Jets PSL license

JetsFan2016

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about the PSL program. I'd like to know the pros and cons of buying one.  My understanding is that they are selling in the aftermarket for less than original price.  I'm interested in getting cheap seats in the end zone area. I am a patient person and am confident that the Jets will eventually improve and will be in this for the long term.  I also realize that pre season tickets are part of the deal. Do pre season tickets have any resale value?   If you purchased a PSL, l would like to get your honest opinion. I really look forward to hearing positive and negative feedback on this topic. Thanks in advance for your responses.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JetsFan2016 said:

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about the PSL program. I'd like to know the pros and cons of buying one.  My understanding is that they are selling in the aftermarket for less than original price.  I'm interested in getting cheap seats in the end zone area. I am a patient person and am confident that the Jets will eventually improve and will be in this for the long term.  I also realize that pre season tickets are part of the deal. Do pre season tickets have any resale value?   If you purchased a PSL, l would like to get your honest opinion. I really look forward to hearing positive and negative feedback on this topic. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Purchased two. Glad I did because otherwise I'd be on the waiting list for 30 years.

Also super stoked that they are saleable, at any value, after market. 

The access is great if they're good or God forbid we get a home playoff game. But unless you're a sadist or hate having extra money, I'd suggest picking 3 games a year and buying on the ticket exchange or StubHub and forget the psl.

Purchased two. Glad I did because otherwise I'd be on the waiting list for 30 years.

Also super stoked that they are saleable, at any value, after market. 

The access is great if they're good or God forbid we get a home playoff game. But unless you're a sadist or hate having extra money, I'd suggest picking 3 games a year and buying on the ticket exchange or StubHub and forget theSLs psl.

I was able to find a buyer for my PSLs earlier this season. Got about 25 percent of what I paid which is way more than what anyone should expect on Bernie Madoff quality "Investment gold"

The three or maybe 4 games via stub hub is exactly what I am doing in 2017 and after.

5 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm just going to sit back and watch this thread go to 600 posts within 24 hours.

I think we have thoroughly collectively explored the pros and cons of having bought a psl many years ago. The question of should one buy one now, with the benefit of hindsight, about 9 billion archived posts on the topic to research, the fact that we are 6 years into this, and the fact that there are potentially deals to be had - like the one the poster a few posts up referenced - is a slight twist on the topic.

That said, yeah, I think we have collectively authored a dissertation on this topic at this point. The world's worst dissertation, with meme pics and emoji interspersed throughout.  You might say we have a PhD in PSLs (wocka wocka. I'm here all week. Tip your bartenders).

9 hours ago, JetsFan2016 said:

Hi all,

Although you can find a PSL cheap in the aftermarket, I strongly suggest you stay away. Pre season tix has no resale value. You will lose money on them. Forget about pre season. Upcoming game on Monday night. Check the tickets thru stubhub or ticket exchange. Upper decks are going for $6. Club seats at $44 last night. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from PSL and use stubhub for the games you want to go. 

In theory buying PSL's would be investment gold if the Jets were a sustainable successful franchise.
In reality PSL's are on par with buying Lucent at 80 bucks or Bear Stearns at 170.
At this point even buying upper prime seats like I have is a terrible investment. I don't mind the cash layout every year because I'm a loyal fan and like attending games live, but at this point with all the negative news surrounding the NFL and the fact the Jets franchise appears to be in disarray laying out money for a PSL is not a good idea.
As past performance is not an indicator of future return, I'd say
stick with buying tickets on the open market for the time being then when you feel the team has hit bottom buy the PSL.
Believe it or not, as a long suffering fan, based on past performance it can get worse much worse.
It's starting to feel a little Coslet era around here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

Although you can find a PSL cheap in the aftermarket, I strongly suggest you stay away. Pre season tix has no resale value. You will lose money on them. Forget about pre season. Upcoming game on Monday night. Check the tickets thru stubhub or ticket exchange. Upper decks are going for $6. Club seats at $44 last night. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from PSL and use stubhub for the games you want to go. 

Post of the decade.

5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I disagree. I enjoy the friendships I have built with the people that sit close by. Having the same people there every week is cool. Hearing updates on their families, etc....makes me want to sit in the same seats every game.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I disagree. I enjoy the friendships I have built with the people that sit close by. Having the same people there every week is cool. Hearing updates on their families, etc....makes me want to sit in the same seats every game.

I miss that I have lost touch with the people I used to sit by in the old stadium we had good times tailgating meeting each others families spending quality time together through good and bad times. 

as a multi psl owner I say dont buy them just buy tickets from the NFL ticket exchange or Stub hub-you can pick and choose your seats at different price points for different games-you can go to any game you want and many times because the jets suck under face value and you are not buying the pre season.

my family had tickets since day one at shea -we lost our season ticket rights and our long standing history as a customer was ignored-we thought long and hard about it but eventually caved and got VERY good ones too.

