Report: Revis Confidant Says Darrelle is Done

JetNation

Revis' season has been a nightmare from the moment it started.

By Glenn Naughton

For much of the 2016 NFL season, many Jets fans and even casual observers have seen a noticeable lack of interest from Revis in his approach to bringing down opposing ball carriers.  Some have even wondered aloud if Revis’ play has slipped as a result of Revis making “business decisions” instead of football decisions, and according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, that’s exactly the case.

Mehta claims in this piece that a confidant of Revis made some comments about the cornerback that will have Jets fans blood boiling.

“He’s done,” a Revis confidant told the Daily News. “If he had his way, he’d be done right now. He doesn’t want to play anymore. He’s made a lot of money.”

While he can’t say for certain what Revis is thinking, the Revis confidant put the cornerback’s season this way: “He tanked it.”

While Mehta often draws the ire of Jets fans with his almost always “anonymous sources”, he has been right in the past regarding issues that are initially met with doubt.  Take for example, his trashing of Muhammad Wilkerson’s lack of dedication just a couple of months ago, only to see Wilkerson benched soon thereafter for, you guessed it, a lack of dedication by way of skipping out on meetings and practices.

Just a few days ago JetNation.com did this write upsaying it was time for the Jets to move on from Revis, but if Mehta is right, it seems Revis beat them to the punch.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
V0MPceay4nQ

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I would prefer he retires then watching him sign with the Bills, Fins or Patriots again

If he plays for them, the way he played for us this year, I would LOVE to see him sign with the Bills, Fins, or Pats.

So the REAL question is whether #24 will take the NOBLE road like Brick and "retire" which cleans the salary COMPLETELY off the books with NO CAP HIT or dead money for the following season? 

OR

Does Revis FORCE the Jets' hand, ONCE AGAIN, and make them cut him and have the Jets incur the consequences of a annoying contract to swallow?

Brick knew he wasn't playing to HIS standard and PAY GRADE and helped the Jets' cap space by retiring. Would Revis follow suit and do the RIGHT thing?

doubt it. :(

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

So the REAL question is whether #24 will take the NOBLE road like Brick and "retire" which cleans the salary COMPLETELY off the books with NO CAP HIT or dead money for the following season? 

OR

Does Revis FORCE the Jets' hand, ONCE AGAIN, and make them cut him and have the Jets incur the consequences of a annoying contract to swallow?

Brick knew he wasn't playing to HIS standard and PAY GRADE and helped the Jets' cap space by retiring. Would Revis follow suit and do the RIGHT thing?

doubt it. :(

Revis won't retire he's money hungry plus I think the real story is he wants to play for Belichick again.  He sees Bowles falling asleep on the sidelines and wants out

3 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Revis won't retire he's money hungry plus I think the real story is he wants to play for Belichick again.  He sees Bowles falling asleep on the sidelines and wants out

The Patriots wouldnt let Revis pay them to play for them ever again.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Like calvin johnson and the new breed of players, revis will retire at years end.  These guys are smart.  They are not going to risk serious damage for something as silly as which group of grown men are going to place an oblong pigskin over a white line more times then the other guys.

Somewhat weird you are on a football board then no?

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Revis is trying to get cut...He knows this team is going to be bad for the next few years..He gets cut, he still gets all this guaranteed money and he can go play for a winner..I hate the guy but he;s pretty damn clever..

And his sales pitch to these winners is going to be "yeah, I'm much better than I looked, I just didn't try all year"?  I don't think that's going to get many takers...

10 minutes ago, thshadow said:

And his sales pitch to these winners is going to be "yeah, I'm much better than I looked, I just didn't try all year"?  I don't think that's going to get many takers...

yeah really. i think the dude is just done. this game is hard to play for a long time. rb's and cb's seem to hit the wall the quickest

29 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Like calvin johnson and the new breed of players, revis will retire at years end.  These guys are smart.  They are not going to risk serious damage for something as silly as which group of grown men are going to place an oblong pigskin over a white line more times then the other guys.

For the Jets' Cap sake in 2017, I PRAY that Revis retires and wipes his bloated salary numbers off the books for 2017.

I SERIOUSLY question whether Revis has ANY REMOTE admiration for this franchise. #24  (like ALL-TIME JETS/All-WORLD CLASSY GENTLEMAN D'Brickshaw Ferguson) would DO RIGHT by retiring rather than FORCE the JETS to cut him. Considering the MILLIONS of $s he earned from this franchise - except for the 2nd year of his "Jets Reunion" contract- it would seriously be a d!ck move to FORCE the Jets to cut him instead of bow out gracefully alleviating cap space (with a/Thank you letter to Team and FANs as well) like #60 did. 

How can anyone on this board blame him?  

This team and organization are a mess from A-Z. He has tasted success he has a ring he knows how a real team operates.

Why should he go out on Sundays and break his neck when the team around him has all but quit and they suck mainly the coaching staff. 

This organization brought in nobody this off season to  help the secondary its a mess the LB corps is a mess but blame it all on Revis. 

First the hate was on Geno Smith now its all going to be directed towards Darrelle Revis probably a top 5 player to play for this organization....

Im telling you all theres more to this story...................all you guys that want Todd Bowles back he's poison he's the reason why we suck its quite evident the players don't want to play for him.  

What you see on the sidelines what you hear him say in the pressers is only a small does the players deal with him every damn day. 

Archived