Movie Madness 2 - Confusing Counterparts

Pac

2 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

He and Kivam are talked about in reverent tones.  nods

I didn't say IS double vote but it makes me think of that.

That's because on DM, long-winded jagoffs are impressive to the nerdlings, insecure girls, gleep glops and floop dee doos.

Also im gonna game the mod here. We are only allowed to claim the name of our roles. I cant see a mod giving really scummy sounding probably going to be assumed scum role  names to the mafia. Would run the risk of outing them as soon as they claimed.

Even if the scum roles are typical: Goon, Godfather, etc.

Mods at JN would give the scum team "safe" claims, so that they have roles to claim that don't "out" them.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This makes no sense.  You've got 2 bird in hands but your voting BG?  Why are you convincing us to lynch the bird in hands? 

You're edging up on my scum list.

Here's the score, dicknose: we got ourselves a mother****in' game that's based on a previous game with multiple teams. That means there won't be just 4 scum, so pretending like we're playing a standard game just makes you look guilty.

I've been very clear about Smash and Ape - they're both playing shady games and both have been caught in lies or spinning.

But because we're looking at teams, it makes perfect sense to see who supports them, who goes after them, and who lays low. That way we get a better scope on what's going down. Capice?

1 hour ago, JiF said:

You have 2 bird in hands in Ape and Smash.  Yet, you're voting BG but if you had a shot, you'd shoot AVM?

WTF????

This post has more scum on it than your mama's ass. 

JC asked a very specific question and I gave a specific answer. You spinning it is some dirty mother****in' sh*t. 

There is also a really interesting implication in the question JC asked when compared to what Smash did yesterday, but none of you mother****in' Sherlocks even mentioned it - we're just getting post after post of the Ape/Smash sh*t-tacular.

****ers.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

I've been very clear about Smash and Ape - they're both playing shady games and both have been caught in lies or spinning.

No, no, no.... you don't. 

I've caught Smash lying. 

You and Smash say I'm spinning/lying and refuse to prove it. 

There's a HUGE difference between proving a lie, and just saying it over and over until the lemmings accept it, Mr. Trump.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Here's the score, dicknose: we got ourselves a mother****in' game that's based on a previous game with multiple teams. That means there won't be just 4 scum, so pretending like we're playing a standard game just makes you look guilty.

so youre assuming it will be an exact rerun? I played a rerun game not too long ago where people did the same thing. Started getting mass claims and comparing roles to the previous game and all.

what happened?  mod had left one of the main roles out which I fake claimed and won with. it was pure luck that it wasn't in there but I learned not to assume a rerun game will eb EXACTLY the same

5 minutes ago, D P R said:

But because we're looking at teams, it makes perfect sense to see who supports them, who goes after them, and who lays low. That way we get a better scope on what's going down. Capice?

So, you think there's a town, 2 scum teams, and an SK? 

How many people in this game to start?

6 minutes ago, D P R said:

There is also a really interesting implication in the question JC asked when compared to what Smash did yesterday, but none of you mother****in' Sherlocks even mentioned it - we're just getting post after post of the Ape/Smash sh*t-tacular.

You said you think Smash is scum, but this implies you believe he took a vig shot.... and that there's a mechanic in place where different folks can earn the vig shot?

All of these ideas conflict with each other.

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

80's post of goobly goop was damning but as the deadline was looming, it almost felt too easy.  Well, in the end it was which is groovy.  But I was just sticking with my best read because it was pretty clear 80 was going to be lynched.  And I dont actually think I was around at the exact time of the deadline.  Cant remember but I felt better about my vote on Hess than I did joining the 80 train.  

Ok. Fair enough.

so youre assuming it will be an exact rerun? I played a rerun game not too long ago where people did the same thing. Started getting mass claims and comparing roles to the previous game and all.

what happened?  mod had left one of the main roles out which I fake claimed and won with. it was pure luck that it wasn't in there but I learned not to assume a rerun game will eb EXACTLY the same

Pac thinks he's the best mod on JN. He's not going to run back the exact same setup. DPR accused me of tinfoil hatting something earlier, but right not he's pushing theories into the thread that could mislead us for multiple phases, rather than scum hunting.

