Adam Schefter ESPN says Josh McDaniels wants to be a head coach again

joewilly12

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson do the right thing sign this beast.  

If only sigh. I think we are stuck with Bowles for at least one more season, unless the team totally bombs. I am hopeful for that. Not starting Petty is the last straw for me as far as faith in Todd Bowles goes. Yeah, let's win that fourth game Todd. It is far better than seeing what you might have in the future. I would say that Petty must really suck or Bowles is in a power struggle with Maccagnan and is trying to make Mac and his draft picks look bad.

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

If only sigh. I think we are stuck with Bowles for at least one more season, unless the team totally bombs. I am hopeful for that. Not starting Petty is the last straw for me as far as faith in Todd Bowles goes. Yeah, let's win that fourth game Todd. It is far better than seeing what you might have in the future. I would say that Petty must really suck or Bowles is in a power struggle with Maccagnan and is trying to make Mac and his draft picks look bad.

Woody Johnson can fix this mess starting with firing Bowles and hiring Josh McDaniels 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson can fix this mess starting with firing Bowles and hiring Josh McDaniels 

He - Woody - needs to get himself out of the equation. Let Mac hire his next coach, surely he would be interested in McDaniels unless he wants complete power which I wouldn't give to anyone not named Belichick.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Petty didnt look good against the Rams. I really think it's just that Fitz is the best QB right now and they are not eliminated from the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

McDaniels is a ******* idiot and there's zero chance he'd take the Jets job. Every time I think this place can't get dumber, you guys top yourselves.

Disagree Bowles is the idiot he needs to go McDaniels would move this team forward in a positive direction. 

13 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

He - Woody - needs to get himself out of the equation. Let Mac hire his next coach, surely he would be interested in McDaniels unless he wants complete power which I wouldn't give to anyone not named Belichick.

That is how it is done.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Its time to bury Belechick the Jets need to do whatever it takes to get Josh McDaniels 

Tell me why? What disciple of the Belichick coaching tree has gone on to have success? Bill switches quarterbacks, coaches, whatever. He's the reason they win. I don't think I'd want anything to do with him. It's pretty easy to look good when you have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick around you.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Tell me why? What disciple of the Belichick coaching tree has gone on to have success? Bill switches quarterbacks, coaches, whatever. He's the reason they win. I don't think I'd want anything to do with him. It's pretty easy to look good when you have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick around you.

Hes the best head coach candidate thats available. We need to move on from Todd Bowles.

14 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Petty didnt look good against the Rams. I really think it's just that Fitz is the best QB right now and they are not eliminated from the playoffs. 

Yeah, the guy making essentially his first start didn't set the world on fire, shocker.... The Jets were eliminated weeks ago. That Bowles can't figure this out is ridiculous. If he's truly worried about the vets quitting he's a sh*t coach and those vets need to go.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hes the best head coach candidate thats available. We need to move on from Todd Bowles.

You're like a kid at Christmas who wants everything they see in the commercials even though it's mostly junk and not worth it. Bowles is coming back and even if he wasn't, McDaniels isn't coming here with Brady. He's made his money with Tom. He left Tom and was a disaster. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

You're like a kid at Christmas who wants everything they see in the commercials even though it's mostly junk and not worth it. Bowles is coming back and even if he wasn't, McDaniels isn't coming here with Brady. He's made his money with Tom. He left Tom and was a disaster. 

Just want to improve the team Carl thats all. We arent going anywhere with Todd Bowles hopefully Woody Johnson also realizes this..

8 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, the guy making essentially his first start didn't set the world on fire, shocker.... The Jets were eliminated weeks ago. That Bowles can't figure this out is ridiculous. If he's truly worried about the vets quitting he's a sh*t coach and those vets need to go.

It's not worth arguing about. There is plenty to kill Bowles over, this is not one of those things. Petty hardly looked better than Hack in camp and looked bad against the Rams. Once the Jets are mathematically eliminated you can start whoever you want. Bowles has given significant time to other young players that belonged in there. He also kept some of them in too long like J Marshall which drives you nuts as a fan. Bowles needs time for us to see if he is a good coach or not. The Jets were never a highly talented team that a coach was going to turn around in two years. They were just this side of the Browns.

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I would take Mangini back in a heartbeat. He had some great drafts and signings.

We had 9 different starters in Rex's first year.  Mangini sucked in Cleveland after stinking up the joint here and he stunk up the joint in SF as the tight end coach and DC.   

How anyone still thinks Mangini is anything but an inept clown is beyond me

Just now, drdetroit said:

We had 9 different starters in Rex's first year.  Mangini sucked in Cleveland after stinking up the joint here and he stunk up the joint in SF as the tight end coach and DC.   

How anyone still thinks Mangini is anything but an inept clown is beyond me

I know right? Who could **** up Cleveland and SF? 

Btw, 9 different starters? What are you even talking about?

Archived