R.I.P. Joe McKnight

maury77

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am not in law enforcement but I am going to guess that the in the state of Louisiana if it enraged individual reaches into your car and threatens you with bodily harm you are allowed to shoot in self-defense. It is the only plausible explanation I can think of right now.

SAR I

Yeah that and his right foot inexplicably became paralyzed so he HAD to shoot instead of just stepping on the gas to GTFO.

28 minutes ago, cant wait said:

What's even more confusing is how come the guy who shot will smith in NO earlier this year is in jail, and this guy is free to go ?

That case also involved will smith's wife being shot among other differences.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Yeah that and his right foot inexplicably became paralyzed so he HAD to shoot instead of just stepping on the gas to GTFO.

I have no idea, but since this happened at a traffic light, the shooter could have very well been boxed in

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Agreed. 

And what becomes of the witness who said a few sentences last night that could have led to a catastrophe and certainly set millions of people across the country off?  

Are there any laws against people with an agenda deliberately misrepresenting the truth and in doing so touching off a potentially riotous situation? 

SAR I

O.W. Holmes' opinion of Schenck v. United States SHOULD apply in this scenario considering the current societal environment is about as flammable as can be in the last 20-25 years (Rodney King, then OJ).

It should be considered Dangerous and FALSE Speech, all the more so, when it GETS PRINTED in a NewsPAPER. The fibbing b!tch should be arrested for KNOWING that her false claims to a printed newspaper would incite another Ferguson or Baltimore-scale riot in NOLA.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I don't understand how someone could shoot an unarmed man, murder him in the street, and be released without charges the next day. 

44 minutes ago, jetophile said:

There is no way that he doesn't. Joe McKnight is dead, and somebody shot him. 

Agree. It WILL  BE Manslaughter in the 3rd Degree. Not prior intention and possible it was done in an act of passion (fear) under circumstances where a "reasonable" person would be "pushed" to an emotional point and reaction that they would commit this killing. It wasn't premeditated but he also could have just accelerated the car and sped off. 

6 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Agree. It WILL  BE Manslaughter in the 3rd Degree. Not prior intention and possible it was done in an act of passion (fear) under circumstances where a "reasonable" person would be "pushed" to an emotional point and reaction that they would commit this killing. It wasn't premeditated but he also could have just accelerated the car and sped off. 

Only problem is that LA is a "Stand your ground" state, need I remind everyone of another case where that was involved? 

13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

O.W. Holmes' opinion of Schenck v. United States SHOULD apply in this scenario considering the current societal environment is about as flammable as can be in the last 20-25 years (Rodney King, then OJ).

It should be considered Dangerous and FALSE Speech, all the more so, when it GETS PRINTED in a NewsPAPER. The fibbing b!tch should be arrested for KNOWING that her false claims to a printed newspaper would incite another Ferguson or Baltimore-scale riot in NOLA.

So, because the story has been "confirmed" [after plenty of time to fabricate whatever it takes to get this white man off of a death row gurney] by the white establishment, it's all good now...

Just saying, I can't imagine why there aren't so many more white men being confronted in the Heart of Dixie, considering that LSU plays there. I mean, wow, the guy WITH THE GUN is supposed to have been the victim and the angry guy had no weapon?! McKnight, a guy most people said was a happy go lucky man, went to a gun fight with...himself?

This story fits the narrative you all want to hear.

And, surprise, there's no ban on political statements as long as it's YOU making them.

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

So, because the story has been "confirmed" [after plenty of time to fabricate whatever it takes to get this white man off of a death row gurney] by the white establishment, it's all good now...

Just saying, I can't imagine why there aren't so many more white men being confronted in the Heart of Dixie, considering that LSU plays there. I mean, wow, the guy WITH THE GUN is supposed to have been the victim and the angry guy had no weapon?! McKnight, a guy most people said was a happy go lucky man, went to a gun fight with...himself?

And, surprise, there's no ban on political statements as long as it's YOU making them.

lol. I know YOU liked how the original story was playing out. hate crime. execution style. that was fitting your narrative. additional information is coming out and you don't like it and cant accept it. keep watching cnn and msnbc. they seem to be working wonders on you psyche

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

right so send the witness to jail, and let the shooter go home. you don't know how or why this shooting happened, and you don't know if any witness has an agenda. and since you're so concerned about "setting off millions of people" you should just bite your tongue for now

I am specifically referring to one of the only facts we actually know in the case:

That the woman who said McKnight was "on the ground" and "apologizing" was lying to the media.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Hear hear.  This agenda-driven lying needs to stop.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, phill1c said:

The woman lied, it undermines progress that can be made toward better nationwide racial relations, and this doesn't bother you?

If the goal is to stop police and racial brutality, doesn't this set that movement back?  Credibility matters, especially to those who don't think there is any problem.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

22 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Only problem is that LA is a "Stand your ground" state, need I remind everyone of another case where that was involved? 

Here in NC and almost every state (thats a lot, including LA) where we have a reciprocity on conceal law, the shooter walks IF and IF is huge, McNight tried to drag him from the car or even reach in and assault him.  Thats enough to support the stand your ground law.  

21 minutes ago, ylekram said:

lol. I know YOU liked how the original story was playing out. hate crime. execution style. that was fitting your narrative. additional information is coming out and you don't like it and cant accept it. keep watching cnn and msnbc. they seem to be working wonders on you psyche

I trust those 'news' sources like I trust you. that is to say, "not at all".

It's LA and a white man shot an UNARMED black man. OF COURSE it couldn't be a hate crime because LA whites don't hate successful black men.

Anywhoo, I appreciate your concern for my psyche, which seems a genuine as these "facts" that come out after many hours elapse.

