Apple Mac Question.

joewilly12

Im not sure where to post this or if I'm allowed to post this if not moderator please delete.....

Does anyone know of a good clean up for a Mac desk top my system seems very slow. 

Someone recommended the clean up program on Speedtest.net 

Opinions from the computer savvy THANK YOU 

What year is your Mac? Is it an iMac or a laptop? Cleanmymac works good, and you should be able to use it on a trial basis. Onyx is another good clean up tool and I believe it's free.  Also try monolingual, its an app that will delete the hundreds of languages that you don't use, and I believe it'll also delete the manuals in different languages you don't use. It can save you a bunch of space. I believe it's free too.

38 minutes ago, rillo said:

What year is your Mac? Is it an iMac or a laptop? Cleanmymac works good, and you should be able to use it on a trial basis. Onyx is another good clean up tool and I believe it's free.  Also try monolingual, its an app that will delete the hundreds of languages that you don't use, and I believe it'll also delete the manuals in different languages you don't use. It can save you a bunch of space. I believe it's free too.

Its a 2014 or 2015. IMac. Thanks for the suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, rillo said:

You should check into upgrading your memory and/or your HD, makes a world of difference

I dont store any  music or pictures I don't game. Its a general use home base computer the family uses frequently in a convenient location for news, weather,recipes etc. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Its a 2014 or 2015. IMac. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Did you recently update to the newest version of OSX? If so, that's the problem.

I'm not telling you how to fix it. Maybe it'll impede your ability to spam the sh*t out of this board.

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Did you recently update to the newest version of OSX? If so, that's the problem.

I'm not telling you how to fix it. Maybe it'll impede your ability to spam the sh*t out of this board.

Not so sure what you mean but I did recently do an Apple upgrade to Sierra. 

No worries the slowness continues I buy a new system. 

Thanks 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Not so sure what you mean but I did recently do an Apple upgrade to Sierra. 

No worries the slowness continues I buy a new system. 

Thanks 

I have an old iMac too, loaded with RAM, the newest OSX just doesn't run well with the older models. I think it's a processor speed issue, but haven't been able to confirm it. I've read a lot of sh*t online about people with similar issues.

Only solution I know of right now is to wipe the hard drive, and go back to Mountain Lion or so. I'd confirm this before doing anything though. 

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I have an old iMac too, loaded with RAM, the newest OSX just doesn't run well with the older models. I think it's a processor speed issue, but haven't been able to confirm it. I've read a lot of sh*t online about people with similar issues.

Only solution I know of right now is to wipe the hard drive, and go back to Mountain Lion or so. I'd confirm this before doing anything though. 

Apple did the upgrade after multiple issues. 

Every time someone upgrades an I-Phone they have issues as well. 

Maybe its Apple's scam to get you to buy new equipment. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Apple did the upgrade after multiple issues. 

Every time someone upgrades an I-Phone they have issues as well. 

Maybe its Apple's scam to get you to buy new equipment. 

That strategy isn't exclusive to Apple, but there is definitely a track-record of it with them.

That said, I got 6 years out of my last iMac and MacBook Pro combo. Good luck.

That's odd, I have a 2011 Mac Pro stuffed with RAM (32GB) that I upgraded to El Capitan and it runs ridiculously faster than it did on Snow Leopard.

Archived