What I want from next Head Coach

NoBowles

- Offensive minded guy. So sick of the pu$$y defensive minded HC. 

- A plan to identify and develop a QB. Whether he knows how personally, or brings someone in, absolutely critical. Bowles has no clue, and I don't think Gailey does either.

- A HC who plays to win, rather than not to lose. Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles all played not to lose rather than to win.

- Someone who holds the players accountable. I don't care if they are a players coach or not, but they need to hold the players accountable.

- Lose more games than you win your first year!   

Just now, NoBowles said:

- A plan to identify and develop a QB. Whether he knows how personally, or brings someone in, absolutely critical. Bowles has no clue, and I don't think Gailey does either.

- A HC who plays to win, rather than not to lose. Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles all played not to lose rather than to win.

- Someone who holds the players accountable. I don't care if they are a players coach or not, but they need to hold the players accountable.

Interesting option

51 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

-last offensive minded HC we hired was Rich Kotite

-last HC w/ reputation that he could develop a QB was Bruce Coslet who did marvelous things w/ Browning Nagle(while letting Jeff Blake go)

-Herm and rex won 6 postseason games, we have won 12 postseason games in our history.

-Herm suspended John Abraham, rex suspended Braylon for a qtr

-last NYJ HC to have losing record in their first season was Rich Kotite.

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

You buying this team?  A couple of billion making a hole in your pocket?

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

-last HC w/ reputation that he could develop a QB was Bruce Coslet who did marvelous things w/ Browning Nagle(while letting Jeff Blake go)

-Herm and rex won 6 postseason games, we have won 12 postseason games in our history.

You're ruining his conjecture with facts.  Some may find that offensive.  lol

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

this argument is silly

you bored and in a bad mood?

The Jets may need a new OL coach - but definitely need some new OL players. 

They also need players at quite a few other positions and maybe another Ex HC on the coaching staff, maybe at DC.

They do not need to fire Bowles. 

17 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Sounds good, so who is the coach you think can do that? I am impressed so far with Gase down in Miami and he was an O coordinator with the QB guru status. Cutler had his best year under Gase and so far so has Tannehill. 

16 hours ago, nyjunc said:

However as a rookie HC with the Eagles he never had a losing season in his first 3 years and was 7-9 in season 4 and was fired..

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

its the impossible dream but Harbaugh

watching his team play I see exactly what I want the jets to be.

what's funny is how Tannenbaum was bashed for interviewing Harbaugh back before we hired Rex.  we had a good thing w/ Tannenbaum and rex, the downfall of this franchise began the day we fired Tannenbaum and then hired Idzik.

29 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

what's funny is how Tannenbaum was bashed for interviewing Harbaugh back before we hired Rex.  we had a good thing w/ Tannenbaum and rex, the downfall of this franchise began the day we fired Tannenbaum and then hired Idzik.

Again your revisionist history is laughable. The downfall began at the conclusion of the 2011 lockout when Tannenbaum made some of the worst FA moves. Tannebaum's drafts were terrible also as  he constantly traded late round picks to move up for busts.  He also made an ass out of himself during the 2012 offseason:

Giving Sanchez an extension with guaranteed money, when there was no reason to;

Signing Drew Stanton than cutting Drew Stanton a week later after trading for Tebow!

I agree that Idzik was a mistake.  We finally have hired a good GM who will need some time to make up for the poor personnel moves made by the prior regimes.  He is already starting to bare some fruit.  He put a band aide on last year's team combined with a favorable schedule for a 10 win season. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Again your revisionist history is laughable. The downfall began at the conclusion of the 2011 lockout when Tannenbaum made some of the worst FA moves. Tannebaum's drafts were terrible also as  he constantly traded late round picks to move up for busts.  He also made an ass out of himself during the 2012 offseason:

Giving Sanchez an extension with guaranteed money, when there was no reason to;

Signing Drew Stanton that cuttingDrew Stanton a week later after trading for Tebow!

I agree that Idzik was a mistake.  We finally have hired a good GM who will need some time to make up for the poor personnel moves made by the prior regimes.  He is already starting to bare some fruit.  He put a band aide on last year's team combined with a favorable schedule for a 10 win season. 

his drafts were not terrible, his philosophy of trading away picks were not good but we got more out of his few picks than the 30+ Parcells had in 3 years.  we knew there would be bumps post 2011 but at the first bump we fired him which was foolish.  he built us up to legit SB contenders, we went for it and didn't quite make it but he should have been given the chance to do it again.  

The sanchez move was a good one, an easy out after 2013.  the problem was we didn;'t have cap space to surround him w/ enough talent.  sanchez on the 2015 Jets and we skate into the playoffs.

I don't know who is to blame for Tebow, it was a bad move but not a fireable offense.