I love Americans: they admit we have race problems, but there's never an instance of one.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I am not in law enforcement but I am going to guess that the in the state of Louisiana if it enraged individual reaches into your car and threatens you with bodily harm you are allowed to shoot in self-defense. It is the only plausible explanation I can think of right now.

SAR I

No.  You'd have to have a reasonable belief that you're about to get killed.  If someone attacks me with a plastic knife, I can't pull out my gun and start unloading.  

4 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

No.  You'd have to have a reasonable belief that you're about to get killed.  If someone attacks me with a plastic knife, I can't pull out my gun and start unloading.  

Yes you can IF you believe it is a real knife and you tried to back away and gave the assailant opportunity to stop.  That's the law in most states.    Bodily harm and stand your ground do not mention getting killed.  

So....  I can let a guy beat me with a bat because I probably won't die? Think it through. You have shown yourself to be a pretty smart guy. 

9 minutes ago, phill1c said:

I trust those 'news' sources like I trust you. that is to say, "not at all".

It's LA and a white man shot an UNARMED black man. OF COURSE it couldn't be a hate crime because LA whites don't hate successful black men.

Anywhoo, I appreciate your concern for my psyche, which seems a genuine as these "facts" that come out after many hours elapse.

I love Americans: they admit we have race problems, but there's never an instance of one.

phil, your lost. keep watching the main stream media. you are being lied to and don't even know it. its typical of black guys who believe the world is against them. even tho themselves have never experienced real racism. because someone called you a racial slur a few times in your life, doesn't prove sh*t. cop shooting civilian numbers havnt changed in decades. white or black. but lately its a hot topic. ask yourself why? you state you live in a very diversified white area. do you get along with  your white neighbors? are they burning crosses? do they refuse to let their white kids play with your black kids? or do you acquire your racial resentment from the media?

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummm this!!

Insane!!!

Agreed...that's what he should have done.  Assuming he could.  But  stand your ground  disagrees.  An assailant has no right to reach in a car.  But let's wait for the facts.  This is just terrible for all involved. 

12 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

so if your wife has a gun, and is cornered by some rapist, who states that "i wont kill you, I just want to rape you", she shouldn't shoot?

22 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummm this!!

Insane!!!

Meh. I had someone a couple years ago follow me(up my ass for a few miles) because I accidentally cut him off while I was lost. Eventually I got to a red light, this maniac jumps out of his car and runs toward mine...luckily I was the first car at the red light and booked it. If I was boxed in who the hell knows what happens or what the guy does.

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am specifically referring to one of the only facts we actually know in the case:

That the woman who said McKnight was "on the ground" and "apologizing" was lying to the media.

SAR I

Yes and inaccuracies in a report doesn't mean there's necessarily an agenda behind them. The only thing forensics proved is that he wasn't shot while on the ground. You don't know what else happened and to claim it's all lies does nothing but further your specific agenda

39 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

There is a distinction in LA law though, that applies the use of force as appropriate in cases of potential carjacking. If the shooter gets off, my guess is that this will be the claim 

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed...that's what he should have done.  Assuming he could.  But  stand your ground  disagrees.  An assailant has no right to reach in a car.  But let's wait for the facts.  This is just terrible for all involved. 

Thanks.....

I am tired of violence of any kind, whether McKnight started it by trying to intimidate this guy, that was crazy in and of itself.

And if the motorist shot him in fear and didn't retreat we just can't be those people.

Enough of the hurting each other, we don't have time or we will end up losing this great country......

200.gif#3

Max wants us to be here for you guys. Please understand This is a thread to mourn an ex-Jet who was killed and will be missed. Please stop turning into a racial discussion. Not the place for it. If you must talk about it please find a suitable group or forum. This really isn't it. I'm not locking it right now but imagine I probably will. RIP Joe McNight you died too soon. 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks.....

I am tired of violence of any kind, whether McKnight started it by trying to intimidate this guy, that was crazy in and of itself.

And if the motorist shot him in fear and didn't retreat we just can't be those people.

Enough of the hurting each other, we don't have time or we will end up losing this great country......

200.gif#3

Well said. Thank you. 

Stand your ground laws actually address this. For example, say McKnight is screaming "I'm gonna kill you" while tugging on the door.....you do not know if he (McKnight) has a gun. You start to drive away and he empties a clip into your can, hitting you in the back of the head. If you can prove genuine fear for your life you have every right to take deadly action.

I don't agree with the law, and I do not like guns, but that is the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So senseless. Over a traffic incident.  He was just a kid and had his life wiped away.  You have to be so careful nowadays especially in states that allow a person to carry a gun.  In NY you have a gun on you w/o proper authorization and off to jail you go.  In these other gun happy states, these type of killings are more than common and often overlooked, rationalized and swept under the rug.  And of course we now have a rise in cops shooting people at the hint of them even having a gun.  These gun laws need to be more strictly enforced.  With yours truly now in place, guns will not only be applauded but encouraged.  This country is getting sh*ttier by the day.  Its been a tough year to be a Jets fan. First Byrd, then McKnight and now Boose.  Things come in threes. :(  Hopefully his life does not go wasted and someone learns from this and drives away.  RIP Joe McK 

52 minutes ago, ylekram said:

phil, your lost. keep watching the main stream media. you are being lied to and don't even know it. its typical of black guys who believe the world is against them. even tho themselves have never experienced real racism. because someone called you a racial slur a few times in your life, doesn't prove sh*t. cop shooting civilian numbers havnt changed in decades. white or black. but lately its a hot topic. ask yourself why? you state you live in a very diversified white area. do you get along with  your white neighbors? are they burning crosses? do they refuse to let their white kids play with your black kids? or do you acquire your racial resentment from the media?

Holy crap that is ignorant and condescending

Archived