My first Fanspeak mock draft....

Beerfish

Yeah it's early, too early but this season is in the tank.

1-5  Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

2-37 Cordrea Tankersly - CB - Clemson

3-69 Demarcus Walker - DE/OLB - FSU

5-147 Damontae Kazee - CB - San Diego State

6-184 Justin Jackson - RB - Northwestern

7-223 Andreas Knapp - OT/OG - UConn

On 12/1/2016 at 9:11 AM, Beerfish said:

Yeah it's early, too early but this season is in the tank.

1-5  Cam Robinson - OT - Alabama

2-37 Cordrea Tankersly - CB - Clemson

3-69 Demarcus Walker - DE/OLB - FSU

5-147 Damontae Kazee - CB - San Diego State

6-184 Justin Jackson - RB - Northwestern

7-223 Andreas Knapp - OT/OG - UConn

How Idzik of you. In a draft with 8-10 RB prospects who could be "the guy", you selected the most uninspiring of backs. 

Shaq Evans for the win!! 

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

How Idzik of you. In a draft with 8-10 RB prospects who could be "the guy", you selected the most uninspiring of backs. 

Shaq Evans for the win!! 

Well I would bet that your 8-10 guys will be gone by pick 184 in the 6th round.  You should be thankful I took a back considering our last number of front offices seem to hate that idea.

It's waaaay too early for mock drafts.

But what the hell, I did one anyways, just for sh*ts & giggles.

Round 1: Leonard Fournette - RB, LSU

Round 2: Deshone Kizer - QB, Notre Dame

Round 3: Jordan Leggett - TE, Clemson

Round 5: Zack Cunningham - LB, Vanderbilt

Round 6: Jamarco Jones - OT, Ohio St

Round 7: Kevin King - CB, Washington

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well I would bet that your 8-10 guys will be gone by pick 184 in the 6th round.  You should be thankful I took a back considering our last number of front offices seem to hate that idea.

yea, wouldn't debate that most of them would be gone before round 6.... so i'd like to see one between 1-3 to be honest. I get RBs don't hold the value that they used, but you still need to harvest some talent, and talent doesn't always hang around late in the draft. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

yea, wouldn't debate that most of them would be gone before round 6.... so i'd like to see one between 1-3 to be honest. I get RBs don't hold the value that they used, but you still need to harvest some talent, and talent doesn't always hang around late in the draft. 

I agree for sure, unfortunately this year we had about 4 spots we thought were solid that are now gaping holes.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:49 AM, King P said:

It's waaaay too early for mock drafts.

But what the hell, I did one anyways, just for sh*ts & giggles.

Round 1: Leonard Fournette - RB, LSU

Round 2: Deshone Kizer - QB, Notre Dame

Round 3: Jordan Leggett - TE, Clemson

Round 5: Zack Cunningham - LB, Vanderbilt

Round 6: Jamarco Jones - OT, Ohio St

Round 7: Kevin King - CB, Washington

This is a great mock. The only problem is that most of these guys won't be around where you have them going. I mean, who knows, its early, but this is unrealistic IMO.

1- Fournette should be there if we pick in the top 5. I think he will be the first RB off the board. But having said that, I would not use such a high draft pick on a RB. At least not for the Jets right now, who have O-line issues and a solid RB tandem in Forte and Powell. First you build an O-line, then you draft a stud RB. Just saying. I also like Cokk more so than Fournette. But that's just my opinion.

2- Kizer will surely be drafted in the first round. Not that he SHOULD be drafted that high. And it will depend highly on his stock right before the draft. But the QB position is so important that teams always reach- regardless of the talent. CHI, SF, and CLE all pick early and all need QBs desperately. CLE picks twice, making it that much more likely that they will take a QB at some point in the 1st.

3- Legget could very well be there early in the third. I actually like this kid a lot. He is a nice, balanced TE prospect. Big, strong, can block, soft hands. This is a good pick.