I regret our choice to the psls-the seconday market is the way to go especially for a bad team. the jets also lied on the psls as well-there were features that were going to be exclusive to psl holders and if you had a better psl you got some things others could not-example green parking permit that they than after the fact opened up to others

there is zero reason to buy psls as long as the secondary market exists-even if you have to pay more for a few games then face value you probably will recover that money as you are not subjected to buying the garbage pre season

if you buy psls and have to sell or want to see-odds are you will get less than you paid. The psls on the market now are going for less that the original holders paid not more

My final word dont buy the psls-it is a waste your money

15 hours ago, JetsFan2016 said:

Hi all,

PSL owner here, people make a big deal out of this when it's really not.

Go to the aftermarket, buy PSL's off of a fan who doesn't want them anymore, save some money that way, and you'll be all set.

Those who buy tickets on a game-by-game basis are usually disappointed as they aren't getting the full PSL experience-  you get to sit next to a consistent group of fans that become your friends instead of randoms.

Let me know if you need any advice.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

that sounds nice but I have a bunch of pls and each week since inception most people are different sitting next to us. When we had season tickets pre psl the faces and families were the same

27 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And somewhere in the night a BMW is started up, it's gps is activated and it moves swiftly towards this thread.

Greetings from London.  Lots of BMW's here.

I saw a guy in a Buffalo Bills hat in Oxford Circus, brought me a chuckle.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

PSL owner here, people make a big deal out of this when it's really not.

Go to the aftermarket, buy PSL's off of a fan who doesn't want them anymore, save some money that way, and you'll be all set.

Those who buy tickets on a game-by-game basis are usually disappointed as they aren't getting the full PSL experience-  you get to sit next to a consistent group of fans that become your friends instead of randoms.

Let me know if you need any advice.

SAR I

i disagree-there is no psl experience-I have a bunch-most sell many individual game tickets and the people next to us are rarely the same and I Have a few sets in different locations including some of the best ones which I assume most use for clients so week in and week out they are different people

when we had tickets at she or meadowlands pre psls the families and faces were the same now the are not-you must not have been a season ticket holder pre psl as you would have seen the fan base then was MUCH more consistent than now

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

BIngo.

There are two major benefits to owning Jets PSL's right now:

1.  Guaranteed seats, no Stubhub drama, no PayPal payments, no worries if the barcodes are valid at the gate.

2.  The people around you become life-long friends.  The guys and their wives in my section are awesome.

Then there are major benefits owning Jets PSL's into the future:

1.  You can buy them on the aftermarket so cheap they go from $7 a game down to $2 a game, the money isn't even relevant.

2.  If the Jets get good again (and they will when B&B retire up north) you have seats you love and are protected from Stubhub price gouging.

3.  If you can't go to games, you'll be able to sell your seats above face value, make a few bob.

4.  Lastly, if you need to sell the PSL outright you'll make money on that transaction too.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

BIngo.

There are two major benefits to owning Jets PSL's right now:

1.  Guaranteed seats, no Stubhub drama, no PayPal payments, no worries if the barcodes are valid at the gate.

2.  The people around you become life-long friends.  The guys and their wives in my section are awesome.

Then there are major benefits owning Jets PSL's into the future:

1.  You can buy them on the aftermarket so cheap they go from $7 a game down to $2 a game, the money isn't even relevant.

2.  If the Jets get good again (and they will when B&B retire up north) you have seats you love and are protected from Stubhub price gouging.

3.  If you can't go to games, you'll be able to sell your seats above face value, make a few bob.

4.  Lastly, if you need to sell the PSL outright you'll make money on that transaction too.

SAR I

there are ZERO worries about buying tickets from stub hub or in particular nfl ticket exchange-yes you get a bill just like i get a bill for my season tickets-you can pay with a credit card as well on nfl ticket exchange

we had life long friends in the old stadium the new stadium new faces almost every week-the fan base is FAR less consistent and the secondary market MUCH more prevalent

12 minutes ago, kmnj said:

as a multi psl owner I say dont buy them just buy tickets from the NFL ticket exchange or Stub hub-you can pick and choose your seats at different price points for different games-you can go to any game you want and many times because the jets suck under face value and you are not buying the pre season.

my family had tickets since day one at shea -we lost our season ticket rights and our long standing history as a customer was ignored-we thought long and hard about it but eventually caved and got VERY good ones too.

