JETS are "giving away" DRAFT picks...

Paradis

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Well, HE isn't. A guy who has owned a team for more than a decade did. And it was TWO offseasons, which is when the GM does most of his work.

Did Macc deserve to be fired after last season?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Macc is in his 2nd season. 

He is so inept he cant even address a kick returner position and fans want a franchise QB from him...

Yes, Macc is in his 2nd season, but as I asked above, should Macc have been fired after last season?

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Yes, Macc is in his 2nd season, but as I asked above, should Macc have been fired after last season?

Last season was a fluke football fans know the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. 

This team has too many weak spots and lacks depth I'm not at all impressed by Macc or am I confident he can fix this mess.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Last season was a fluke football fans know the Jets had the easiest schedule in the NFL. 

This team has too many weak spots and lacks depth I'm not at all impressed by Macc or am I confident he can fix this mess.

Really?  You actually think the GM Woody handpicks himself to replace Mac might be better?

Talent wise the roster is not that bad the HC and QB are horrible

17 hours ago, C Mart said:

So in other words like last year. 

So because Revis has checked out and Mo got a fat contract and got fat the whole team has quit? Tell Leo, Lee, WJohnson, Winters, QE, Marsh, Mauldin,Harris,Roberts,Powell, Carp, McClndn, Simon, etc..they have quit. 

When Revis and Mo appear to have quit and they are the team leaders that sets the tone for everyone else. The best thing the coach did was sit Mo for missing the meeting, but it might have been to little to late. the players should take the lead from the coach but a lot of times the way your best players play game in and game out  should tell quite a bit about what the players perceive

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

When Revis and Mo appear to have quit and they are the team leaders that sets the tone for everyone else. The best thing the coach did was sit Mo for missing the meeting, but it might have been to little to late. the players should take the lead from the coach but a lot of times the way your best players play game in and game out  should tell quite a bit about what the players perceive

So why haven't the players I listed quit? Or are you saying they did quit until Mo was benched? If that's the case you are saying Harris, Carp, Winters, QE quit earlier? 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Was Tanny that bad? We made it to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row. 

We mortgaged the future and lost.  His release of Cotchery, signing of Holmes  and Sanchez to crippling deals show he treated the team like a board game.

we could have resigned Edwards and Cotch for less than a song.   Sanchez was never the same when those two departed. 

21 hours ago, David Harris said:

It is sound logic, but there is no formula- all that matters is the end result. Whether or not 5-6 years from now Hack is still a QB1 for the jets.  Start em, sit em, I don't care- Luck #1 overall, Dak in the 4th, Rodgers sitting 3 years, Stafford taking 6 years to develop....if you think a QB has any chance to be a 10 year starter, take any road, it's worth any price.

imagine, really imagine, what it'd be like to have a ten year starter at QB. A solid centerpiece.  It is the keystone, not finding that guy is why all our drafts are so bad, why we nitpick each and every guy to death- because all other positions don't matter as much when you have that guy elevating everybody else, making up for their mistakes.  Take Brady and BB out of NE and that team is bad, no OL, no sig outside receivers, a D with almost no difference makers.

if Hack could be that guy or anything close I don't care how long it takes.  

If we didn't draft him in the second, what are we going to take another CB? Is that going to change the tides of fortune for this franchise.  Hackenberg alone has the power to do that. He may not, but that chance created by his pick is more valuable than any other 58th ranked prospect in a draft.

Fine but how many developmental QBs can one franchise have?  We had 4 QBs on this roster and it seems the coaching staff really only has confidence in Ftiz and Geno.  Now is the time for a kid to play but it sounds like Bowles doesn't want to play Petty even though he's been here for almost 2 years.  Are we going to go into next year w/ Petty as the #2 and Hack the #3 and bring in a veteran like Cutler/Romo?  How awful would that be?  Is Macc going to draft another developmental QB in this draft too so we can use 4 slots on QBs and have only 1 guy with any experience on the roster??  As far as I can see, Petty's time should be right now.  If he can't show promise to be at least a #2 QB then the Jets probably have to cut him. We can't fill up 2 spots with developmental QBs who the CS has zero faith in.  And the CS should have broken down Hack's mechanics THIS YEAR.  What in the world were they waiting for?!  There's no salary cap on spending on coaches.  They should have had a QB guru working with him all year long.

