Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's nothing to disagree with. This stuff is recorded. The stadium was most certainly not constantly packed during losing seasons. Sorry, you're wrong. 

Which isn't the same as selling your tickets to Pats fans.  A division rival, decent weather.  Sorry. 

Dear Woody-

Your business is to sell seats to Jets fans.  When you fill seats but they are not to Jets fan, your business is in long-term decline.  In a perfect world, a Jets fan would not give up their ticket.

We know it happens at every stadium, but today, it was basically half home, half away.  For your player that played hard today, that is not a good message for them.  

Even all the Jets fans in Miami did not look like this.  This is a sign of a declining organization.

I've been to all 7 home games so far this year, including the 2 preseason ones. This season is bumming me out like few others in the past. I can't make the MNF game and am giving my seats and pass to a friend. For now, though, I still plan on Jets/Fins and the Bills game on New Year's Day. May change my mind but that is the plan. I always miss these seasons when they are gone, and there are only a few weeks left.

One change I am considering implementing - I haven't tailgated and have barely drank at these games this year. May shift my focus for those last couple games, do a little tailgating then enjoy some $12 beers!

4 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I've been to all 7 home games so far this year, including the 2 preseason ones. This season is bumming me out like few others in the past. I can't make the MNF game and am giving my seats and pass to a friend. For now, though, I still plan on Jets/Fins and the Bills game on New Year's Day. May change my mind but that is the plan. I always miss these seasons when they are gone, and there are only a few weeks left.

One change I am considering implementing - I haven't tailgated and have barely drank at these games this year. May shift my focus for those last couple games, do a little tailgating then enjoy some $12 beers!

Sounds like a good plan, but if i could make the time to go to games, I would tailgate cheap, not spend 12 on a beer and gradually sober up while watching the game.

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which isn't the same as selling your tickets to Pats fans.  A division rival, decent weather.  Sorry. 

That's not how the reseller market works. Sellers don't get to pick and choose who buyers are. You're framing this as ticket holders actively sought out Patriots fans and that's simply not the case.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That's not how the reseller market works. Sellers don't get to pick and choose who buyers are. You're framing this as ticket holders actively sought out Patriots fans and that's simply not the case.

Funny, never used to happen before.  People didn't sell, as I said the same fans were always sitting where they belonged most games.  No way is it the same as in the past, pre PSL days. 

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

People didn't list and sell their tickets on StubHub in 1995? I wonder why.

That's the only way to sell tickets?  Really,  blaming it on the Internet?  Because there weren't ticket brokers back in 1995?  It's StubHub or nothing? You might want to rethink that one

Shirley you can't be serious

No yore rift, there weren't ticket brokers in the 70's, 80's or 90's.  Only with the Internet.  Before that people didn't sell tickets.  Didn't find ways to get them and scalp tickets.  You're right,  WTF do I know.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No yore rift, there weren't ticket brokers in the 70's, 80's or 90's.  Only with the Internet.  Before that people didn't sell tickets.  Didn't find ways to get them and scalp tickets.  You're right,  WTF do I know.  

I don't know what to tell you. If you legit think the broker system of the Hulkamania years is remotely comparable or in the same universe of the current system of digital listing and selling in 2016, you're either that old or that bitter, or both, and in any case you're certainly not going to listen to anything anyone has to say.

I don't know what to tell you. If you legit think the broker system of the Hulkamania years is remotely comparable or in the same universe of the current system of digital listing and selling in 2016, you're either that old or that bitter, or both, and in any case you're certainly not going to listen to anything anyone has to say.

I said it was the same or that a system existed?  Please read carefully before turning sarcastic.  

Im old or bitter? Because why?  Trying to tell me there wasn't a secondary market, regardless or whether it was more difficult or not?  Why would anyone be bitter?  

Back to the point, the PSL fan sells out a lot quicker and more often than fans did before.  Argue why all you want,

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

I said it was the same or that a system existed?  Please read carefully before turning sarcastic.  

Im old or bitter? Because why?  Trying to tell me there wasn't a secondary market, regardless or whether it was more difficult or not?  Why would anyone be bitter?  

Back to the point, the PSL fan sells out a lot quicker and more often than fans did before.  Argue why all you want,

Alright let's see who can get the last word in now.

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

It is a big deal it shows that all the dedicated diehard fans who invested  in this team buying PSL's who are supposed to be in their seats every week win or lose regardless of the weather..... SOLD OUT to Patriots fans yet we continue to hear us non-season ticket holders or former season ticket holders how dedicated they are.....and we quit i MAY HAVE QUIT BUT I NEVER SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Spare me. You don't have tickets. You used to have tickets. I have missed 3 games since 1988. You know what you will never see me doing? Calling out other Jets fans.

