Jets PSL license

JetsFan2016

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Stubhub has issues with phony tickets and tickets that were simultaneously uploaded for purchase and sold physically, meaning that whoever gets to the gate first to have his barcode scanned gets in and the one who doesn't get there first is screwed.  It happens.  You can Google it.

As a seller I once even had an issue where I listed my tickets, had a change of plan, withdrew my tickets, and a day later got an email congratulating me on their sale.  I had to call Stubhub and have them pull the tickets back from my buyer, it was a hassle.

As a PSL season ticket holder you don't have any of this second-hand aftermarket drama.

SAR I

TicketMaster is the only site the NFL and the NY Jets recognizes and guarantees your tickets wont be bogus. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kmnj said:

anybody who talks about seeing the same faces was not a season ticket holder before the psls-the fans were always the same-with the psls and the extensive secondary market it is very rare to see the same faces especially now that we suck. Every week on the one pair I use most times the people to our left right and front and back are never the same

There are 3 JN members who sit in my section, they can vouch for the loyalty and consistency in 232A. 

Just because you are sitting in compromised sections doesn't mean everyone else is. 

SAR I

19 hours ago, JetsFan2016 said:

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused about the PSL program. I'd like to know the pros and cons of buying one.  My understanding is that they are selling in the aftermarket for less than original price.  I'm interested in getting cheap seats in the end zone area. I am a patient person and am confident that the Jets will eventually improve and will be in this for the long term.  I also realize that pre season tickets are part of the deal. Do pre season tickets have any resale value?   If you purchased a PSL, l would like to get your honest opinion. I really look forward to hearing positive and negative feedback on this topic. Thanks in advance for your responses.

is the jets marketing department hiring ?

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

+1

Like comparing apples and hand grenades.

Today's experience at a Jet's game is not close to what it was years ago.

Years ago going to a Jet's game was like Christmas.

Now it's more like Halloween.

JetsAtShea_zps90a47e38.jpg

I think your warm remembrance of the old days may have to do with how you felt when you were younger in general and not based on fact.

There were only 61,000 fans at the typical Shea Stadium Jets home game, the Mets treated us like crap, the baseball field was bad enough, the outfield wall had the banners of the Montreal Expos between the uprights, and it was an open-ended building that couldn't get loud.

There are 20,000 more Jets fans in the stadium today.  Different world, but more fans.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Stubhub has issues with phony tickets and tickets that were simultaneously uploaded for purchase and sold physically, meaning that whoever gets to the gate first to have his barcode scanned gets in and the one who doesn't get there first is screwed.  It happens.  You can Google it.

As a seller I once even had an issue where I listed my tickets, had a change of plan, withdrew my tickets, and a day later got an email congratulating me on their sale.  I had to call Stubhub and have them pull the tickets back from my buyer, it was a hassle.

As a PSL season ticket holder you don't have any of this second-hand aftermarket drama.

SAR I

The duplicate ticket issue happened to a friend at the Pats game last year

46 minutes ago, isired said:

You and SAR should help the OP out and post or PM him your section/row, because you both seem to be the exception. I have sat in the same seats for 3-4 games a year every year of the new stadium and there is only one group of 4 (mom dad and 2 kids) that have been there more than once in my vicinity. These seats are in Mezzanine sideline clubs, so I would definitely recommend against those seats if you're looking to have consistent neighbors.

I would but there aren't any seats available, at least not the last time I checked.  My section was very desirable on the first day of the ticket draft in 2009.  If you were a fan that liked mezzanine elevation and didn't want club seats and thought the upper deck was too far away, you wanted seats as close to the sidelines as possible and the Mezz A corners went first.

Perhaps my good vibes about fan camaraderie have to do with the fact that the real diehards with the longest seniority gravitated to certain sections that first week of the seat assignment process.  These tended to be seats adjacent to the pricey club's but not in the club.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I says it all the time maybe we should all come back and change whats going on. 

joewilly12 

the-test.jpg

And just when I thought it was too late for you, you pull a Charlie, you return the Everlasting Gobstopper, you get the grand prize.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

TicketMaster is the only site the NFL and the NY Jets recognizes and guarantees your tickets wont be bogus. 

Perhaps, but there are far fewer buyers on Ticketmaster and they set pricing floors, it's like saying Google is a good search engine but you use Altavista.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I would so kick that guys ass for that popcorn

I'm in London, I would kill for a bag of price club popcorn right now, the preservatives in that bag are amazing, stuff can last a year.

I ordered a rib eye, the thing was half an inch thick.  I ordered a baked potato and they brought me french fries.  High end steak joint too, they don't know what they're missing.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm in London, I would kill for a bag of price club popcorn right now, the preservatives in that bag are amazing, stuff can last a year.

I ordered a rib eye, the thing was half an inch thick.  I ordered a baked potato and they brought me french fries.  High end steak joint too, they don't know what they're missing.

SAR I

Jersey it ain't.

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I think your warm remembrance of the old days may have to do with how you felt when you were younger in general and not based on fact.

There were only 61,000 fans at the typical Shea Stadium Jets home game, the Mets treated us like crap, the baseball field was bad enough, the outfield wall had the banners of the Montreal Expos between the uprights, and it was an open-ended building that couldn't get loud.

There are 20,000 more Jets fans in the stadium today.  Different world, but more fans.

SAR I

Nothing to do with age.  A lot to do with loyalty and camaraderie.

Years ago you could count on seeing the same faces every game no matter what.

Today you see different faces all the time.

Wasn't about the crappy field or the open-ended building.

It was about seeing the same guys week in week out like you do when you don't flip your tickets.

