Is it finally ok to bench the scrub Fitpatrick?

drdetroit

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A real head coach would not listen to his players a real head coach would have benched them all and played rookies. 

Todd Bowles is not a real head coach and never will be. 

Black Monday he's gone. Cant wait.

You are typical of the Jets fan who is conditioned to change the head coach and the quarterback and BOOM we make the playoffs in an unexpected turnaround season.  Groh sucks?  Bring on Edwards, 10 wins.  Edwards sucks?  Bring on Mangini, 10 wins.  Mangini sucks?  Bring on Ryan, wildcard.  Ryan sucks?  Bring on Bowles, 10 wins. 

Groh, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, Pennington, Favre, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick, you think it's going to work again this time.  It's not. 

We suck in all facets of the game.  This is what a rebuild entails.  It's not pretty.  The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 22 years.  The Raiders haven't made the playoffs in 14 years.  Dolphins, Bills, Browns, Jaguars, these are teams that rebuild, it takes decades, even with a franchise quarterback (ask Philip Rivers).  You are in Year 2.  If you don't have the patience for what lies ahead, if you're not in it for the long haul, I suggest you step up your interest in the NHL and NBA.  The NFL isn't for you.

SAR I

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He gives us the best chance to win ..........................the better draft pick. 

Doesn't matter where we draft. We'll probably end up with another corner or DL. I am so down on this team. We'll also give this POS HC another year and another wasted season.

6 minutes ago, phill1c said:

You really entertain opinions that suggest the 33rd ranked starting QB is a good player?

...and the only reason such a bad quarterback is starting is because the guy who should have been our quarterback was actually worse.

Where are the threads about that?  Where are you apologizing for Geno Smith?  You promised he would be a franchise quarterback.  He isn't.  That's why we have Ryan Fitzpatrick stinking up the joint most Sunday's.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

2 minutes left 2 timeouts left team trailing by 5 this is what big time QB's live for . Big time Qb's put their teams on their back in this situation , Fitz did what he's done for the majority of his career in this type of scenario and that's fail miserably..

Oh, you mean like last year where he led us back from oblivion to defeat the Giants?  And then the very next week when he did the same thing against the Patriots?  Or like he did yesterday a mere 5 minutes earlier with a strike to the endzone and the go-ahead score?

The difference between last year and this year is that the defense went from Top 5 to Bottom 5.  You can hem and haw all day about the journeyman quarterback if it makes you feel better, but the real problem is not the quarterback position.  It's DL.  It's LB.  It's Safety.  It's Cornerback.  But, nah, let's keep bitching about the 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years like he's the big disappointment.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

2 minutes left 2 timeouts left team trailing by 5 this is what big time QB's live for . Big time Qb's put their teams on their back in this situation , Fitz did what he's done for the majority of his career in this type of scenario and that's fail miserably.

Now was this loss all on Fitz , absolutely not , I think he played one of his better games as a Jet but still he had a chance to play the hero and couldn't.

He played one of his better games and it resulted in all of 17 points and a loss, in part due to a game-clinching fumble.

To me, this game is primarily on the HC:

• No bye-week wrinkles
  • Reliance on the same personnel who have never led a team to the playoffs.
  • FG try that had very little chance of success when the gutsy call is to go for it.

Fitzpatrick was Fitzpatrick: a loser.

Brady was Brady: a winner.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Oh, you mean like last year where he led us back from oblivion to defeat the Giants?  And then the very next week when he did the same thing against the Patriots?  Or like he did yesterday a mere 5 minutes earlier with a strike to the endzone and the go-ahead score?

The difference between last year and this year is that the defense went from Top 5 to Bottom 5.  You can hem and haw all day about the journeyman quarterback if it makes you feel better, but the real problem is not the quarterback position.  It's DL.  It's LB.  It's Safety.  It's Cornerback.  But, nah, let's keep bitching about the 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years like he's the big disappointment.

