Why Wouldn't The Jets Draft a QB Round 1 2017?

southtown24th

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to put the curse on but there could be good value early in the 2nd round for a QB for us.  One of the group people talk about will drop to early 2nd round and there is not a boat load of teams that desperately need a QB.  (Or some of them don't think they need one even if they do.)

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Clausen played 13 games in his draft year, and I'm pretty sure a new regime cam into being did it not?  Both of those things factor into it.  They had a decent idea after one year what they had in clausen, the jets have ZERO clue what they have in hackenburg or petty.  And the other poster is correct, Newton was deemed a franchise QB, if the jets think a true franchise guy is there they will take him, if there is even one doubt they will not.

not entirely accurate. Clausen i believe was forced into playing. Can't remember the circumstances, but he got the job via injury or something.

Cam was not seen as a franchise QB this time of year. Come april, someonelike Falk could fly up the boards and this is a different conversation. 

Sorry boys. Feel like I'm right on this one. We're not passing on an opportunity because we have two fcking losers on the team. 

On 11/28/2016 at 2:35 PM, southtown24th said:

I am hearing people talk about sticking with what we have and bringing in people like Tony Romo and Jay Cutler...

Explain to me the reasoning behind why would the Jets NOT select a QB in Round 1 in 2017--makes perfect sense to me.  

Enlighten me.

There isn't a QB good enough to draft in first round. Maybe in the third round or so. I do expect the Jets to draft another QB, and keep on doing so until they find one that sticks. Right now, the starter for 2017 is NOT on the roster. Bryce Petty must be stinking it up royally in practice because Bowles won't even consider him yet. He doesn't think Petty gives the team a better chance to win than Fitzpatrick, who is the lowest rated QB in the entire league, so you tell me why Petty isn't playing. Bowles sees him every day so he must know.

58 minutes ago, peebag said:

If the #1 rated qb is available at the time of our 1st pick in the upcoming draft - we need to take him.

What if that QB is the 35th ranked prospect? I am not a believer in any of the so called top prospects this season. DeShaun Watson? Nah. Let Rex have him.

6 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Just because a qb doesnt have a first rd grade, doesnt mean you dont draft one, supply and deman, and we have a demand.

i'd be ok with a guy who has a 2nd rd grade, another draft of hope.. Sigh...

Sure but you don't take a QB in the 1st round if you can get him in the 2nd.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why is there a presumption the Jets wouldn't draft a QB #1?

Because of Hack?

Seriously?

we've seen the jets gm not draft qbs b/c they had already invested picks in qbs.  and also you have the browns, bears and 49ers all with worse records than the jets who all have obvious qb needs.  

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

not entirely accurate. Clausen i believe was forced into playing. Can't remember the circumstances, but he got the job via injury or something.

Cam was not seen as a franchise QB this time of year. Come april, someonelike Falk could fly up the boards and this is a different conversation. 

Sorry boys. Feel like I'm right on this one. We're not passing on an opportunity because we have two fcking losers on the team. 

Yeah, it doesn't matter what reason Clausen played, half the young qbs in this league play because of injures.  And yes this time of year Cam was not viewed as a franchise guy.  Like every year though by the time the draft rolled around he was.

The point of it all is that we have ZERO idea if we have two fcking losers.  Or at least the team has no clue.

We needed a QB worse last year and passed on Lynch, I see the same thing happening this year.  Polish up that seat for a top 10 pick CB.

Archived