I like Macc, we may have a good one but we made a huge mistake firing Tannenbaum then 2 years later Rex who are both doing good jobs w/ their new teams while we suck w/ more talent than either of those teams.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

his drafts were not terrible, his philosophy of trading away picks were not good but we got more out of his few picks than the 30+ Parcells had in 3 years.  we knew there would be bumps post 2011 but at the first bump we fired him which was foolish.  he built us up to legit SB contenders, we went for it and didn't quite make it but he should have been given the chance to do it again.  

The sanchez move was a good one, an easy out after 2013.  the problem was we didn;'t have cap space to surround him w/ enough talent.  sanchez on the 2015 Jets and we skate into the playoffs.

I don't know who is to blame for Tebow, it was a bad move but not a fireable offense.

I like Macc, we may have a good one but we made a huge mistake firing Tannenbaum then 2 years later Rex who are both doing good jobs w/ their new teams while we suck w/ more talent than either of those teams.

I thought Tanny was good until the conclusion of the 2011 lockout.  I also thought he never helped out Sanchez with good weapons.  Sanchez won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 seasons, which really is a nice accomplishment. I never understood why they stript him of his weapons and never replenished them

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I thought Tanny was good until the conclusion of the 2011 lockout.  I also thought he never helped out Sanchez with good weapons.  Sanchez won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 seasons, which really is a nice accomplishment. I never understood why they stript him of his weapons and never replenished them.

What are your thoughts on Terry Bradway then?

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I thought Tanny was good until the conclusion of the 2011 lockout.  I also thought he never helped out Sanchez with good weapons.  Sanchez won 4 road playoff games in his first 2 seasons, which really is a nice accomplishment. I never understood why they stript him of his weapons and never replenished them

he did a good job Mark's first couple of years, I agree w/ you he didn't handle the lockup well.  

I think cap reasons were why they stripped the talent, they made a mistake.  

The downfall of this team is an owner forcing GMs to be competitive every year. If you have a franchise QB, you can.  Then you don't have to be elite in every other position.  You can't maintain that.  

What happened with Tannenbaum, he tried to built a super unit defensive line without pass rushers and drafted and spent all the money on our defense.  But with no QB and no talent in the skilled positions.  We were doomed when what we had got old.  And the completely ignored the offensive line.

Now Mac and Bowles take over a team with No QB, and aging everywhere.  Stop forcing the quick fixes.  Rebuild the line through the draft.  Only Big time FAs we should be investing in are pash rushers.

Take a step back and stop missing on QBs.  We draft more QBs than every other team and they either get cut, don't get the opportunity, or the get coddled.  

Id say roll 2017 with Petty and Hack.  If they are as bad as everyone thinks, we should be picking at the top of the draft in 2018 and can take Browner.

38 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he did a good job Mark's first couple of years, I agree w/ you he didn't handle the lockup well.  

I think cap reasons were why they stripped the talent, they made a mistake.  

I don't think it was a mistake. I think you had a team that was challenging for a SB,he did what he had to do for 2009-2010 to try before the window of opportunity closed.  It was the mistakes afterwards that doomed him, extending Holmes and Sanchez, and Tebow.

55 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

What are your thoughts on Terry Bradway then?

bradway? one word, doug jolley.  has to be one of the worst trades ever.  as for tanny, he made some really bad draft picks like ducasse, wilson, and then some bad deals like holmes.  his biggest issue as gm was not restocking after 2010 even if it meant making some unpopular cuts.  maccagnan hasn't been around enough to fully judge and neither has bowles.  both these guys have failed to get a good qb and the surprising thing of the past two seasons is the poor defense and special teams play.

as for the next hc, imo they need a coach who has been a head coach at some level, pro or bigtime college.  one who knows how to adapt to the players and make sure the players play their best for the full 60 minutes.  and he can't ever be afraid to yank a player simply because they have a big contract.  and as for big contracts, if the players stop playing because they got their money they need to be traded or otherwise launched.  enough of the prima dona syndrome.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Tannenbaum's draft record was abysmal and I can't even say how delighted I was when Rex got the boot. Tanny and Rex was - in the words of Donald Trump - a disaster.

13 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Tannenbaum's draft record was abysmal and I can't even say how delighted I was when Rex got the boot. Tanny and Rex was - in the words of Donald Trump - a disaster.

let's not forget he drafted the best player in franchise history who is a lock HOFer- the last time we drafted a HOFer was probably Riggins in the 70s.  Mangold has a HOF chance as well.

he built legit SB contenders and has greatly improved a div rival who had been a laughingstock this century.  rex is doing a great job w/.a depleted Bills team but we have todd bowles!  Most Jet fans deserve the 2016 Jets.

Just now, nyjunc said:

let's not forget he drafted the best player in franchise history who is a lock HOFer- the last time we drafted a HOFer was probably Riggins in the 70s.  Mangold has a HOF chance as well.

he built legit SB contenders and has greatly improved a div rival who had been a laughingstock this century.  rex is doing a great job w/.a depleted Bills team but we have todd bowles!  Most Jet fans deserve the 2016 Jets.

We beat that team. And they should have a better record. 

Archived