He has not done ANY scum hunting. Accusing folks of being scum is not scum hunting. There's a not-so-subtle difference. 

He's also got a clear post restriction. I know Pac likes to reward people with PR's with items from past games. That's why I pondered if Smash and DPR are scum mates, then Smash gets cornered comes up with fake claim, says he's going to shoot me. But in reality it's DPR that shot at me, on Smash's behalf, to help make the claim look legit.

One of them needs to die. For some reason, people don't seem to care that Smash has actually been caught in multiple lies. I guess that old "lynch all liars" idiom is retired. 

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

That probably fits balance wise. Also didn't Movie Madness two scum teams?

The inability the get anything going here is making me lean that way, but it's very dangerous to assume anything. I think Smash and DPR are clearly scum. Let's lynch them, and see what's what after they are dead. Pretty simple concept.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The inability the get anything going here is making me lean that way, but it's very dangerous to assume anything. I think Smash and DPR are clearly scum. Let's lynch them, and see what's what after they are dead. Pretty simple concept.

Those are my two town reads bro. 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pac thinks he's the best mod on JN. He's not going to run back the exact same setup. DPR accused me of tinfoil hatting something earlier, but right not he's pushing theories into the thread that could mislead us for multiple phases, rather than scum hunting.

He has not done ANY scum hunting. Accusing folks of being scum is not scum hunting. There's a not-so-subtle difference. 

He's also got a clear post restriction. I know Pac likes to reward people with PR's with items from past games. That's why I pondered if Smash and DPR are scum mates, then Smash gets cornered comes up with fake claim, says he's going to shoot me. But in reality it's DPR that shot at me, on Smash's behalf, to help make the claim look legit.

One of them needs to die. For some reason, people don't seem to care that Smash has actually been caught in multiple lies. I guess that old "lynch all liars" idiom is retired. 

for me im thinking smash town because of how his threat and then the action played out. I don't see scum being quite that brazen   except maybe tommy in my experience.

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

About this point on AVM. If he had teammates, wouldn't they fill him in on what he missed? Meaning, would scum ever make a case that ignores an event like Ape being shot? I doubt it. I'm town. I know this scum QT is full of my name. Personally, I think the damning thing was the weak as sh*t case AVM made against me for leaving people off my list of inactives that I was insulting. Not game related, nor a viable basis for a vote beyond page 3 of joke votes.

I like the vote on DPR, but "nobody is more damning"? Come one. I just illustrated several lies by Smash. 

I'd say they are 1A and 1B, and both should be dead. The only think Smash has working to his advantage is that every single one of us has run a scenario through our heads where we could envision him being this ******* dumb as town. He's like and old, angry version of Lizzie when it comes to anti-logic.

Good point and you're right, the first thing that pinged was he was casing you for you inactive list and then it was down hill from there. 

And your last point I guess is why I'm saying nothing is more damning but now that you mention it, his entire rationale followed by his actions are pretty damning.  And since it actually impacted the game or at least there was an attempt to, that might just be more damning but then your point keeps running through my head. Blockhead Smash is real. It's like living breathing thing.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Ape (1) - Smash

BG (2) - DPR, JC

Smash (1) - Ape

DPR (2) - JiF, Dice

With 10 characters alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Unvote

How about this... I've done enough work. You lazy ******* morons aren't doing sh*t. Apparently bad logic, narratives, lying, and non-participation is all acceptable "good" mafia play here now. So **** you. I'm the best there is, the best there ever will be. I'm going to sit here, and watch you all as you mouth breathe and testosterone abandons your bodies like fleas leaping off CTM at the groomer.

When I decide the time is right. I'm going to blow 2 of you up... with overly sentimental poetry.

So after finally reading through all of this sh*t, I'm still convinced Smash/Ape is some inner-town slapfest going on, and I have no interest in voting either of them to be honest.  If you forget how pissed off they've gotten at each other, the actual events that have occurred does little to suggest either of them are particularly good candidates at this point in time.  Essentially sitting on a mod confirmation of a day action being attempted and stopped involving these two gives us more information on them than anyone else.  Short of these two being scummates who came up with this elaborate plot and then got Pac to agree for the day action to be an intentional blind shot into the air as some sort of big setup, this sh*t doesn't give us a whole reason to have either of them as our top suspects.  While it would be great to get them both to just move the hell on, the lack of participation by many of us (myself most obviously included) sure as hell is not helping.