SAR I

Read the post again - 2 minutes left , 2 To's on the board chance to win the game. What did Fitz do in those situations , win once against NE last year in an entire 12 year career. 

And sure the defense is an issue , but if you keep a team like the Pats to 22 points in today's NFL you should win more times than not .  The Coach and the QB are misfits in today's NFL , until the philosophy of the team ( trying to score more 20 pts per game) changes we would need the 86 Bears defense to be successful. 

And Fitz is not a big disappointment , he's simply , is just not good 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Read the post again - 2 minutes left , 2 To's on the board chance to win the game. What did Fitz do in those situations , win once again NE last year in an entire 12 year career.

The Jets 4th quarter 2 minute offense has ZERO points this season. And precious few in the 3rd quarter.

This is not a modern-day offense with Fitzpatrick under center.

25 minutes ago, phill1c said:

The Jets 4th quarter 2 minute offense has ZERO points this season. And precious few in the 3rd quarter.

This is not a modern-day offense with Fitzpatrick under center.

Agree it is Bowles and Gailey pacification these 2 illiterate moron fools along with Rodgers need to be fired Black Monday CANT WAIT.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree it is Bowles and Gailey pacification these 2 illiterate moron fools along with Rodgers need to be fired Black Monday CANT WAIT.

I don't have too much of an issue with Gailey. Many of the plays he draws up would work, if the passes weren't underthrown; if the QB didn't lock onto the first read; if they were executed properly. It's the execution, not the offensive play calling, IMO.

Just now, phill1c said:

I don't have too much of an issue with Gailey. Many of the plays he draws up would work, if the passes weren't underthrown; if the QB didn't lock onto the first read; if they were executed properly. It's the execution, not the offensive play calling, IMO.

Gailey sucks 3rd and long he calls draw plays and shuffle passes the Jets have no downfield game in the passing game why not bring Petty in and rotate QB's we the jets offense is the most boring in the NFL. 

Did you see Jeremy Kerley yesterday I saw 1 good catch in crunch time and here Bowles benched him or Gailey benched him more to that story as well. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Gailey sucks 3rd and long he calls draw plays and shuffle passes the Jets have no downfield game in the passing game why not bring Petty in and rotate QB's we the jets offense is the most boring in the NFL. 

Did you see Jeremy Kerley yesterday I saw 1 good catch in crunch time and here Bowles benched him or Gailey benched him more to that story as well. 

Here's the thing, you really don't know what the original call was. Maybe Fitz checked down to those plays.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

fp_zpsjsygx0w6.jpg

In his last 6 games Ryan Fitzpatrick has thrown 6 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

That's quite respectable.  Enough said of you and your misuse of statistics.

SAR I

Quite respectable ratio-wise, but not going to win you many games.

Fitz is not the victim here.  Your point is well taken, he's not the biggest problem on the roster.  But, he is a problem, and I'm not sure what he does offer is enough to merit not getting some experience for Petty.  Though, I'm guessing that both Petty and Hackenberg are awful and that's why we haven't/wont see them.  I guess I'm curious why Petty wasn't cut to begin with?  Is Hack so bad he couldn't be #3 at the onset of the season?  And if so, what does that say about his ability to develop.  I digress, we suck at the QB position, which is an important position in today's NFL... Ergo, we suck.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Nobody disputes that Kerley is good for ONE catch. But I wanted him cut. He's maybe a fifth receiver, talent wise. And the Jets had a number of similarly talented receivers. So, I think the Jets have plenty of better options.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Nobody disputes that Kerley is good for ONE catch. But I wanted him cut. He's maybe a fifth receiver, talent wise. And the Jets had a number of similarly talented receivers. So, I think the Jets have plenty of better options.

Kerley protects the football after the catch Kerley runs precise smooth routes Kerely blocks downfield that Robbie Anderson LOL 

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, because tonight's strip sack was Fitzpatrick's fault.

