A man with a plan

LIJetsFan

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

We have cornered the market on bad QB's. Geno sucks too. Slate needs to be wiped clean at the position entirely.

Geno was efficient and played well in his past 2 cameos. He's currently our best QB and always has been. He has a chance to be a good one. That said, I'm not against drafting a QB in the 1st. Or even someone like Rudolph as QBOTF

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Really? He missed about 8 games in 2014 and how many this year?

And, really, he's not indispensable when you have young, cheaper talent.

Decker played 30 of 32 games in 2014 and 2015.

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I like the idea of resigning Geno, if only because one of the rare pleasures I get out of this team is watching virtual heads explode in here. 

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

1 minute ago, elgoman said:

Geno was efficient and played well in his past 2 cameos. He's currently our best QB and always has been. He has a chance to be a good one. That said, I'm not against drafting a QB in the 1st. Or even someone like Rudolph as QBOTF

He's terrible as is everyone else at the position. Move on.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure.  I was just responding to the idea of resigning him.  If that's the plan, then they ****ed up a long time ago.  This season (and I'll still argue last as well) should have been all about validating him.  Bringing him back would be just another long list of stupidity shown by this franchise. 

Validating what? He's started a ton of games for where he was picked and wasn't good. The quicker you move on from bad players the better.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

If Decker saves the Jets that much money, it's a no brainer.  They're actually quite deep at WR.  And he's an injury riddled pansy who sh*ts on his teammates not named Fitzpatrick. 

It's not that much money according to overthecap. It saves about 6 with 3 million in dead money. He's more cuttable with 7.5 million save with only 1.5 in dead money in 2018.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Validating what? He's started a ton of games for where he was picked and wasn't good. The quicker you move on from bad players the better.

I guess some people just disagree with you on principle then. I haven't seen Geno play in a good offense besides the last few games, and he was very accurate and efficient in this games. Nothing I saw from him would preclude my resigning him

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Again, my point is based on the idea they're resigning him.

I'm not going into that same boring argument of what if.  That wasnt my point. 

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It's not that much money according to overthecap. It saves about 6 with 3 million in dead money. He's more cuttable with 7.5 million save with only 1.5 in dead money in 2018.

Thanks.  18 makes more sense then...but if that money helps them next year, I wouldnt be upset with no Decker.  

Just now, Beerfish said:

Geno would be a horrible move, horrible.  Part of the reason to have a bridge guy is to show the younger guys how to prepare, how to play, how to handle things.  Geno is the Costanza of QB mentors.

Fitz shows QBs don't mentor anyone. Hackenberg and Petty still suck. And Geno wouldn't be  a mentor here. He'd be starter until the rookie is ready, if we draft a good one

2 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Fitz shows QBs don't mentor anyone. Hackenberg and Petty still suck. And Geno wouldn't be  a mentor here. He'd be starter until the rookie is ready, if we draft a good one

We have no clue in the world whether either of those guys suck.  We do know that Geno sucks.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have no clue in the world whether either of those guys suck.  We do know that Geno sucks.

Now you're changing your argument. You said before it's because Geno can't mentor. Now it's because he can't play. Sounds like your issues with Geno go beyond football.  

.Honestly, since Petty and Hackenbeg can't best Fitz or Geno in camp, we basically know they suck. Siemian beat out Lynch in Denver. Petty and Hack failed to do the same here. We don't know that about Geno until he starts

15 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Now you're changing your argument. You said before it's because Geno can't mentor. Now it's because he can't play. Sounds like your issues with Geno go beyond football.  

.Honestly, since Petty and Hackenbeg can't best Fitz or Geno in camp, we basically know they suck. Siemian beat out Lynch in Denver. Petty and Hack failed to do the same here. We don't know that about Geno until he starts

It's all 3.

Enough with smith and Fitz.  They are both gone

29 minutes ago, elgoman said:

Not in the least.  You said the other guys sucked I responded to that comment,  That is why I quoted you.

Geno is a poor mentor, of if you don;t want to use that world use example instead and we have seen two full years, about 3 camps and a couple of other games to see he is lousy.

That ship has sailed, he will be backing up in tampa next year.

Decker is very likeable and played great football last year.  His presence made the offense work much better, when he is healthy.