5- I LOVE Cunningham. I would be more than happy if the Jets cut Harris loose and drafted Cunningham as the future MLB for the Jets. But there is NO WAY he falls to the 5th. He would ave to have an injury or arrest or awful combine or something drastic for his stock to fall that far. I see him going in the 2nd round. Probably early second. And if his stock rises, a contender may take a chance on him late in the 1st. He's that good.

I think the Jets need to trade down into the late teens or 20's. This is a draft where there will be a ton of CB, Pass Rusher, LB, S, RB talent in the second round. If the Jets end up trading Richardson and end up with a 2nd rounder, a trade down would give them a total of 3 2nd round picks with a mid-late first. They may not get Fournette, Cook, C.Robinson or Tabor. But they might be able to get Ryan Ramczyk-OT, Q.Wilson-CB, Z.Cunningham-ILB and Tim Williams-OLB. Addressing some major needs in the first two rounds. If they end up with an extra 3rd due to the trade down, they can add a guy like D'Onta Foreman- RB and J.Leggett-TE. Its early and this may change but the possibilities are endless if the Jets can make a trade down happen. 

DId my first Fanspeak draft.

1. Jabrill Peppers- S/LB Michigan: SImple BPA. 

2. Ethan Pocic - C LSU: Mangold's getting long in the tooth and we need a replacement. He has also played tackle in the past

3. Luke Falk- QB WSU- Have heard NFL comparisons to Matt Hasselbeck. I think Mac will draft another QB in this draft.

No comp pick yet

5. Ryan Anderson- OLB Alabama- Edge rusher

6. Chidobe Awuzie- CB Colorado

7. Shock Linwood- RB Baylor

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2. Ethan Pocic - C LSU: Mangold's getting long in the tooth and we need a replacement. He has also played tackle in the past

3. Luke Falk- QB WSU- Have heard NFL comparisons to Matt Hasselbeck. I think Mac will draft another QB in this draft.

No comp pick yet

No OG, or OT?  Wes Johnson has been good no need to address Mangold.

IMO a 3rd round QB would be a certain mistake on this team.  Petty and Hackenberg are all potential, but we don't know much about either.  *Maybe* we will know about Petty by the end of the year.  To draft another QB it has to be either a guy they can stash on the practice squad or a sure thing.  A 3rd rounder is almost certainly not ready to start, but will have too much potential to stash.  No need to waste another roster spot.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No comp pick yet

If the Jets draft went this way, I'd seriously have to think Macc had no idea what he was doing.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

This draft is not high on OT's though. I know we needed to address the OL, so I took the highest ranked OL in the second round.

Mac needs to hit on some free agents.  Acquiring a CB and OT through free agency and adding a RT and another CB through the draft would go a long way into fixing this mess of a roster.  He needs to clean this roster up and create some cap space.  There's a variety of ways to address these concerns but seeing how he went about it over the last two years gives me about as much hope as Trump leading this country.        

Sure why not?

RD 1 - Teez Tabor CB, Florida - They need a CB. The end. It was down to him or Fournette but I think there are RBs later... Teez is a solid player and he plays angry, which I like. He's got the right attitude for the position and the skill to back it up.. There were also a couple DL and LBs on the board here, and if the Jets stuck with their "best on the board" stratgy, they could grab someone like Jon Allen who was still on the board... Kizer actually was too, but no thanks.

RD2 - Zach Cunningham LB, Vandy - Remember this name. I think he's going to fly up the draft boards. He's a big, fast, talented LB with really good coverage skills, and he stays with the play wherever it is. Really good player... Inside LB might not be a need, but if the Jets stick with the "best available" mantra, they should grab him. Pairing him with Lee on the inside would be pretty dynamite. 

RD3 - Gareon Conley CB, Ohio State - Another really smart CB. He watches and reads QBs and plays better than just about any CB you'll see. Most reports say he's best suited for zone type coverage's because he can close gaps quickly with his awareness. That might be perfect for the kind of defense game the Jets need to play. They could even try him at safety with a skill set like this. 

RD4 - Boy I hope Shell works out...

RD5 - Lewis Neil, Edge rusher, LSU - This dude is smart. He's actually a foreign currency exchange investor and stock investor with some real success. You can count on this guy to study and to want to succeed. On the football side he's solid. He's not the fatest or the biggest but he will get to the QB if you give him chances.