As far as role names go, it seems mostly useless to try to chase that too much.  Other than Lizzie, none of the names have really told us a damn thing at this point.  Given that, any named reveals alone given me little reason to suspect or trust anyone.

The AVM run-up had seemed rather sudden when I was catching up, but also died off very quickly with one of those meaning-little reveals and it has seemed to fall off into the back-burner since then, with less else from him as well.  I'm wondering what everyone's main reason for going that direction was (I know, I suck... sorry).

I agree that DPR has been acting spastic, but at first it mostly seemed like a combination of a PR and well... him being him.  But some of the recent points have certainly been interesting and brings up some questions.  I need to look into this stuff further.

I was in the middle of trying to do one of my old TL;DRs, but the new guy starting today just showed up, so this kind of came to a screeching halt and according to the fun little "sh*t load of new replies" thing at the bottom, I'm clearly behind again.  I'll probably be catching up tonight after I get the hell out of here.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, no, no.... you don't. 

I've caught Smash lying. 

You and Smash say I'm spinning/lying and refuse to prove it. 

There's a HUGE difference between proving a lie, and just saying it over and over until the lemmings accept it, Mr. Trump.

11 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you think there's a town, 2 scum teams, and an SK? 

How many people in this game to start?

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You said you think Smash is scum, but this implies you believe he took a vig shot.... and that there's a mechanic in place where different folks can earn the vig shot?

All of these ideas conflict with each other.

As you well know, we at least have to consider that it was him. We can't know for sure, but he said he was going to do it and then it was done, so it's a possibility. 

You're the one spinning the "you have to earn a big shot" theory. There are a lot of ways that could be setup.

As for conflict, it's a Pac game - dunno what to tell you other than I'm presenting facts that have already happened and you are adding fairy-tales to them. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Pac is insanely jealous of my modding - this has been well documented, and who can blame him? I let it slide and as long as he's having fun, I'm happy. 

I didn't accuse you of tinfoiling - I pointed out where you were doing it. You living in a state of denial is a you problem. 

I haven't pushed any theories. I've pointed out that the last Movie Madness game had multiple factions. I posted the kill list as proof. I think it's wise to consider that we're looking at a similar setup.

Sharing reads and opinions abut who is scum is scum hunting. Just because you can't do it very well doesn't mean you need to neg others. 

Why the **** does everybody think I have a post restriction? I never said that...

But it's interesting that once again (and I pointed it out before) that directly after you accuse me of pushing theories, you go off pushing theories, subtly shaping them to fit his narrative. This is red-light-flashing scum Ape territory.

And for the record, I ain't shot sh*t - I never had a shot, never been offered a shot and you spinning this kind of crap is exactly why I'm calling you out as scum. 

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good point and you're right, the first thing that pinged was he was casing you for you inactive list and then it was down hill from there. 

And your last point I guess is why I'm saying nothing is more damning but now that you mention it, his entire rationale followed by his actions are pretty damning.  And since it actually impacted the game or at least there was an attempt to, that might just be more damning but then your point keeps running through my head. Blockhead Smash is real. It's like living breathing thing.

So you're on Ape's team then. Good to know.

33 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

He and Kivam are talked about in reverent tones.  nods

I didn't say IS double vote but it makes me think of that.

Also im gonna game the mod here. We are only allowed to claim the name of our roles. I cant see a mod giving really scummy sounding probably going to be assumed scum role  names to the mafia. Would run the risk of outing them as soon as they claimed.

Solid point.  I've been trying to avoid chasing the meaning of roles but that's a damn good point. 

32 minutes ago, D P R said:

This post has more scum on it than your mama's ass. 

JC asked a very specific question and I gave a specific answer. You spinning it is some dirty mother****in' sh*t. 

****ers.

OMGUS and Momma jokes?  Damn dude.  Feeling really good about my vote. 

You're literally right now, telling us you have 2 scum but you're doing the dosey doe with inactives?  GTFO - you're awful at this game.