Try it some time.

It's astonishing how fans are blamed for everything on this board: can't develop a franchise QB, it's the fans' fault; don't retain FOs or HCs, it's the fans' fault; can't properly rebuild, it's the fans' fault; higher away fan attendance due to poor home team product on the field, it's the fans' fault.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

With all those Patriots fans in the crowd no PSL owner better not dare tell me how dedicated they are and how they replaced fans who didnt deserve their season tickets in all my 23 years of being a former season ticket holder I have never seen that many opposing teams fans at a Jets home game, 

Well , what does SAR 1 have to say ?

Yesterday iced my decision to not renew my STs next year.

I went on SH around 10 AM and found at least a half dozen sets of 2 seats for sale in the club for $120 each. 

Face on them were $270 each.  Not to mention the $15K the STH shelled out.

And this was against the Pats.

I am so done.

No more eating the 2 PS games, no more eating the dog games or the prime time, get home at 2 in the morning games.

Sorry, I have STs with 2 other professional sports teams in the NY/NJ area and understand the concept.

But anyone looking to purchase STs for the Jets right now are out of their mind.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

People didn't list and sell their tickets on StubHub in 1995? I wonder why.

Sea change is even when the Jets suck you can very easily sell your tickets to opposing fans who want to travel. Can recall ditching a lot of tickets during the Walton and Kotite regimes; who would buy them?  There was no internet. But now  figure Fins and Bills fans are going to do the same thing later this season. 

This is a very unlikeable team...Probably the least likable team I can remember.

Any time we've been bad there were reasons to still like the team, reasons to hope for the future...

This team has very few traits that make you want to cheer for them.

But, at the same time, has an awful lot of reasons not downright dislike them...

Guys like ...

Revis, overpaid, happy to lose and just awful (to me the "Jet" I dislike more than any other in the history of the team)

Mo - Got is big payday and now barely tries.  Honestly, watch this guy - he doesn't play to the whistle and takes A LOT of plays off.

Fitz - Held the team hostage all off-season...

Decker, Marshall and Mangold - held out of camp to support and journeyman, back-up level QB's hold out..showing up both the HC and GM.

So much more ... hard to watch.

I have had season tix (and now PSL) since 1984.  Until this year, I ad missed maybe 10 home games in total and travelled to one road game per year (mostly).  I have been to two games (plus the KC road game) this year and I will not attend another game this season because I am not spending a whole day travelling back and forth over two bridges with the associated tolls and traffic in order to sit and watch garbage.  I am no more or less a fan than anyone else, but I made the financial commitment for my tickets and will do what I damn well please with them.  Nobody sitting on their couch is in a position to criticize those that actually cut a check to this miserable team every year.  I sold my tickets (at a loss) but was happy to be sitting at home when the game ended.  I need to see some real progress from this bunch of losers before I consider going back, I am truly fed up with this dysfunctional franchise.    

"BRAY-DEE! BRAY-DEE! BRAY-DEE!"

This is what Jets owner Woody Johnson saw and heard as he exited the field on Sunday night, and about 15 minutes later, he left the stadium for good. His head was down and his lips were sealed shut, and no one could blame him for looking like everyone other dazed Jets fan as he shuffled to the door. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sea change is even when the Jets suck you can very easily sell your tickets to opposing fans who want to travel. Can recall ditching a lot of tickets during the Walton and Kotite regimes; who would buy them?  There was no internet. But now  figure Fins and Bills fans are going to do the same thing later this season. 

Correctamundo. 

Just talked to my neighbor who has been a season ticket holder since 1978 he says and I quote "yesterday was the worst day as a Jets fan to see all those opposing teams fans in our stadium I have never seen this in my entire lifetime as a season ticket holder". 

He's a diehard lifelong fan with no agenda but the Jets being a successful team. 

Wake the hell  up Woody Johnson and fix this mess!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just talked to my neighbor who has been a season ticket holder since 1978 he says and I quote "yesterday was the worst day as a Jets fan to see all those opposing teams fans in our stadium I have never seen this in my entire lifetime as a season ticket holder". 

He's a diehard lifelong fan with no agenda but the Jets being a successful team. 

Wake the hell  up Woody Johnson and fix this mess!!!!!!

I'll take Sh*t The Didn't Happen for $800, Alex.

Archived