Question for the Board

Tinstar

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phill1c said:

NO.

Just because someone does well in another system doesn't mean that they will replicate that performance in ours.

Geez, you think anyone can play well with two suck-@ss Tackles, no TE and an old and/or injury prone RB?

the eagles have the ultimate injury prone RB as well as NO WRs...

2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

NO.

Just because someone does well in another system doesn't mean that they will replicate that performance in ours.

Geez, you think anyone can play well with two suck-@ss Tackles, no TE and an old and/or injury prone RB?

So Fitz deserves a purple heart rather than all the flack he has taken, correct?

12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Knowing what you know today, would you have traded your entire draft in 2016  for a shot at Carson Wentz  ?

I would have : 

This years and next years draft. No questions asked. Franchise QB makes all the difference. Better option would've been to draft Dak instead of the red shirt Hack.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hell yes I've said it before we are going to have to do something like that to acquire a franchise QB otherwise its going to be the whirlwind garbage scenario we've had for the last 47 years........

Dak Prescott, 4th rounder.

You actually have to have a franchise to have a franchise QB, not a bunch of backup-quality offensive linemen, no TE, and mundane RBs.

1 minute ago, phill1c said:

Dak Prescott, 4th rounder.

You actually have to have a franchise to have a franchise QB, not a bunch of backup-quality offensive linemen, no TE, and mundane RBs.

You need a quality QB to build around we seem to want to build around garbage re-signing Fitzpatrick set this organization backwards and for that I blame Macc and Bowles 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You need a quality QB to build around we seem to want to build around garbage re-signing Fitzpatrick set this organization backwards and for that I blame Macc and Bowles 

NO, actually, you need a quality OL to build around. and skill players.

If this season has shown anything, it's that you can luck into a "franchise QB" if you have those other things and that a nominal "franchise QB" ain't gonna do dick if you don't have them.

Just now, phill1c said:

NO, actually, you need a quality OL to build around. and skill players.

If this season has shown anything, it's that you can find a "franchise QB" if you have those other things and that a nominal "franchise QB" ain't gonna do dick if you don't have them.

Are OL isn't all that bad the piss poor QB and play calling extorts their weaknesses. 

25 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Knowing what you know today, would you have traded your entire draft in 2016  for a shot at Carson Wentz  ?

I would have : 

The Eagles have an offensive minded HC in Doug Pederson . Until the Jets dump the defense wins first BS HC's it won't matter who is playing QB. In today's NFL you win on offense but the Jest have had defensive minded Hc's for over  a decade now. Wentz would be holding the Hackenburg seat now if he was on the Jets roster. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are OL isn't all that bad the piss poor QB and play calling extorts their weaknesses. 

No, I disagree.

Capt First Read generally gets the ball out somewhat quickly.

The Tackles are VERY weak and/or unproven. Breno Giacomini?! C'mon man. he's garbage. and Ijanana is nothing special. Time to UPGRADE for your franchise QB, whoever that turns out to be.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Watch Ijalana getting walked around with ease by a guy that had 5 sacks in three years before that one on the turnover play and tell me that was decent oline play.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Watch Ijalana getting walked around with ease by a guy that had 5 sacks in three years before that one on the turnover play and tell me that was decent oline play.

Decent not good yesterday all I saw was them standing around we are slow at the RB position we have a bad QB all things that extort an OL 

24 minutes ago, phill1c said:

NO.

The old and injury prone RB is on pace for 1400 yards from scrimmage...and hasn't missed a game/practice due to injury.

And we carried 4 TEs. We just don't use them as catchers.

Oh, and about the "suck-@ss Tackles", we average 4.3 yards a carry and have given up 22 sacks in 11 games. 

What we do have is a "suck-@ss" QB, hence the question if we'd like Wentz instead. The easy answer is, anybody but Fitz. 

With Carr, Prescott, Siemian, Garrapolo, Wilson, Cousins, Taylor, etc. all providing quality play it's tough to justify blowing up your draft board for one player who is 50/50 coming out of college to be a true impact player.  This is especially true for franchises like the Jets who basically have acquired little or no talent via the draft for the last 5+ years and who have multiple roster holes to fill...

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

The old and injury prone RB is on pace for 1400 yards from scrimmage...and hasn't missed a game/practice due to injury.

And we carried 4 TEs. We just don't use them as catchers.

Oh, and about the "suck-@ss Tackles", we average 4.3 yards a carry and have given up 22 sacks in 11 games. 

What we do have is a "suck-@ss" QB, hence the question if we'd like Wentz instead. The easy answer is, anybody but Fitz. 

the Jets, at last glance, had the 23rd ranked offense. But, yes, a lot of that is on Mr. Oh-for-the-3rd Quarter.

But, again, it's a complete hypothetical. So, no, I don't advocate committing an entire draft to any one position. Maybe that works in fantasy football...does it even work there?

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The Eagles have an offensive minded HC in Doug Pederson . Until the Jets dump the defense wins first BS HC's it won't matter who is playing QB. In today's NFL you win on offense but the Jest have had defensive minded Hc's for over  a decade now. Wentz would be holding the Hackenburg seat now if he was on the Jets roster. 

Would you also say that who you have at QB could dictate how aggressive you allow your QB to be ?

Fitzpatrick is a limited QB , thus the Jets don't allow him to lose games and yet he does .

10 minutes ago, phill1c said:

the Jets, at last glance, had the 23rd ranked offense. But, yes, a lot of that is on Mr. Oh-for-the-3rd Quarter.

But, again, it's a complete hypothetical. So, no, I don't advocate committing an entire draft to any one position. Maybe that works in fantasy football...does it even work there?

Yeah, well as a Jets fan, Im not sure why you would even question obtaining a potential star QB. 

Question: Knowing what we know now, would you have given up 3 entire drafts to draft Manning in 1998? I would. And Colts would still not accept it, knowing what he would eventually become. 

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Would you also say that who you have at QB could dictate how aggressive you allow your QB to be ?

Fitzpatrick is a limited QB , thus the Jets don't allow him to lose games and yet he does .

Without a doubt QB is the most important component. I thought Bowles might be different but he's the type of coach who would rather lose 7-6 then win 43-42. Until we get a HC who embraces the fact that the NFL is promoting and favoring offense we are doomed. 

Archived