How many sacks did Mo Wilkerson have tonight?  Wait....wait.....how many tackles?  What about the 2 touchdown passes dropped by alligator arms Marshall and the Buffalo castoff? 

Ryan Fitzpatrick played well enough to win tonight.  He overcame a deficit and gave the defense a lead with 4 minutes left.  And they choked, again.  Cincinnati, Miami, New England.  Leads provided by Fitz in the fourth quarter, under 4 minutes left, and the DEFENSE blows them all.  We're 6-5 right now, a mere 1 game out of a wildcard berth with an easy schedule ahead.  But blame Ryan Fizpatrick.  Yeah.  Blame the journeyman quarterback.

SAR I

The reason he was strip sacked was because of his lousy pocket awareness. It matches his lousy arm.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Kerley protects the football after the catch Kerley runs precise smooth routes Kerely blocks downfield that Robbie Anderson LOL 

I'm really bored discussing EX-Jets of limited talent. There are plenty of current Jets of that stature to discuss.

100 X better?

sorry, not buying it. I've seen Mr. Zero YAC play for many years. He's a SOJer.

And no amount of stupid graphic art is going to change that. Why are you being so juvenile about this? I count on you to be an adult around here and you pull this kind of stunt?!!

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And that's exactly what Fitzpatrick did yesterday.

He scored what should have been the game winning touchdown midway through the 4th quarter and then our supposed-to-be Top 3 defense let the Patriots march up and down the field and score 10 points.  No big play.  No sack.  No turnovers.  Just pulled their typical disappearing act.

SAR I

Dude, give it a rest. You dug your heels in on this "journeyman" garbage, but to insist that we shouldn't expect a lead change midway through the 4th quarter (against the winningest QB in NFL history) is asinine at best. There's a reason why he's won more games than anyone else. What we should be able to expect from the $12 million dollar hayseed is some sustained drives against a not so great defense, more points on the board, and better situational awareness when trying to execute a 2 minute drill. 

And since we are a "supposed-to-be Top 3 defense" but in reality are not, it's not unreasonable to expect the QB to have a game winning drive to make up for the defense's deficiencies. But go ahead and keep it up with your one-trick pony act.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you think Fitz should have taken the contract that would have made him a Jet for three years instead? With more than 12 million guaranteed?

Also, he didn't hold out. He wasn't under contract and, therefore, couldn't have held out.

That's not even my point. 

- Vs cincy, offense drives to score go ahead fg in the 4th, Defense lets the bengals drive and win the game with 58 seconds left.

- Vs buffalo Offense scores 10 points in the 4th quarter, Defense lets them drive down to score in 2:45 giving them a shot at an in side kick.

- Vs Seattle Down by 4 going into the 4th quarter defense allows 10 points to put the game out of reach,

- Vs Pittsburgh Down by 1 point at half, D allows 14 points in the 4ht Q to put the game out of reach,.

- Vs Baltimore by by 2 at the half, offense scores 10 points in the 4th quarter to win.

- Vs Cleveland, Browns up by 20-7 at half offense scores 24 points in the 2nd half.

- Vs Miami, Offense scores 10 points in the 4th quarter to take the lead, specials immediately allows a ko return for a td.

- Vs Rams, Score 6 points with Petty

- Vs Pats, Offense scores go ahead td in the 4th quarter, defense allows 10 straight points for the loss.

Jets defense is tied for 2nd last in the league with generating a whopping 8 turnovers, only 1 ahead of Jacksonville.

Jets tied for 29th in sacks this after having a whopping 6 in the first game.

SAR is correct on this one, the Qb is who most of us knew he was, a limited stop gap guy that will win you some games but needs plenty of help and if behind he'll cough up picks.

By far the bigger villains of this year is the defense as a whole, they have lost us as many games if not more than the Qbing.  Awful lazy vets, rookies making mistakes, a willy nilly scheme that puts players in the best position to fail.

Archived