Jets PSL license

JetsFan2016

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I bet he never sold out. 

He was too cheap to spend a few dollars more to cover the PSL, would have cost him less money than a beer and a hotdog.

There are worse things than being a sell out; one of them is being a coward.

SAR I

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I wouldn't know. 

Let's see about that.

Being a "sell out" means you let money get in the way of your fandom.  Being "cowardly" means you cut and run when the going gets tough.

So explain to me how 1) giving up your season tickets because of PSL fees and 2) quitting on the team outright when the playoff runs stopped doesn't qualify for both definitions.  I say this for your own good, by the way.  Perhaps when you consider the choices you made you will better understand the sacrifices the rest of us are making right now.

SAR I

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let's see about that.

Being a "sell out" means you let money get in the way of your fandom.  Being "cowardly" means you cut and run when the going gets tough.

So explain to me how 1) giving up your season tickets because of PSL fees and 2) quitting on the team outright when the playoff runs stopped doesn't qualify for both definitions.  I say this for your own good, by the way.  Perhaps when you consider the choices you made you will better understand the sacrifices the rest of us are making right now.

SAR I

Nice lecture but I think you are both off.

You (SAR) are not a sellout for flipping tickets when you can't go.

joewilly is not a sellout because he gave up his STs.  He is still a diehard fan.  Wouldn't be on this website if he wasn't.

And if you drop your STs due to no playoff runs LIKE NOW but you still remain a fan, it doesn't make you a coward.

That's a little strong, no?

I think both you guys need a cocktail right now.  Make it a double for you both.

39 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

Nice lecture but I think you are both off.

You (SAR) are not a sellout for flipping tickets when you can't go.

joewilly is not a sellout because he gave up his STs.  He is still a diehard fan.  Wouldn't be on this website if he wasn't.

And if you drop your STs due to no playoff runs LIKE NOW but you still remain a fan, it doesn't make you a coward.

That's a little strong, no?

I think both you guys need a cocktail right now.  Make it a double for you both.

So true

Both SAR and joewilly are die hard fans. I will even throw in the idiot "no psls(OH THE PAIN) in the same category. All 3 should meet up before the next game and break bread. A great friendship will be born. 

Now, @SAR I , @joewilly12 , @OH THE PAIN , please plan on meeting up before the Dolphins game. It is a Saturday night game and I will be there as well. I will try to convince @Maxman to join us as well. 

Some people have given them up because they run into financial hardship through no fault of their own (serious illness, tragically ill children, catastrophic medical bills, unexpected layoff). It's a stretch for some folks to hold onto them because of  unexpected unfortunate circumstances. There's no shame in that, and it doesn't make someone a sell out or a crappy fan.  Life happens sometimes.  

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Let's see about that.

SAR I

Money is the root of all evil. 

My financial situation and how I choose to spend it is not your concern, my fun money was needed elsewhere for more important things. 

Quitting on the team?  Never and these playoff runs in the 23 years I had tickets there weren't many as a matter of fact in the last 47 years there haven't been many we were there because we wanted to be there. 

No rewards, no trinkets, no meet and greets, no on field experiences they gave us nothing they didn't have to football fans we wanted to see football. 

Diehard longtime season ticket holders who couldn't sell out were in the seats week after week at Giants stadium regardless of the win loss record, time of game,weather,opponent no excuses. 

I waited about 7 years to get season tickets every year I would get the post card in the mail with my number on  it we all earned our seats. 

When we were told we would be given a choice and priority they lied to us when they initiated the PSL's, you wouldn't know a damn thing about this process all you had to do was pay the price.

You were entitled because you had the money. 

Now at free will you sell them anytime things don't go your way win loss record, opponent,weather,game time thats not a diehard fan just because you bought PSL's doesn't make you a diehard anything. 

Sacrifice is going to every game, not selling out, and not being able to sell your tickets on the internet, donating pre-season games to a charity, giving tickets to family and friends who are Jets fans. 

We wore our teams colors proudly home or away games.

SAR I you just don't get it and never will. 

No coward here and no sell out. 

joewilly12 

Hey guys, first time poster. I am actually asking to see if anyone has had any negative interaction with the Jets tickets account executives. I am currently in a "financial hardship" and can no longer afford my psl payment and season tickets.  I explained to the ticket representative my situation in the beginning of the season and they deferred my tickets until next year. They want the psl payment but unfortunately I am still unable to afford them. They are now threatening to sue me for accelerated payments and the cost of their lawyer fees as per the psl contract. I purchased the psl in 2010 when I was a single guy living in an apartment and obviously 6 years later things can change. Does anyone know from first hand experience or from a third party if they follow through with their lawsuit. I would love to keep my tickets but they have to be paid off with fun money, something I don't have anymore.

6 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

So true

Both SAR and joewilly are die hard fans. I will even throw in the idiot "no psls(OH THE PAIN) in the same category. All 3 should meet up before the next game and break bread. A great friendship will be born. 

Now, @SAR I , @joewilly12 , @OH THE PAIN , please plan on meeting up before the Dolphins game. It is a Saturday night game and I will be there as well. I will try to convince @Maxman to join us as well. 

Should I bring the grey poupon ?

psl=gold for sure- I have a bunch

coaches club tickets(not mine but same section) 150 bucks for this weeks game on the hub-after fees owner is losing about $600 per ticket

one of my other sets price normally for $125-being sold for $20 bucks for this week

gold jerry gold-9000 tickets on the hub alone

p.s on top of that if you happen to go enjoy the worst parking situation in the country

yay team.....

Archived