Rooting for the Pats to embarrass the Jets on Sunday

JoJoTownsell1

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Interesting but it's only a stat. Do you really give him credit for our above .500 record since he's been the owner. If I give it to one guy it's Parcells. Because imo he turned around this franchise.Also with six games left in 2016 in two seasons out of the last three the Jets have only 7 Ws in 26 games, 

Lmao, man I don't know if you meant to do it, but a strong Fitz supporter now saying "it's only a stat" in reference to a different situation is golden.

Woody was brought in to be our owner.  He's done that, and done it better than any other owner we've had.  Stats never lie.  

We have to look at the market value of owners.  Actually Woody deserves a raise.  All ticket and merchandise prices should rise.  The market for a starting owner is what it is, and Woody is our starting owner.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Lmao, man I don't know if you meant to do it, but a strong Fitz supporter now saying "it's only a stat" in reference to a different situation is golden.

Woody was brought in to be our owner.  He's done that, and done it better than any other owner we've had.  Stats never lie.  

We have to look at the market value of owners.  Actually Woody deserves a raise.  All ticket and merchandise prices should rise.  The market for a starting owner is what it is, and Woody is our starting owner.

Raise the prices on everything!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

of course they do. the main reason the jets run defense is statistically strong is everybody has too much fun throwing on the jets to bother running it.

That is not true.  The Jets have been very strong against the run all season. Their pass defense is weak, but they have been great against the run.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

of course they do. the main reason the jets run defense is statistically strong is everybody has too much fun throwing on the jets to bother running it.

Yup, plus they see how much money Wilkerson is making and get scared of running at the guy.  

Now Macc's strategy makes sense.  Sure Wilk is a good player with subpar motivation/motor, but if we pay him like one of the best, teams will think he's one of the best.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Yup, plus they see how much money Wilkerson is making and get scared of running at the guy.  

Now Macc's strategy makes sense.  Sure Wilk is a good player with subpar motivation/motor, but if we pay him like one of the best, teams will think he's one of the best.

sick burn bro

but serioulsy, was that sarcasm or do you really believe football stats never lie?

Just now, Larz said:

sick burn bro

but serioulsy, was that sarcasm or do you really believe football stats never lie?

I despise Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I have since week 5 of last year.  That should express my view on stats.

Stats are only as reliable as the fools cherry picking them.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I despise Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I have since week 5 of last year.  That should express my view on stats.

Stats are only as reliable as the fools cherry picking them.

I have no idea what that means, I don't do the QB thread thing, but most NFL stats are dubious at best and heavily influenced by score, field position and the clock

6 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Until Fitz beats the Pats tomorrow (You heard it here first !!!!!)

Ryan_Fitzpatrick_General.png

Fitz beating NE only makes this season worse.  Any additional wins with Fitz under Center are negatives.

Now if Petty comes in and beats NE, that's another story.

I don't want the Jets embarrassed. I love the Jets. I wanna win the game. I want Fitzpatrick embarrassed because I never want to see him under center again. I'm rooting for a 35-28 win. D pitches a shutout, we return 4 punts and the opening kickoff for TD's. All of NE's points come off Fitz pick 6's and he doesn't even complete a single pass save for one shuffle pass that loses 3 yards. 1/25 with 4 picks returned for TD's and -3 yards......and we win the game. That's my perfect scenario this weekend. Maybe then Bowles benches the ****er for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/26/2016 at 3:29 PM, southparkcpa said:

Look..we suck. Slice it anyway you want BUT, before 1978 there was only 1 wild card team. In 1990 they added 2 more.  

Under pre 1990 rules how many times would we make the playoffs?  Not often I imagine.  I dont care BUT your facst arent fair. 

Back out EVERY WC appearance where we weren't the best WC team and compare THAT to the era of 1990 and before.

1960-1965:

Jets had 1 in 4 chance to make championship game.  25%

1966-1968:

Jets had 1 in 5 chance, 20%

1969:

Jets had 2 in 5 chance, 40%

1970-1975:

jets had 1 in 5 chance of winning division, 20%

Jets had 1 in 10 chance to earn WC, 10%

1976-1977:

Jets had 1 in 5 chance to win div, 20%

1 in 11 chance to earn WC, 9%

1978-1981, 1983-1989

Jets had 1 in 5 chance to win division, 20%

2 in 11 chance to earn WC, 18%

1982:

Jets had 8 in 14 chance to make playoffs, 57%

1990-1994

Jets had 3 in 11 chance to earn WC, 27%

1995-1998:

Jets had 3 in 12 chance to earn WC, 25%

1999-2001:

jets had 3 in 13 chance to earn WC, 23%

2002-current:

Jets have 1 in 4 chance to win division, 25%

Jets have 2 in 12 chance to earn WC, 17%

while winning the division based on sheer # of teams is the easiest since the early AFL days, the reality is it has been the hardest since we have had to deal w/ the Brady dynasty so we have been playing for WCs in the Woody era.  17% chance to earn WC which is more difficult than any other time than from 1970-1977 where it was easier to win the division b/c one team didn’t dominate the division. 