RD6 - Corey Clement RB, Wisconson - So I had to think about this pick for a bit. There was a saftey on the board I liked too, but I just wanted to get the Jets SOME offensive help in this draft... Clement is a bruiser who's going to lower his shoulder and run between the tackles and... That's about it... I think he's be a good understudy to have with Forte for a couple years, but basically drafting him is to have one "finesse" type back in Powell and then a bruiser in the back like Clement. He's not super special but he could turn into a good red zone type of guy, or a guy you put in when you need 2 yards for the 1st down... And he's been fairly durable which is good for this type of back.

RD7 - Jordan Sterns Saftey, Oklahoma - Sterns is interesting. He's always in the play, and he never misses a damn tackle.. But He's kind of stuck between being a CB and being a safety and that's kind of tough for a prospect... His size kind of doesn't translate to a CB or to a Safety.. But he plays hard, is always around the ball, and is a sure tackler... You can do worse with a 7th I think.

Overall:

Well ehhh... I actually like the players here. I really think Tabor and Cunningham would step in on game 1 and immediately make the Jets better, so I would be OK with those picks. This draft could give Jets a pair of CBs that could play together for years, and along with Lee give the Jets a LB situation that was solid at worst with a high ceiling... Then you get a guy who will at least give the Jets a blip of outside rushing to go along with Jenkins in Neil. Then Clement for those tough yard situations in a year or two, and a project in Sterns, who you could maybe pick a position for and try to mold him. The desire and talent is there with him, he just needs consistency in where they line him up... 

But still.. Ehhh... I really wanted more offense in here somewhere this season. You guys will probably see me type it 10,000 times between now and the beginning of next season, but I badly want a strong OL more than anything else. It's far and away my #1 Christmas wish for this team. I watch Dallas and I shed a small tear for how beautiful their line works...  I think it just transforms the whole team more than any other set of positions outside of QB, of course. The scouts say this draft is fairly deep at the tackle position, so to not even get one on the Jets board kind of sucked here...

I gave the Jets 2 CBs and a safety in this draft, and while overhauling that unit would be great, I'd still be disappointed that the OL wasn't addressed. I would have to hope the reason for a draft like this was because the Jets found some OL help in free agency or via trade again.

22 hours ago, NYDreamer said:
It bothers me that we don't have a 4th round pick:

YOUR PICKS 
1: R1P6

LB JABRILL PEPPERS
MICHIGAN
2: R2P6

LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA
3: R3P6

PAT ELFLEIN
OHIO STATE
4: R5P6

RB COREY CLEMENT
WISCONSIN
5: R6P6

OT ERIK MAGNUSON
MICHIGAN

jets will get a 4th rounder as compensation for losing snacks.   there was a reason they cut the Fa defense lineman Jarvis Jenkins.( figured in the compensation formula ).     

• 2 weeks later...

Sign me up for this one:

6: R1P6

OT CAM ROBINSON
ALABAMA
39: R2P7

LB JABRILL PEPPERS
MICHIGAN
70: R3P6

TE JAKE BUTT
MICHIGAN
136: R4P31

RB JAMES CONNOR
PITTSBURGH
151: R5P6

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON
192: R6P7

QB NATHAN PETERMAN
PITTSBURGH
227: R7P6

KYLE KALLS
MICHIGAN

Michigan fan...

Peppers in the 2nd and Butt in the 3rd are both great value picks, even at their positions, but Kallis is AWFUL. He shouldn't be drafted or even signed as an UDFA, he is horrible. 

As for the non-Michigan players, Robinson at 6 is a reach, Boulware in the 5th is interesting, and I know nothing about Pitt's QB. James Connor though...I'm honestly not sold on his NFL potential, but I love the story and hope he succeeds. I think we could do better with that pick though...

Also, FWIW, if we have Hack and Petty as our only 2 QB's and we add a rookie 6th round QB to complete the depth chart, we're screwed, lol. 

Just did another one...

