am rooting for Fitz to be awful and for Bowles to be forced to explain why he thought Fitz was the right choice over Petty. Would I like to see some of our kids play well? Of course. But sometimes you need to hit rock bottom for the organization to realize the head coach is a moron and move in a new direction. 

Anyone who roots for the Jets to lose are asswipes .

No need to insult and call people names up in here.  This thread is going to start heating up and as people get home from work and continue to contribute to this thread lets keep it civil and clean.  We are all fans and we all want a winning org.  Some people feel they want the team to do things that will eventually benefit the team others believe you have to go down with the ship no matter who gives the orders.  We can disagree and debate in there but keep the namecalling out of it.  It doesn't contribute anything.  Everyone has a right to their opinion and how they want to support or not support the team.  There is no rule book to being a fan.

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

If you want to call yourself a Jet fan, you cannot under any circumstances root for the Pats. Its like rooting for ISIS to win because you don't like Obama. Lets go JETS!!

although I don't agree with the analogy, I agree can't root for pats to beat jets.. I hooe jets beat pats twice and then in every other game get pounded for as long as fitz is under center

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

No way in hell I'll ever root for the Pats to beat the Jets.

WTF...there was actually a "Jets fan" who "neg repped" my comment about never rooting for the Pats to beat the Jets.  

Doesn't get more die-hard than that...LOL

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

When he was our DC, I always admired Belicheat for taking a mediocre unit and crafting intelligent game plans to shut down some pretty good teams.  It would not surprise me if we get shutout with Fitz throwing at least three picks.

I have a memorial to attend for a dear golf friend who passed.   Will have time to see second half perhaps. So....regardless, I'll be participating in an event marking the end of something or someone I admired. 

5 hours ago, jett said:

Ok sounds good! But when the jets are good again, and one day they will be, I get to bring up this thread again and singlehandedly pick out each one of you. Because you'll be the ones cheering the loudest when things are good, but are always the worst when things are bad. A true fan stays consistent.  Leave your fan keys here please, go be a patriots fan then. 

You've hurt me deeply. I have endured this teams BS for over 45 years. I'll do as I please.

Archived