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fine but how many developmental QBs can one franchise have?  We had 4 QBs on this roster and it seems the coaching staff really only has confidence in Ftiz and Geno.  Now is the time for a kid to play but it sounds like Bowles doesn't want to play Petty even though he's been here for almost 2 years.  Are we going to go into next year w/ Petty as the #2 and Hack the #3 and bring in a veteran like Cutler/Romo?  How awful would that be?  Is Macc going to draft another developmental QB in this draft too so we can use 4 slots on QBs and have only 1 guy with any experience on the roster??  As far as I can see, Petty's time should be right now.  If he can't show promise to be at least a #2 QB then the Jets probably have to cut him. We can't fill up 2 spots with developmental QBs who the CS has zero faith in.  And the CS should have broken down Hack's mechanics THIS YEAR.  What in the world were they waiting for?!  There's no salary cap on spending on coaches.  They should have had a QB guru working with him all year long.

this is spot on.  I too dont understand why Bowles has no one on his staff devoted to working on Hackenbergs mechanics all season long.  WTF?  For some reason they have to wait untill after the season?   WTF_F_F?!  Sounds like very poor management.  

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

So why haven't the players I listed quit? Or are you saying they did quit until Mo was benched? If that's the case you are saying Harris, Carp, Winters, QE quit earlier? 

I am saying this entire team has been a let down on the effort stand point including the players you listed because the effort has not been consistent, they have made bone headed plays-winters, older and can't play at the same level -harris, qb play has let QE down, and general poor line play has not helped carp take that step forward. the players you listed are not leaders yet or are older and have lost a step. You needed Mo and revis to step up and they have not.

The players you listed are not impact players yet, or may never be more then decent starters. You needed your stars to show up and they have not. these players take the lead from the start on the team and the stars have not shown up. That is why i question the coach the players he needed to make sure to show up just have not

11 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

the thing about hack that you can't say about most qbs coming out of college is that he successfully ran a true pro offense, as a freshman no less.  

No he didn't. 

He was promising for SMALL window of time in his freshman year. Then he sucked. Then he sucked some more. Now he's gone and the Nitany Lions are in the big 10 championship.

SPLASH some cold water on your faces. He's ALWAYS been bad. He's not a pro QB... No ones ever been as sloppy as Hack with Accuracy and Decision making, and become a legit starter. 

It's over, and it should have never started. 

Petty's time should be right now. If he can't show promise to be at least a #2 QB then the Jets probably have to cut him. We can't fill up 2 spots with developmental QBs who the CS has zero faith in.
Agree, except I think we definitely have to cut him if he hasn't proven ro them that he can at least be a backup. And if that's the case, pissed poor judgement on them- they should have tried to get him on the PS, risk was apparently not all that great.

And the CS should have broken down Hack's mechanics THIS YEAR.  What in the world were they waiting for?!  There's no salary cap on spending on coaches.  They should have had a QB guru working with him all year long.
1000% agree. He should have been Tom House's roommate every chance possible from the day he was drafted.

22 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We mortgaged the future and lost.  His release of Cotchery, signing of Holmes  and Sanchez to crippling deals show he treated the team like a board game.

we could have resigned Edwards and Cotch for less than a song.   Sanchez was never the same when those two departed. 

Ummm Great Post...

Why is this even debated anymore?

When you are replacing performing WRs like Edwards with folks out of prison and Chaz et company you shouldn't have a job as a GM anymore!!!

I think one of the dirty little secrets of Woody is the way he looks like the coaching/staff budget.  I think he tries to limit it as much as he can.  He looks for first time coaches and appears to limit who they can hire as assistants.  If the Jets expect to be better next year, they need a developmental QB coach and a better DC to work with Bowles.  Bowles and Kacy Rodgers was not getting it done.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I think one of the dirty little secrets of Woody is the way he looks like the coaching/staff budget.  I think he tries to limit it as much as he can.  He looks for first time coaches and appears to limit who they can hire as assistants.  If the Jets expect to be better next year, they need a developmental QB coach and a better DC to work with Bowles.  Bowles and Kacy Rodgers was not getting it done.

I think its more because he can maintain a bit of control over the coach.

Archived