JETS are "giving away" DRAFT picks...

Paradis

The rage and frustration comes in waves. Today, the undulation is on a peak.

Mac can throw back Americanos till he sh*ts his pants, doesn't change that i've lost confidence in his ability to gauge QB talent. Pathetic.

51st pick.... FIFTY FIRST?!?! 

Speaking Thursday, Jets OC Chan Gaily called No. 4 QB Christian Hackenberg a "developmental player."

"There's a lot of talent there," Gailey claimed. "The sky's the limit. Still don't know." If the Jets truly believed the sky was the limit for the No. 51 overall pick, they would have already thrown him out there. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a failed state, Geno Smith is injured and Bryce Petty is not a legit NFLer. Hack seems on his way to joining Petty, which of course would surprise no one who watched his college film. The Jets have been straight up giving away draft picks the past few years.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of inference in that article. Having potential does not make someone capable of being a starter here and now, as the writer suggests.

Yes, the sky's the limit ... but that doesn't mention how low the floor is, which is what you want to avoid hitting my playing a guy too soon.

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Throwing in young QB's hasn't worked for us.  I'm A-O-K with redshirting a young non-first round QB.  Not starting Petty is another story.  But I'm actually happy to sit Hack, it can only help him, and also always me to hope for delayed gratification.

Sit him next year too... If he needs to refine his mechanics it may take a few years to be pro-ready... Maybe he fails in a couple years but he was the #1 High School Recruit for a reason. Steve Young would have and did fail for many years before he ended up playing into the Hall of Fame.

Not that I think hack is going to be good, but I don't agree with that article. Yes, you should be mindful of value, for obvious reasons, but If you want a guy, you go get that guy. I don't care for "mock position" or where a guy is expected to be at. You go after the guy you want. Unfortunately they wanted hack :(

28 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Sit him next year too... If he needs to refine his mechanics it may take a few years to be pro-ready... Maybe he fails in a couple years but he was the #1 High School Recruit for a reason. Steve Young would have and did fail for many years before he ended up playing into the Hall of Fame.

That's the problem. You don't take a guy like that in the 2nd round. Period. You take fliers on those guys in round 4 and beyond. It's a failure if he doesn't see the field in 2017. 

33 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Then he'll be a FA and move on to Miami

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Macc is the worst GM in the NFL he has proven nothing anywhere. 

Woody Johnson needs to fix this mess. 

Fire Macc and Bowles time to move on. 

Do you ever get tired of saying the same shlt over and over again? 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Wow... you couldn't be more wrong... Mac is not even close to the worst GM

Will be perhaps the worst pick of all of our failed 2nd rounders.  The part that is most disconcerting?  All we are hearing is that 'he is a developmental  guy which means he sucks badly right now.  And ZERO mention of an actual plan for the guy.  Gaily is basically ignoring him perhaps knowing he will be out of football by the time the guy is ready to do anything at all.  Just a massive reach, no one picks ultra project players, especially QBs in the 2nd round.

Was the linked....what is it, a forum post?  An article on some site?....supposed to be anything more ranting for ranting sake?

Everyone knew when we picked Hack he wasn't ready, even his biggest fans.  By definition "not ready" = Developmental.  So Chan said what coaches say about those types, we don't know yet.

I'm no Hack fan, but deciding he (and Petty too for that matter) are already "not legitimate NFL'ers" reeks of fan sperging, not an objective, measured analysis.  They might suck, but we lack evidence of that yet.  With Petty, we hope we'll get to see this year.

Hack, next year at the earliest, and no, Hack shouldn't have "been tossed out there" just because some ranting guy says so.  That would have been stupid for a guy who is clearly not ready at all yet.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Will be perhaps the worst pick of all of our failed 2nd rounders.  The part that is most disconcerting?  All we are hearing is that 'he is a developmental  guy which means he sucks badly right now.  And ZERO mention of an actual plan for the guy.  Gaily is basically ignoring him perhaps knowing he will be out of football by the time the guy is ready to do anything at all.  Just a massive reach, no one picks ultra project players, especially QBs in the 2nd round.

