The #1 reason Bowles public enemy #1

SickJetFan

Has absolutely  nothing to do with football 

I like most want to see petty play now not later...I like most say he  needs the experience to get better 

In reality though I want to see if we need to draft a qb or get one via FA...so I can obsess over next 8 months or so about next season 

Draftbreakdown.....fanspeak....mock draft et all.......

And I know most on this site have the same un healthy obsession as I

So just admit it.....whether he right or wrong . ..why you are really pissed 

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Has absolutely  nothing to do with football 

I like most want to see petty play now not later...I like most say he  needs the experience to get better 

In reality though I want to see if we need to draft a qb or get one via FA...so I can obsess over next 8 months or so about next season 

Draftbreakdown.....fanspeak....mock draft et all.......

And I know most on this site have the same un healthy obsession as I

So just admit it.....whether he right or wrong . ..why you are really pissed 

You can say that he and Mangini have been similar in nature. ONe great first year and a bad second year. 

public enemy is a bit harsh, but I think bowles coaches scared, lets players off too easy, and is too stubborn making roster changes

his greatest sin however remains he has apparently not enough vision to make sure his offensive coaches develop the young QB's because he had ryan fitzpatrick and geno smith ahead of them

I get it that HC's with no resume don't want to play rookie QB's, but to find out petty is learning from madden and they decided not to even work on hack's motion until his 2nd off season is simple incompetence

If I was woody I would have had him in my office the day that quote came out and wrung his damned neck

1 hour ago, Larz said:

public enemy is a bit harsh, but I think bowles coaches scared, lets players off too easy, and is too stubborn making roster changes

his greatest sin however remains he has apparently not enough vision to make sure his offensive coaches develop the young QB's because he had ryan fitzpatrick and geno smith ahead of them

I get it that HC's with no resume don't want to play rookie QB's, but to find out petty is learning from madden and they decided not to even work on hack's motion until his 2nd off season is simple incompetence

If I was woody I would have had him in my office the day that quote came out and wrung his damned neck

I agree.  However, do you really think Woody understands that it is as crazy a concept as we do?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

He's implying that race is an issue with us hating Bowles.

And I will say if Bowles is fired when Mangini was in the same situation will be suspicious. At least from where ownership is concerned

...because as a Jets fan I'm just getting tired of failure, failed moves, failed remedies, failed ideas, failed leaderships, failure, failure, failure.  I'm always hopeful for the new hire.  I'm always happy to read all about the positive spin.  I'm tired of nothing ever working out right for us.  In this case a defensive guru who's defense sux.  It would be funny if is wasn't sad.       

48 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He's implying that race is an issue with us hating Bowles.

And I will say if Bowles is fired when Mangini was in the same situation will be suspicious. At least from where ownership is concerned

We have a winner yes he most certainly is.........

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Its 10 wins. I know they didn't make the playoffs. But 10 wins is 10 wins. Especially when EXPEECTATIONS were lower.

After spending 50 mil in additional cap space, the expectations were high, in fact.  Remember the "Porsche" comments from Colon? 

Bowles is simply a failure as a head coach. And part of the disappointment is that unlike many failed HCs he seems to be a genuinely good guy. Of all the coaches we have had to see make a mess here, he stands out as the one you would want to your neighbor or in your circle of friends. Hey, Todd, show us your Super Bowl ring again. You got next round. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bowles is simply a failure as a head coach. And part of the disappointment is that unlike many failed HCs he seems to be a genuinely good guy. Of all the coaches we have had to see make a mess here, he stands out as the one you would want to your neighbor or in your circle of friends. Hey, Todd, show us your Super Bowl ring again. You got next round. 

Todd does seem like a good guy, but I wouldn't say most would choose him first in the circle of friends.  Perhaps second.  Could you imagine him coming to a BBQ and bringing the drinks?  He'd bring Zima (which he has cases and cases of stored in his basement) and say something like, "This give us the best chance to catch a buzz and be trendy."

