Albert Breer on our 2017 QB

Pcola

On his podcast today, he went into detail.  Said he believes Fitz and Geno are gone (obviously).  Not sure about Hack and Petty.  Thinks Jets draft a QB high and bring in a vet JAG for leadership.

Not sure if that means Trubisky or Watson.

Also he doesn't think Washington franchises Cousins again.  So There will be a lot of negotiations prior to new year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I don't see the Jets drafting someone high and signing a vet. I would think it would be one or the other. 

He mentioned the only reason you bring in in the vet is because no HC can go into a season with 3 QBs with 1 random start among them. 

Just now, Pcola said:

He mentioned the only reason you bring in in the vet is because no HC can go into a season with 3 QBs with 1 random start among them. 

So he thinks they should keep four QB's again? Are they ever going to focus on just getting the best 53 out there to, ya know, win a game?

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If I were Geno I wouldn't do it, but can you think of a better veteran jag than him .  He won't cost much, knows the system and he can be a Bridge to the youngsters.                                    

Probably won't be ready for training camp. Toxic presence. Coaching staff doesn't particularly care for him. Bad QB. Just make Petty the bridge. If he can't figure it out between now and 2017, he'll be gone too. Makes zero sense for Geno to come back or for the Jets to bring him back. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Probably won't be ready for training camp. Toxic presence. Coaching staff doesn't particularly care for him. Bad QB. Just make Petty the bridge. If he can't figure it out between now and 2017, he'll be gone too. Makes zero sense for Geno to come back or for the Jets to bring him back. 

Never say never Carl this is the NY Jets. 

3 minutes ago, phill1c said:

We need to draft some OTs.

As long as Woody has the patience, you draft the AL or Wis LT and Pocic, the LSU center with the first two picks.

That solidifies 3/5s of the line.  Use Ijalana at RT and Qvale at RG if we can't resign Winters at a modest extension.

Start Petty and when eliminated, play Hack.  Then use every asset possible to get Browning in 2018.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

As long as Woody has the patience, you draft the AL or Wis LT and Pocic, the LSU center with the first two picks.

That solidifies 3/5s of the line.  Use Ijalana at RT and Qvale at RG if we can't resign Winters at a modest extension.

Start Petty and when eliminated, play Hack.  Then use every asset possible to get Browning in 2018.

That's a plan...

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I like that idea a lot. get another QB late to develop. Maybe Chad Kelly to stash on IR and a UDFA to develop. You are assuming we will need Browing which is understandable as Petty nor Hack has proven anything yet. Which is true - but that could change.

16 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Start Petty and when eliminated, play Hack.  Then use every asset possible to get Rosen in 2018.

Fixed that for  you.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think I'd give this administration another resource to spend on a QB. Not a draft pick nor a contract dollar. Let them live or die with Petty or Hackenberg. 

Will they have a wood chipper in the Meadowlands parking lot?

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

If I were Geno I wouldn't do it, but can you think of a better veteran jag than him .  He won't cost much, knows the system and he can be a Bridge to the youngsters.                                    

Some people never learn.

I don't think I'd give this administration another resource to spend on a QB. Not a draft pick nor a contract dollar. Let them live or die with Petty or Hackenberg. 

**** that, I'm getting old goddamnit!!! Them dying with these two piece of sh*t QB's means at least 2 more years before we then draft the next project that will take 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

**** that, I'm getting old goddamnit!!! Them dying with these two piece of sh*t QB's means at least 2 more years before we then draft the next project that will take 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no franchise QB's in this draft. Nothing even close. Its one year they give Bowles and Mac to develop one of these two picks. I think its a great idea.

There will be a veteran QB on the Jets next year.  I would have to think that if a QB unexpected drops to the Jets in the second or third round, they take him.

The state of the team/Woody's mind will be evident by the veteran they end up with.  If its a hold the fort guy, they would signal that they are trying to rebuild responsibility.  If its a last gasp veteran who would be playing behind no line, that means Woody is up to his old tricks.