Then you're shooting for next year, right?:D

That could be.  I can't wait for the following to happen next year following the off season work outs.

"Christian has all the ability in the world but his mechanics are not what they should be so we are going to have him revamp all of his mechanics and red shirt this year."

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That could be.  I can't wait for the following to happen next year following the off season work outs.

"Christian has all the ability in the world but his mechanics are not what they should be so we are going to have him revamp all of his mechanics and red shirt this year."

LOL!   I know I'm in a huge minority on this board, but I really think Hack is gonna be the guy. And if it does take two years and he's ready to start at the age of 23, and be here for 10-12 years, I think we'd all take that.In a heartbeat.

Just now, section314 said:

LOL!   I know I'm in a huge minority on this board, but I really think Hack is gonna be the guy. And if it does take two years and he's ready to start at the age of 23, and be here for 10-12 years, I think we'd all take that.In a heartbeat.

I hope to God that you are right. 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I'll be super happy if you are right, if you are it will almost be a 1st in QB development in the NFL.  Most often you have a limited time to impress in this league and if you don;t show true starter potential pretty early you get passed by, especially if there is a change in regime.

Hack reminds me too much of another guy Mac may have had a hand in drafting, that being Tom Savage who is still 2nd or 3rd string in Houston and no one seems to think he is good enough to be the guy.  Savage and Hack are very much alike build wise, arm wise and the fact they had challenges in college.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

were you even around when bradway was gm?  how about mike hickey?  idzik?  give mac a break.  it's his first gm job and he really hasn't done all that bad.

Just now, rangerous said:

were you even around when bradway was gm?  how about mike hickey?  idzik?  give mac a break.  it's his first gm job and he really hasn't done all that bad.

Yes what has done thats so amazing?  Please do tell. Currently we are one of the worst teams in the NFL we have many glaring needs. 

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

at some point they will have to fish or cut bait when it comes to hack.  i don't think anyone thought the season would go this way.  they kept 4 qb's precisely to keep hack on the roster.  things fell apart.  it happens.  cincy has the friggin red ryder at qb and they're a half game up on the jets.  the point is last season they over acheived and this season they're not.

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes what has done thats so amazing?  Please do tell. Currently we are one of the worst teams in the NFL we have many glaring needs. 

you know what? i'm not sure what you are expecting.  i don't think anyone does.  we fans tend to be too quick with the axe when it comes to the jets.  both parcells and the bellichicken were/are pretty bad when it comes to draft picks yet they managed to field some pretty successful teams.  and please don't think the patsie success is all because of tommy boy.  he's part but go look at the successful teams and see that it's truly a game of inches.  and like the game it takes time.  even mac's draft picks don't deserve to be judged until their 3rd season yet we see an awful lot of bashing hack and petty.  enough is enough.  when mac trades a 1st rounder for the likes of doug jolley then i'll start worrying.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

The rage and frustration comes in waves. Today, the undulation is on a peak.

Mac can throw back Americanos till he sh*ts his pants, doesn't change that i've lost confidence in his ability to gauge QB talent. Pathetic.

51st pick.... FIFTY FIRST?!?! 

Jets have wasted picks on QBs before. Calm down

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

you know what? i'm not sure what you are expecting.  i don't think anyone does.  we fans tend to be too quick with the axe when it comes to the jets.  both parcells and the bellichicken were/are pretty bad when it comes to draft picks yet they managed to field some pretty successful teams.  and please don't think the patsie success is all because of tommy boy.  he's part but go look at the successful teams and see that it's truly a game of inches.  and like the game it takes time.  even mac's draft picks don't deserve to be judged until their 3rd season yet we see an awful lot of bashing hack and petty.  enough is enough.  when mac trades a 1st rounder for the likes of doug jolley then i'll start worrying.

Ok so what has done thats so positive and would give us hope that he is or he's going to be a good GM....

Archived