I regret our choice to the psls-the seconday market is the way to go especially for a bad team. the jets also lied on the psls as well-there were features that were going to be exclusive to psl holders and if you had a better psl you got some things others could not-example green parking permit that they than after the fact opened up to others

there is zero reason to buy psls as long as the secondary market exists-even if you have to pay more for a few games then face value you probably will recover that money as you are not subjected to buying the garbage pre season

if you buy psls and have to sell or want to see-odds are you will get less than you paid. The psls on the market now are going for less that the original holders paid not more

My final word dont buy the psls-it is a waste your money

Agree 100%.  We had several rows of the same folks at Giants Stadium.  At Metlife we only have one group that stays the same in our section.  Different people in the seats every game.  Tons of OOT fans.

1 minute ago, jmat321 said:

Agree 100%.  We had several rows of the same folks at Giants Stadium.  At Metlife we only have one group that stays the same in our section.  Different people in the seats every game.  Tons of OOT fans.

anybody who talks about seeing the same faces was not a season ticket holder before the psls-the fans were always the same-with the psls and the extensive secondary market it is very rare to see the same faces especially now that we suck. Every week on the one pair I use most times the people to our left right and front and back are never the same

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

anybody who talks about seeing the same faces was not a season ticket holder before the psls-the fans were always the same-with the psls and the extensive secondary market it is very rare to see the same faces especially now that we suck. Every week on the one pair I use most times the people to our left right and front and back are never the same

I am surrounded by die-hards that are there no matter what. They give me a hard time because I got upgraded to the coaches club a few times this year. When I go back to my seats the next week they rip me. I love that stuff.

44 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am surrounded by die-hards that are there no matter what. They give me a hard time because I got upgraded to the coaches club a few times this year. When I go back to my seats the next week they rip me. I love that stuff.

that is rare these days as all of my seats the people are different each time-I know for a fact the guy to our left has been trying to sell his psl for two years on the psl exchange at a discount with no takers

at shea the people were always the same -at the meadowlands for years the same people were next to us to the point they would invite us to family functions and stuff-now days in my opinion that does not exist or definitely not to the same extent

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that is rare these days as all of my seats the people are different each time-I know for a fact the guy to our left has been trying to sell his psl for two years on the psl exchange at a discount with no takers

at shea the people were always the same -at the meadowlands for years the same people were next to us to the point they would invite us to family functions and stuff-now days in my opinion that does not exist or definitely not to the same extent

+1

Like comparing apples and hand grenades.

Today's experience at a Jet's game is not close to what it was years ago.

Years ago going to a Jet's game was like Christmas.

Now it's more like Halloween.

You and SAR should help the OP out and post or PM him your section/row, because you both seem to be the exception. I have sat in the same seats for 3-4 games a year every year of the new stadium and there is only one group of 4 (mom dad and 2 kids) that have been there more than once in my vicinity. These seats are in Mezzanine sideline clubs, so I would definitely recommend against those seats if you're looking to have consistent neighbors.

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

i disagree-there is no psl experience-I have a bunch-most sell many individual game tickets and the people next to us are rarely the same and I Have a few sets in different locations including some of the best ones which I assume most use for clients so week in and week out they are different people

when we had tickets at she or meadowlands pre psls the families and faces were the same now the are not-you must not have been a season ticket holder pre psl as you would have seen the fan base then was MUCH more consistent than now

I was a season ticket holder in Giants Stadium for 9 years, in MetLife now in my 7th.  In both locations I had a consistent set of fans around me who attended almost all games, became my friends, bring cookies for my children, and really enhance the gameday experience.

I'm sorry this isn't what you're experiencing, but I am.

SAR I

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

there are ZERO worries about buying tickets from stub hub or in particular nfl ticket exchange-yes you get a bill just like i get a bill for my season tickets-you can pay with a credit card as well on nfl ticket exchange

Stubhub has issues with phony tickets and tickets that were simultaneously uploaded for purchase and sold physically, meaning that whoever gets to the gate first to have his barcode scanned gets in and the one who doesn't get there first is screwed.  It happens.  You can Google it.

As a seller I once even had an issue where I listed my tickets, had a change of plan, withdrew my tickets, and a day later got an email congratulating me on their sale.  I had to call Stubhub and have them pull the tickets back from my buyer, it was a hassle.

As a PSL season ticket holder you don't have any of this second-hand aftermarket drama.

SAR I

82,500 seats in MetLife there's bound to be feel good stories and theres a lot of fans saying that every week there are different people (not necessarily Jets fans) in the seats around them. 

I can honestly say in my 23 years i had the best group of people anyone could ask for. We tailgated together and had a really good time. I miss those days. 

SAR I says it all the time maybe we should all come back and change whats going on. 

joewilly12 

Archived