With a team that is supposed to be rebuilding, given his injuries, I think the risk that he comes back fully functioning is too great.   He should be cut.  If he fully heals and they can cut a new deal, that is fine.  

One of them should be back, not both.  In retrospect, having Marshall trim down may not have been smart.  He should add some muscle back,and let Smith and Anderson go deep.  hopefully they don't fumble.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not in the least.  You said the other guys sucked I responded to that comment,  That is why I quoted you.

Geno is a poor mentor, of if you don;t want to use that world use example instead and we have seen two full years, about 3 camps and a couple of other games to see he is lousy.

That ship has sailed, he will be backing up in tampa next year.

You said that Geno couldn't be -resigned because he can't mentor. Now you're saying it's because he sucks. You can't decide which argument to use and when. Why not just say Geno sucks from the outset? Because that argument wasn't convenient. Your issues likely go beyond football with Geno.

But pertaining to your "Geno can't mentor argument", mentoring doesn't happen at the QB position anyway. Rodgers said Favre didn't mentor him and was only concerned about starting. Peyton Manning "mentored" Osweiler for years and Osweiler is a bottom 5 QB. QB mentoring hence is a myth in the NFL. That means the question of whether Geno mentors has no bearing on his suitability as a QB here or anywhere else.

We have only seen 2 years of Geno starting with weapons all now gone from the league except Kerley. What we have seen with Geno with actual NFL weapons has been good.

Just now, elgoman said:

You said that Geno couldn't be -resigned because he can't mentor. Now you're saying it's because he sucks. You can't decide which argument to use and when. Your issues go beyond football with Geno, evidently.

Pertaining to your "Geno can't mentor argument", mentoring doesn't happen in the QB position. Rodgers said Favre didn't mentor him and was only concerned about starting. Peyton Manning "mentored" Osweiler for years and Osweiler is a bottom 5 QB. QB mentoring is a myth in the NFL, which means the question of whether Geno mentors has no bearing on his suitability as a QB here or anywhere else.

We have only seen 2 years of Geno starting with weapons all now gone from the league except Kerley. What we have seen with Geno with actual NFL weapons has been good.

Wait so is Fitzpatrick mentoring Petty and Hack?  If he is that explains why neither of them are NFL ready and basically suck at this point. 

Maybe we need to bring back Mark Brunell to hit them with pool noodles.  

This organization UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

18 minutes ago, elgoman said:

You said that Geno couldn't be -resigned because he can't mentor. Now you're saying it's because he sucks. You can't decide which argument to use and when. Why not just say Geno sucks from the outset? Because that argument wasn't convenient. Your issues likely go beyond football with Geno.

But pertaining to your "Geno can't mentor argument", mentoring doesn't happen at the QB position anyway. Rodgers said Favre didn't mentor him and was only concerned about starting. Peyton Manning "mentored" Osweiler for years and Osweiler is a bottom 5 QB. QB mentoring hence is a myth in the NFL. That means the question of whether Geno mentors has no bearing on his suitability as a QB here or anywhere else.

You're crazy.

Geno is a lousy example

Geno sucks

Geno will never get better

Geno will never amount to anything in this league.

Pick 1, or 2 or all of the above.  He stinks.  He has proven it time and again.  Nice arm. zero instincts, zero football brain.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You're crazy.

Geno is a lousy example

Geno sucks

Geno will never get better

Geno will never amount to anything in this league.

Pick 1, or 2 or all of the above.  He stinks.  He has proven it time and again.  Nice arm. zero instincts, zero football brain.

The same can be said about Ryan Fitzpatrick except for the nice arm. 

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Decker played 30 of 32 games in 2014 and 2015

whatever. for much of the 2014 he was injured. Whether he actually played or not. And then there's THIS YEAR.

He's NOT a No.1 anyway and we have cheaper, just as productive alternatives.

18 minutes ago, phill1c said:

whatever. for much of the 2014 he was injured. Whether he actually played or not. And then there's THIS YEAR.

He's NOT a No.1 anyway and we have cheaper, just as productive alternatives.

Played 15 games and was the leading receiver in 2014 with a horrid QB. 

He is not a pure number one, no but he's a 1b and he can play inside or outside. And you're right in that the Jets have cheaper alternatives. None of them are as productive as Decker has been for the previous two seasons for the Jets. That's laughable. 

Archived