On 11/26/2016 at 3:47 PM, Rangers9 said:

Interesting but it's only a stat. Do you really give him credit for our above .500 record since he's been the owner. If I give it to one guy it's Parcells. Because imo he turned around this franchise.Also with six games left in 2016 in two seasons out of the last three the Jets have only 7 Ws in 26 games, 

Parcells is an all time great coach but he was a terrible GM type.  His drafts from 1997-1999 were brutal, he left us in cap hell and cost us Peyton, BB and Brady so no I don’t give BP credit for the success we had post BP.  BP did a great job as HC but he was done coaching by the time Woody became owner.

41 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells is an all time great coach but he was a terrible GM type.  His drafts from 1997-1999 were brutal, he left us in cap hell and cost us Peyton, BB and Brady so no I don’t give BP credit for the success we had post BP.  BP did a great job as HC but he was done coaching by the time Woody became owner.

IMO turned around the franchise not Woody. After he got here we've been generally competitive over the years. Without Woody we would have been a lot better.

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

IMO turned around the franchise not Woody. After he got here we've been generally competitive over the years. Without Woody we would have been a lot better.

He definitely turned the franchise around...as a COACH.  Did an awful job as an exec and the success we had under Woody had little to do with BP.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He definitely turned the franchise around...as a COACH.  Did an awful job as an exec and the success we had under Woody had little to do with BP.

I disagree. The team took an upswing only after he came aboard. You can pick apart specific draft selections like you can with anyone. But the team became competitive under him. Woody had really nothing positive to do with any of it. And overall just being a few games over .500 isn't so great. 

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I disagree. The team took an upswing only after he came aboard. You can pick apart specific draft selections like you can with anyone. But the team became competitive under him. Woody had really nothing positive to do with any of it. And overall just being a few games over .500 isn't so great. 

He changed the culture as a HC and deserves credit for that, to credit for winning in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010 is silly especially when we had to dump half the team b/c of the cap after 2001.  All time great HC, maybe the best in our lifetimes but as an exec he was nothing more than mediocre and while in the short term he turned us around he prevented us from becoming a big team franchise w/ some of his moves.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He changed the culture as a HC and deserves credit for that, to credit for winning in 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010 is silly especially when we had to dump half the team b/c of the cap after 2001.  All time great HC, maybe the best in our lifetimes but as an exec he was nothing more than mediocre and while in the short term he turned us around he prevented us from becoming a big team franchise w/ some of his moves.

So what were the terrible draft picks and personnel decisions he made. He was famous for turning around bad franchises. Not just coaching but team building. The reason he left I think was because he didn't want to work with Woody. It might have had something to do with Belichick leaving too although Parcells got most of the blame for that. But Parcells was eventually going to exit the Jets and leave BB alone to coach the team. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So what were the terrible draft picks and personnel decisions he made. He was famous for turning around bad franchises. Not just coaching but team building. The reason he left I think was because he didn't want to work with Woody. It might have had something to do with Belichick leaving too although Parcells got most of the blame for that. But Parcells was eventually going to exit the Jets and leave BB alone to coach the team. 

• Dorian Boose
  • Trading Abraham
  • Trading for Curtis Martin
  • Changing the uniforms.

He turned around NE. Lawrence Taylor turned around the Giants.

32 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look at our drafts from 1997-1999, he had 10+ picks each year and hit on about 3 in 3 years and one of them b/c he dropped b/c of a marijuana test.  He inherited the #1 pick and turned it into james Farrior.  Farrier would eventually become a good player but not #1 pick worthy and he became a good player under herm then was too expensive to re-sign.  The drafts were awful.  He did better in FA w/ Curtis(gave up the farm to get him) and Mawae and 2 scrap heap guys in Vinny and Cox but his drafting was atrocious and again he cost us Peyton, Belichick and Brady.

He wanted to leave after 1998, he came back for Hess and then he strung along BB b/c he was under contract to take over for him.  he knew he wasn’t coming back after ‘99(he never wanted to coach in ’99 to begin with) but made his “decision” only after hearing of BB talking with Kraft.  If he just let BB know his intentions BB would have stayed, his NE staff would have been here, Brady would have been a Jet and we’d have the dynasty and would be laughing at whiny Pat fans complaining about BB’s tainted Jets SBs.

1 hour ago, phill1c said:
  • Dorian Boose
  • Trading Abraham
  • Trading for Curtis Martin
  • Changing the uniforms.

He turned around NE. Lawrence Taylor turned around the Giants.

He wasn't GM of the Giants, George Young was.  He did a good job with us, NEP, the Cowboys (172-130-1) and Miami. went from 1-15 to 11-5 and made the playoffs in that CP season for the Fins. I disagree on Curtis Martin (how can you criticize that move) and on the unis. The old ones kind of sucked. 

On 11/25/2016 at 3:05 PM, joewilly12 said:

Tom Brady isn't lasting the entire game. 

Malcom Butler sucks he's known for one play in the Super Bowl. 

The Jets upset the Patriots on Sunday. 

Hi There:

Care to redact your ridiculous statement?

My 10 point guess on the Jets was spot on.

Stadium was really quiet Sunday from the Jets fans.

Was nice to hear Patriots fans that traveled to support their team.

1 hour ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Hi There:

Care to redact your ridiculous statement?

My 10 point guess on the Jets was spot on.

Stadium was really quiet Sunday from the Jets fans.

Was nice to hear Patriots fans that traveled to support their team.

Congrats on the win I was wrong again. 

Archived