Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

On 11/29/2016 at 11:29 AM, 56mehl56 said:

We will see, but I disagree. Its a Saturday night game so no work on Sunday , the Dolphins are in the midst of a playoff push , Jet fans are dumping their tickets at record paces. Metlife will be infested with fins fans.

Really, Sullivan Stadium was packed for years before.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:44 AM, OH THE PAIN said:

I'd rather have an empty seat next to me than some hayseed from Pittsburg or some scum from Foxboro .

Wow!

I am not from Foxboro, but I do agree with your self characterization as a scumbag.

Seems people are often describing themselves when complain.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2016 at 0:16 AM, Cornfed said:

I can't make Jets Colts due to work obligation. Just gave away my 2 seats and the parking pass to a good friend of my wife and her husband.  He's a Cowboys fan, and she doesn't care but they have no kids and like going to live games every now and then.

I hope this doesn't make me a sell out, non fan, or whatever. I think it makes me human and perhaps lazy.  Wife's friend and her husband happy makes my wife happy makes me happy. Plus I didn't even have to take the time to list on stubhub (which, granted, takes just a couple minutes. But still).

You don't have to justify what you do with your tickets or to whom you give or sell them.  Don't let a bunch of dimwits from this site get to you in any way.  Those who claim that you're not a true fan if you sell your tickets are just trying to rattle your cage.  If they were such good fans, they'd be attending the games and buying your tickets when you can't attend.  Ever notice that it's the same group of idiots who constantly make this claim.  Especially the ones who have been banned here and change the screen name to regain access.  It's so obvious when they do so too.

1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I've had season tickets since Shea my friend ; you and your PSL friends have ruined the atmosphere at the games . 

"PSL friends" are defined as "people who could afford an extra $7 per ticket".

I don't know, does that make us super rich?  Or did it merely provide you and other pretend loyalists an excuse to quit on the team once the playoff runs stopped and the going got tough?

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

The Jets have been sold out for 100 years. That really isn't the issue.

Also NY is kind of like a tourist attraction. So there are a lot of fans from all over the country that want to catch a game during their vacation.

4 hours ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Wow!

I am not from Foxboro, but I do agree with your self characterization as a scumbag.

Seems people are often describing themselves when complain.

Certainly not the way I remember it . There were tons of open "bench" available as there were no real seats there.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

"PSL friends" are defined as "people who could afford an extra $7 per ticket".

I don't know, does that make us super rich?  Or did it merely provide you and other pretend loyalists an excuse to quit on the team once the playoff runs stopped and the going got tough?

SAR I

Who was your math teacher in grammar school ? She really screwed you up !!

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

pastsfans_zpss7ijuzcd.jpg

That is amazing.  I can finally see who bought my seats up there in the first row.

They wear blue but their money is green, same thing.

SAR I

I hope the reliable diehard fans who sit next to week after week give you the business and harass you the next time you go to a game over this. :D

2 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Who was your math teacher in grammar school ? She really screwed you up !!

The cheapest PSL was $2,000.

$2,000 ÷ 10 ÷ 30 = $6.67

If one purchased a $2,000 PSL back in 2010 and there are 10 games a year and the length of the license is 30 years, that's $6.67 a game.  Chump change.  My daughter spends that on snacks every day at school. 

Want more math?  A pack a day smoker spends $16 a day or $5,840 a year or $175,200 over 30 years.  They could buy 70 PSL's on the lower level for that kind of money.  Call them out.

PSL's were only painful for those who didn't have the down payment or couldn't get financing.  And if an individual faced either of those cases they had no business signing up for $1,500 a year in season ticket expenses, forget the PSL vig.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The cheapest PSL was $2,000.

$2,000 ÷ 10 ÷ 30 = $6.67

If one purchased a $2,000 PSL back in 2010 and there are 10 games a year and the length of the license is 30 years, that's $6.67 a game.  Chump change.  My daughter spends that on snacks every day at school. 

Want more math?  A pack a day smoker spends $16 a day or $5,840 a year or $175,200 over 30 years.  They could buy 70 PSL's on the lower level for that kind of money.  Call them out.

PSL's were only painful for those who didn't have the down payment or couldn't get financing.  And if an individual faced either of those cases they had no business signing up for $1,500 a year in season ticket expenses, forget the PSL vig.

SAR I

Like you'll be alive for 30 more years .

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I hope the reliable diehard fans who sit next to week after week give you the business and harass you the next time you go to a game over this.

Only 1 of the guys in the first 3 rows is even a season ticket holder, the rest of us sold our seats.

So no harassment.  As I said, we all do what's necessary based on the ebbs and flows of the season.  Last year, we attended almost every game.  This year, we won't.  PSL's buy us many things, one of them being controlWe decide when interlopers are allowed in, we decide when those seats are taken.  You sit at home and create drama.  You shouldn't.  Have another pretzel.

SAR I

1 minute ago, OH THE PAIN said:

Like you'll be alive for 30 more years .

I'd better make it to 76.  But if I don't, same math applies, my boys will keep the tradition going.

Or they can wait for the Jets to be good again, sell my Row 1 PSL's, and make every penny back and a decent profit to boot.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Only 1 of the guys in the first 3 rows is even a season ticket holder, the rest of us sold our seats.

So no harassment.  As I said, we all do what's necessary based on the ebbs and flows of the season.  Last year, we attended almost every game.  This year, we won't.  PSL's buy us many things, one of them being controlWe decide when interlopers are allowed in, we decide when those seats are taken.  You sit at home and create drama.  You shouldn't.  Have another pretzel.

SAR I

How much are the pretzels these days at the stadium?  I always like the ones in the parking lot where the vendor threw some charcoal in a shopping cart and invented the grill on wheels they smelled so good after cold night games. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How much are the pretzels these days at the stadium?  I always like the ones in the parking lot where the vendor threw some charcoal in a shopping cart and invented the grill on wheels they smelled so good after cold night games. 

I remember those days.

Yeah, they aren't allowed anymore.  Not very sanitary.  Might cause digestion issues and upset attendees.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was just thinking about those while leaving the Pats game the other day.  Man, many times in my 20s after way too many beers those things hit the freaking spot walking back to tailgate some more.

Someone needs to bring this back.  Instead of looking redneck, it will be hipster-cool to cook in a shopping cart.  Just make sure the charcoal is all natural lump hardwood charcoal.  Also, the pretzels should be gluten free, organic, non-GMO, vegan, pesticide free, with pink Himalayan salt, etc.  And instead of $4, charge $16.  Enclose a couple carts like this within a food truck, and you're in business.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They still sell the pretzels in the parking lot by the Izod center (Lot 26) . Charcoaled heaven .

Archived