We could debate HDTV, SH, PSLs all night as to why it's changed.

Don't want to do that.  It's just a different crowd and a different experience today.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I disagree. I enjoy the friendships I have built with the people that sit close by. Having the same people there every week is cool. Hearing updates on their families, etc....makes me want to sit in the same seats every game.

Hey Max.

I don't deny that. What you are explaining is a very good reason to become a STH. But as stated on this very board, this is becoming extinct as years go by. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I prefer this stadium to the monstrosity we have niow . CHANGE IS BAD . 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If you aren't going bangers&mash or fish&chips(of which a lot of it is very good) London's fine dining is pretty thin. Best meal we had was in a Spanish tapas place a few blocks form Harrods. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Hell yeah. Eat half toss, it behind the lazy-boy find it a week later and re-live the moment. So awesome. Such a durable food source.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hell yeah. Eat half toss, it behind the lazy-boy find it a week later and re-live the moment. So awesome. Such a durable food source.

I just learned that the inventor of the Big Mac died today. Similarly, I just learned that Netflix just updated their iOS app to allow off-line viewing. 

The Big Mac inventor was 98 years old.  I just got Letters To Juliet off-line. So today was a good day.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If you aren't going bangers&mash or fish&chips(of which a lot of it is very good) London's fine dining is pretty thin. Best meal we had was in a Spanish tapas place a few blocks form Harrods. 

I saw that place today and almost went in! I should have, it's monotonous otherwise.

Tomorrow I have a rare day off on a business trip, so it's the 11 AM walking tour of the Beatles in London for me.   I should be walking across the Abbey Road intersection by the time you wake up tomorrow. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I just learned that the inventor of the Big Mac died today. Similarly, I just learned that Netflix just updated their iOS app to allow off-line viewing. 

The Big Mac inventor was 98 years old.  I just got Letters To Juliet off-line. So today was a good day.

SAR I

My son Sal just bought himself one of those 4k tv's. The upgraded Netflix has quite a few titles in that format.  Pretty freaking outstanding to be honest.

6 hours ago, isired said:

You and SAR should help the OP out and post or PM him your section/row, because you both seem to be the exception. I have sat in the same seats for 3-4 games a year every year of the new stadium and there is only one group of 4 (mom dad and 2 kids) that have been there more than once in my vicinity. These seats are in Mezzanine sideline clubs, so I would definitely recommend against those seats if you're looking to have consistent neighbors.

You know what is kind of funny, I tried buying extra seats when the Jets did that promotion before the season. You could buy seats with no PSL in your PSL section or worse. Anyhow there wasn't a single ticket available in my section. Never thought about it, but I guess it depends on where you sit. Definitely makes a big difference getting locked in with good people around you.

There is a group who is there every week where I sit but it's groups not entire sections like it used to be.  There are dirt cheap prices for PSLs on the secondary market.  Others won't believe me but I'd bet in 3 years from now any unsold seats will be sold without the PSL.  At that time we are 10 years into the new stadium and 1/3 of the way through the life of this place.

A lot of tickets are sold through ticket liquidators the Jets use.  (i.e. Dynasty Sports and Entertainment, Prime Sports, S4K Marketing etc.). 

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My son Sal just bought himself one of those 4k tv's. The upgraded Netflix has quite a few titles in that format.  Pretty freaking outstanding to be honest.

The reason the offline thing is a game changer is with tablets, not TVs, because it means I don't have to travel with two tablets anymore on international flights and trekking trips. Always had to lug a kindle in my bag on top of my iPad simply because iPads haven't been able to store stuff offline, unless you rent the shows or programs. It's big for Apple too, now it really makes sense to splurge for the higher memory iPads. I'm gonna have to try and time a long trip for when season 2 of stranger things drops. 

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The reason the offline thing is a game changer is with tablets, not TVs, because it means I don't have to travel with two tablets anymore on international flights and trekking trips. Always had to lug a kindle in my bag on top of my iPad simply because iPads haven't been able to store stuff offline, unless you rent the shows or programs. It's big for Apple too, now it really makes sense to splurge for the higher memory iPads. I'm gonna have to try and time a long trip for when season 2 of stranger things drops. 

I'm going to be old and complain about technology for your entertainment because I like you like that.  No matter how hard I try or convince myself it's ok I cannot watch shows on a pc, laptop or tablet. It's just uncomfortable and takes my viewing pleasure down a couple notches. Partly Because I have to wear reading glasses so looking at a small screen isn't pleasant for me. All my monitors at my office and house are big ones but for some reason don't mind reading off then  but watching shows is just awful for me. I have put a Roku on all the tv's at my house and use Internet programming more than my cable. At the office I like to watch Netflix while I devour my lunches and for awhile used my pc. Finally broke down and mounted a 48" tv on the wall with the Roku built in. Got some nice wireless Boes headphones.  So damn nice though all the youngsters that Wouk for me just shake their heads at me. I got one girl who watched every single episode Orange New Black on her I phone! It's a brave new world Rutgers, a brave new world. 

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

For me it's a game changer because there are TV seasons I want to binge on Netflix for free that would have cost me $15 to purchase per season.  It's cool that I can pull down Breaking Bad, Mad Men, House Of Cards, etc. at no charge when I fly.  It's also nice that I can run Netflix on my notebook, I can connect it to the HDTV in the room via HDMI and the app will remember where I left off, it's very convenient.

Now I just need my Slingbox to do the same, allow me to choose shows from my DVR to store offline on my iPad and watch on the plane.  That would be amazing.

SAR I

Archived