I am feeling Jay Cutler next year.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

2 years on the job with minimal qb's to choose from is Mac's saving grace. Yet he needs to do something immediately.  Fitz replicating last year was a long shot. Can't see Hack or Petty taking over full time. He'll need to pull the trigger on signing an upgrade over Fitz.  Cutler? Romo? Cousins? Someone until they can figure when and if Hack will be the one.

If we've drafted two young QBs with nothing to show for it then there is no point throwing this coaching staff a third. I don't mean converting a fourth round pick or a second round project into a franchise QB--I mean nothing at all. There is no reason why a fourth round pick out of a decent college team in his third year (next year) is not at least a competent backup. Right now it doesn't even look like the coaching staff sees Petty as a guy they can plug into the offense and coast for a game. I don't even want to think about how far off Hackenburg might be from competing for a starting position. 

Just sign Glennon already, gamble on the upside, line R Anderson, and D Smith on the outside send them deep almost every play with Enunwa, Decker, and Marshall working the middle to intermediate routes. If that doesn't work you at least gave Bowles every chance to succeed talent wise, and you fire him, and blow the whole sh*t up.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

exactly. And for that reason, you can bet they're going to try reach for the stars. 

If by some miracle Cousins became a reality you get him, but no way Washington lets him go.

Sign Glennon, let him battle it out with Petty and Hackenberg.

There is a lot of talent in the first round this year. Real playmakers teams could be willing to trade for (Garret, Peppers, Allen, Fournette, Williams) hopefully someone wants to trade up with us and we get their first in 2018, with our own first that year should give us enough ammo to draft our QB in 2018, if 2017 produces nothing.

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Just sign Glennon already, gamble on the upside, line R Anderson, and D Smith on the outside send them deep almost every play with Enunwa, Decker, and Marshall working the middle to intermediate routes. If that doesn't work you at least gave Bowles every chance to succeed talent wise, and you fire him, and blow the whole sh*t up.

maybe not glennon but i like the idea.  the point is the jets have a seriously good group of receivers who need a qb to be able to get the ball to them.  that's why they shouldn't be so quick to cut marshall or decker.  maybe restructure.  and enunwa will be on the last year of his rookie contract.  the only downside is there aren't enough balls to go around.

We need to address the O-Line this offseason, whether that's via the draft or free agency. The team's best seasons came when the O-Line was dominant. 

If they're going to start a young and inexperienced QB (whether that's Petty, Hack, or someone like Glennon), it's imperative that he is well-protected. 

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

We need to address the O-Line this offseason, whether that's via the draft or free agency. The team's best seasons came when the O-Line was dominant. 

If they're going to start a young and inexperienced QB (whether that's Petty, Hack, or someone like Glennon), it's imperative that he is well-protected. 

Agree in my above Glennon idea, I'd also draft a OT, and BAP OL 1st, and 2nd round in the draft, and heavily invest in another during FA.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Build the offensive line for the next regime. Little easier to hit on a OL in the first and second round than a QB. 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Build the offensive line for the next regime. Little easier to hit on a OL in the first and second round than a QB. 

Hearing Oline won't be at the top of this draft which may be a good thing for the Jets. If we're picking anywhere from 3-5 and we trade down, I'll be pissed, we need playmakers so bad! 

Trade Sheldon for a 3rd. There's your extra pick. 

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Hearing Oline won't be at the top of this draft which may be a good thing for the Jets. If we're picking anywhere from 3-5 and we trade down, I'll be pissed, we need playmakers so bad! 

Trade Sheldon for a 3rd. There's your extra pick. 

Obviously we need a QB and could use a young premier running back. We have nice young wideouts that look like they will be something going forward. Tight end? Hell if this franchise ever picks a TE in the first round it should be immediately dissolved. Looking at Dalls just makes me think having an above average O line will make whatever playmakers we have or get become that much more effective. 

Archived