Round 1: Deshaun Watson - QB, Clemson

Round 2: David Njoku - TE, Miami

Round 3: Alvin Kamara - RB, Tennessee

Round 4: Avery Gennessy - RB

Round 5: Carroll Phillips - DE/OLB

Round 6: Jadar Johnson - S, Clemson

Round 7: Jalen Myrick - CB, Minnesota

QB DESHAUN WATSON
CLEMSON

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

LB MATT MILANO
BOSTON COLLEGE

RB JOE YEARBY
MIAMI

I personally don't think O.J. is there in the 2nd but he was in this draft

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

CB JOURDAN LEWIS
MICHIGAN

CB DAMONTAE KAZEE
SAN DIEGO STATE

OT DAVID SHARPE
FLORIDA

I only mocked to R5 as I've barely scouted past the 2nd round at this stage. Obviously I think it's a genius piece of drafting.

:win:

I like this one:

EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M

OT CAM ROBINSON
ALABAMA

PAT ELFLEIN
OHIO STATE

EDGE BRYAN COX
FLORIDA

RB COREY CLEMENT
WISCONSIN

LB HARDY NICKERSON
ILLINOIS

QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS

I went into this one as Hackenberg as our starter,  I would take this in a heartbeat:

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

OT CAM ROBINSON
ALABAMA

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

CB KEVIN KING
WASHINGTON

ISAAC ASIATA
UTAH

EDGE BRYAN COX JR.
FLORIDA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

I know nothing about these players, purely just built on BPA via Fanspeak rankings and don't watch College football lol

QB MITCH TRUBISKY
NORTH CAROLINA

OT RYAN RAMCZYK
WISCONSIN

C ETHAN POCIC
LSU

EDGE DAESHON HALL
TEXAS A&M

TE ADAM SHAHEEN
ASHLAND

CB AARLON PENTON
MISSOURI

CB DWAYNE THOMAS
LSU

theres no way in hell this is possible but this draft is a dream scenerio rd 1-5

team-helmets-jets.png 
YOUR TEAM
NEW YORK JETS
YOUR PICKS

EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M
2: R2P7

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

C ETHAN POCIC
LSU
4: R4P31

CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
5: R5P6

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA
6: R6P7

OT WILL HOLDEN
VANDERBILT
7: R7P6

S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE

31 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

theres no way in hell this is possible but this draft is a dream scenerio rd 1-5

team-helmets-jets.png 
YOUR TEAM
NEW YORK JETS
YOUR PICKS

EDGE MYLES GARRETT
TEXAS A&M
2: R2P7

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

C ETHAN POCIC
LSU
4: R4P31

CB RASUL DOUGLAS
WEST VIRGINIA
5: R5P6

WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA
6: R6P7

OT WILL HOLDEN
VANDERBILT
7: R7P6

S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE

maybe we can find pics of garrett smoking weed through a gas mask?

WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON

TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

CB FABIAN MOREAU
UCLA

EDGE VINCE BIEGEL
WISCONSIN

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

FB FREDDIE STEVENSON
FLORIDA STATE

This is my favorite so far:

RB LEONARD FOURNETTE
LSU

OT GARETT BOLLES
UTAH

TE EVAN ENGRAM
MISSISSIPPI

ETHAN POCIC
LSU

CB FABIAN MOREAU
UCLA

LB BEN BOULWARE
CLEMSON

FB FREDDIE STEVENSON
FLORIDA STATE

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, JETSfaninNE said:

I know nothing about these players, purely just built on BPA via Fanspeak rankings and don't watch College football lol

QB MITCH TRUBISKY
NORTH CAROLINA

OT RYAN RAMCZYK
WISCONSIN

C ETHAN POCIC
LSU

EDGE DAESHON HALL
TEXAS A&M

TE ADAM SHAHEEN
ASHLAND

CB AARLON PENTON
MISSOURI

CB DWAYNE THOMAS
LSU

Sold /

Interesting drafts but I personally don't see how Cam Robinson or Ryan Ramczyk drop out of the 1st round as they have in a bunch of these mocks here... They're really the only possible LT prospects out there, and there are plenty of teams that need help on the line.

Archived