Rex on the other hand would show up with every type of liquor and beer under the sun.  

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You can say that he and Mangini have been similar in nature. ONe great first year and a bad second year. 

I think jury still out on Bowles...im pissed he not playing Petty and I was pissed they didnt allow a QB competetion before Geno got punched and this past summer....so yes they have completely screwed up on QB situation..

I would not lose any sleep if they replaced him tomorrow but at same time I would not mind seeing him next year which is highly likely.

I think we can that Cincy for our losing season...they were the ones that noticed Jet were suspect on long pass and exposed the jets to the rest of the league...look back at all the games and you will see that every one of those QB went after that weakness even Flacco but he was shell shocked from getting knocked around for the 3 games pryer to jet game.  Even Miami tried but Tanny cant hit side of barn.  I don't think anyone predicted Revis to be the weakness of the team and there is not much they could do to adjust because they were weak on the opposite side too.  Nor did anyone predict weakness of DL and I think they tried everything under the sun to make that work...please dont bring up Balt game or robertson out of position because that is just BS.  Dont believe the hype...bottom line they give up on too many plays the both of them and was same last year.  Robertson is a cancer and needs to be cut out for next year.

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I have never seen so many letters make so little sense.

u see letters form words and words form sentences and sentences form paragraphs and from there the world can be your oyster

just remeber right to left...u'll get there...good luck

I can't stand Bowles because I don't think he's smart. Everyone said his lack of in-game adjustments was stubbornness; I didn't think he had tactical intelligence. When he's asked at a presser what the difference in one team's personnel or coordinating is and he says that the Jets see the same thing every week then I think he can't expound on it. I don't think he's following his convictions or doesn't care what anyone thinks when he makes decisions like starting Fitz - I think he's trying to save his ass with a few meaningless wins.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

The hate for Fitz is on par with or even worse than the hate for Bowles right now.  I wonder why that is.

For starters, Fitz called out the FO, the CS and the owner for benching his pathetic ass after throwing dozen ints and a 1-6 start. How could you support such a douchebag when he plays like a sh!tbag and demands money only my Nigerian uncle could pay?

Oh yeah, and he started his own rebellious clan in the locker room. I'm at a point where I love to hate him. Perhaps you're still stuck in 2015 pre-wk 17 game. 

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

For starters, Fitz called out the FO, the CS and the owner for benching his pathetic ass after throwing dozen ints and a 1-6 start. How could you support such a douchebag when he plays like a sh!tbag and demands money only my Nigerian uncle could pay?

Oh yeah, and he started his own rebellious clan in the locker room. I'm at a point where I love to hate him. Perhaps you're still stuck in 2015 pre-wk 17 game. 

It's like my point was a wide open Robby Anderson, and  you were Fitz throwing the ball down field for a big play...missed by a mile.

as a jet fan it pains me to watch what is happening w/ this team but as someone who backed rex, Sacnhez, tannenbaum it does give me a chuckle watching people tear apart their replacements.  the cycle will continue, we'll get a new HC in the next couple of years and everyone will love him and bash the old guys then a year or 2 later they will turn on them.  this has been happening forever w/ us and we tear apart those that actually helped us win to pump up those that people have hopes will help us win.

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's like my point was a wide open Robby Anderson, and  you were Fitz throwing the ball down field for a big play...missed by a mile.

It's just hard to believe you finally got off that Fitzmagic horse. 

Just now, j4jets said:

It's just hard to believe you finally got off that Fitzmagic horse. 

That happened over a month ago.  Unlike some folks, I'll admit when I player I supported didn't get it done.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL flip flopper alert.

If I'm a "flopper" for acknowledging Fitz's poor play, what do we call you for rooting against the Jets, only to "flop" when I called you out on it?

Get that Patriots gear ready...kickoff is only 24 hours away!

Archived