Belichick's hatred of the Jets will keep us from landing the perfect QB

joewilly12

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Huh? When did he lead the Giants and Patriots to SBs as HC w/o Brady?

Look at his record w/ and w/o Brady.  It’s pretty clear.  Brady rescued that franchise and BB’s HC career.  That doesn’t mean he’s not a great HC, he has developed into one but he never gets that chance if Brady doesn’t save him.

No one thought BB was a winner until he got Brady which was why the Jets didn’t fight to keep him and everyone bashed BB for the move and though the Jets made out.

On the “Browns announcing the move” thing:

Modell made the announcement on November 6th or 7th, just a day or 2 after Cleveland lost to Houston 37-10 to fall to 4-5.  Could they have gone on a run? Sure but this notion that the announcement of the move sabotaged a would be great season was 100% false.  They were not a good team up until that point.  They had lost 4 of 5 culminating w/ that destruction be a mediocre Oiler team.

What is Parcells record without BB? BB is a great coach and a great head coach. But hey if you want to keep believing he wasn't one or wouldnt have been one without Brady, go ahead.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RSJ said:

What is Parcells record without BB? BB is a great coach and a great head coach. But hey if you want to keep believing he wasn't one or wouldnt have been one without Brady, go ahead.

Parcells turned around NE and Dallas w/o Belichick and both franchise were terrible when he got there.  w/o BB despite taking over awful franchises he has 3 playoff apps so he's been better than BB w/ Brady, right?

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells turned around NE and Dallas w/o Belichick and both franchise were terrible when he got there.  w/o BB despite taking over awful franchises he has 3 playoff apps so he's been better than BB w/ Brady, right?

Dallas? lol Yeah ok. Just like when you used to tell us how great Herm was.

12 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Dallas? lol Yeah ok. Just like when you used to tell us how great Herm was.

Dallas was a joke when he arrived, they were 5-11 3 straight years.  He came in and in year 1 they went 10-6 and made the playoffs w/ QUINCY CARTER at QB.  If you are keeping score at home Bill Parcells has made the playoffs w/ the following QBs:

Phil Simms- won SB

Jeff Hostetler- won SB

Drew Bledsoe- reached SB

Vinny Testaverde

Quincy Carter

Tony Romo

BB has made the playoffs w/ the following QBs:

Vinny Testaverde

Tom Brady- won 4 SBs

When BB had younger Vinny he was WC team and lost in div rd, w/ BP Vinny led us to franchise record for wins, 1st AFC east title and title game app

w/ Bledsoe BP reached SB, BB went 5-13

8 hours ago, Skeptable said:

So he is better then what we have... is that the criteria? That's disgusting... every qb in the league then fits the bill

I'm not saying that's the only criteria, but the position is one we have to improve upon, and choices will likely be limited.

I want no part of another veteran stop-gap like Romo, Cutler ... these guys have a much greater chance of regressing than improving. Glennon at least has a question over his potential, a chance that he could be better than what we've seen so far. And on the rare occasions he's entered the game he's done well, unlike the usual excuse-fest here of "well, he didn't get to practice with the starters" when a backup under performs. (Interesting fact - go to NFL.com QB stats page and rank on QB rating ... you'll never guess who's top ;-)).

On December 2, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Bugg said:

Tom Brady is going to be 40 next August.He will not play forever. He has already made a ton of money, and the ad income won't stop any time soon. Does it occur to Mehta in yet another imbecilic invented nonstory (which is really all he writes these days) that perhaps 1. Brady or any such old QB is close to the end and 2. the Pats  would like to hang on to Garrapolo? 

All fair points but if Belichick gets offered a first rd pick + more I think he takes it

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Dallas was a joke when he arrived, they were 5-11 3 straight years.  He came in and in year 1 they went 10-6 and made the playoffs w/ QUINCY CARTER at QB.  If you are keeping score at home Bill Parcells has made the playoffs w/ the following QBs:

Phil Simms- won SB

Jeff Hostetler- won SB

Drew Bledsoe- reached SB

Vinny Testaverde

Quincy Carter

Tony Romo

BB has made the playoffs w/ the following QBs:

Vinny Testaverde

Tom Brady- won 4 SBs

When BB had younger Vinny he was WC team and lost in div rd, w/ BP Vinny led us to franchise record for wins, 1st AFC east title and title game app

w/ Bledsoe BP reached SB, BB went 5-13

So BB has made it to the playoffs with Ryan Mallet T Brady and Vinny T. He only coached 5 QB's! He can't help that. He was a good coach with the Browns until they announced the move. Three of his QB's got to the playoffs with him. And you are trying to tell me he isn't a great coach? He was also the DC for all those good Parcells teams. Parcells never made it to a Super Bowl without BB.  I don't even consider Dallas one of Parcells good teams. They squeaked into the playoffs with a weak schedule and got bounced. Look, I get it, you don't like BB. It's not going to change his first ballot HOF status, or his ranking as one of the 5 best coaches ever. Thats not just me saying this. It's 80% of all fans. You used to give the same irrational arguments at TGG when you thought Herm was just as good as Parcells.

14 hours ago, RSJ said:

So BB has made it to the playoffs with Ryan Mallet T Brady and Vinny T. He only coached 5 QB's! He can't help that. He was a good coach with the Browns until they announced the move. Three of his QB's got to the playoffs with him. And you are trying to tell me he isn't a great coach? He was also the DC for all those good Parcells teams. Parcells never made it to a Super Bowl without BB.  I don't even consider Dallas one of Parcells good teams. They squeaked into the playoffs with a weak schedule and got bounced. Look, I get it, you don't like BB. It's not going to change his first ballot HOF status, or his ranking as one of the 5 best coaches ever. Thats not just me saying this. It's 80% of all fans. You used to give the same irrational arguments at TGG when you thought Herm was just as good as Parcells.

except for the fact that he didn't.  he has only made it w/ Brady and Vinny.

he also coached Drew Bledsoe.  Bledsoe made a SB w/ Parcells, went 5-13 w/ BB

he also coached Cassell.  Cassell won division w/ KC, couldn't get undefeated NE team to playoffs w/ weak sched

he also coached Bernie Kosar, couldn't get to playoffs w/ QB that led Cle to 3 title games

he also coached Mike Tomczak who started playoff games for Bears and QBd Pitt to playoffs

BP led Dallas to the playoffs twice

BB is an all time great, I have never said otherwise but the facts are he was a failure w/o Brady.  he developed into a great HC but w/o Brady rescuing his HC career he doesn't get that chance.  he'd be a DC somewhere today if not for Brady but he's still an all time great- I just don't believe the greatest.  the greatest can win w/ more than just the best QB of all time.

Archived