Good news, now we will only lose by 20..Gronk out

Jetfan13

Gronkowski not expected to play against Jets

Nov
11/23/2016 9:47:54 AM

New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is not expected to play this Sunday against the New York Jets according to Dianna Russini of ESPN.

Gronk suffered a perforated lung in Week 10 and did not travel with the team last week when they flew to the West Coast to take on the the San Francisco 49ers.  According to Russini,  the Patriots are "prepping the offense without him."  Matellus Bennett, who was underwhelming in a prime spot without Gronk in the field against ther 49ers and caught only two passes for 14 yards, will once again be asked to carry the load against the Jets.

Just now, gEYno said:

We win this game, draft a DB, and resign Fitz.

Pretty much.  DB in the 1st (I actually wont complain if it's Teez Tabor, he's that good)...but definitely another project QB in the 4th.  We carry 4 QBs with Fitz as the starter.

However, I predict we break our 2nd bad luck and find a nice LT.  

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pretty much.  DB in the 1st (I actually wont complain if it's Teez Tabor, he's that good)...but definitely another project QB in the 4th.  We carry 4 QBs with Fitz as the starter.

However, I predict we break our 2nd bad luck and find a nice LT.  

J?

given all the bs surrounding this team for this season, it's hard to gage how they will play.  they can beat the patsies.  they have played tough in all the games except buttfumble and they have an offense that should be able to exploit the patsie defense.  and when the patsies have the ball, if the dline finally starts playing, it could get interesting for tommy boy.  brady is not immune to pressure and getting knocked around.  and even though bennett is playing well, not having gronk has got to change the way he plays a bit.

That's a huge loss for them, as it's much more than just the loss of a superstar but changes how their entire offense is run.  It makes this a much closer grindy matchup.

The 2 TE offense would have been almost impossible to deal with for our unit, whereas now we can actually bring in extra dbs to cover Bennet without fear of having Blount running through us.

Its now all about how we deal with the shifty WRs and their 3rd down rbs, which is hard but not impossible.

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Winning this game would be the lynchpin to the "we're not that far away" promise of next offseason. See: selling "hope".

I dont think the Jets are that far away. This is the league of worst to first and first to worst in a heartbeat. 

If the Jets are able to shed some of the overpaid dead weight, bring in some key FAs, get some luck with their young player development (Lee, Petty, Hack, Jenkins, Burris) and continue bringing in talent via the draft, they will definitely be competitive next year. Maybe not legitimate SB contenders, but certainly playoff contenders.

Just now, PepPep said:

I dont think the Jets are that far away. This is the league of worst to first and first to worst in a heartbeat. 

If the Jets are able to shed some of the overpaid dead weight, bring in some key FAs, get some luck with their young player development (Lee, Petty, Hack, Jenkins, Burris) and continue bringing in talent via the draft, they will definitely be competitive next year. Maybe not legitimate SB contenders, but certainly playoff contenders.

This is exactly how they've tried to condition us for years.

This game will be a lot closer than people think. Brandon Marshall owns The Tiny Butler, Collins use to make plays all the time vs us, Branch is suspended so they should be able to run, Ninkovich is a shell of himself.

Jets will move the ball on the Pats, Forte (the old man) with 2 weeks rest will have a game like he had vs Buffalo in week 2.

Enunwa, Anderson, Smith will get open easily & Fitz plays well without a pass rush in his face. Jets will score points, two most important stats...Jets redzone success....Jets defense on 3rd Down, very simple.

Oh, and since we have no chance of the playoffs, Leo pile driving Brady into the turf would also be an acceptable outcome.

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

That's what I said at the beginning of this year

Archived