Maybe McCagnan and Bowles really are on the same page

Persiussa

I'm just gonna put this as simply as I can and not say it with too many words.

everyone wants to see petty and hackenberg get some playing time because we all want to make a snap decision and judge these guys very quickly since we're looking to have a high 1st round pick. not many people think either of these QBs are worth anything and in reality most of the fan base just wants to affirm their belief that our next QB isn't on the roster.  If they play a few games now and don't look great right away the fan base is ready to turn the page. I don't think McCagnan wants the fan base to judge these guys so rashly, not give them legitimate time to really play and just move on.  if players sometimes take 3 and 4 years to develop there's not much we can truly learn about them in this short period of time.

dont get me wrong I'm hating Bowles right now for not playing these guys and I think it's the wrong decision.  I'm just trying to present another point of view that might actually make this situation seem logical. 

2 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

everyone wants to see petty and hackenberg get some playing time because we all want to make a snap decision and judge these guys very quickly since we're looking to have a high 1st round pick. not many people think either of these QBs are worth anything and in reality most of the fan base just wants to affirm their belief that our next QB isn't on the roster.  If they play a few games now and don't look great right away the fan base is ready to turn the page. I don't think McCagnan wants the fan base to judge these guys so rashly, not give them legitimate time to really play and just move on.  if players sometimes take 3 and 4 years to develop there's not much we can truly learn about them in this short period of time.

dont get me wrong I'm hating Bowles right now for not playing these guys and I think it's the wrong decision.  I'm just trying to present another point of view that might actually make this situation seem logical. 

Didnt count on the fanbase being more insane than usual.

Hating on a guy who hasn't played at all.

Comparing him to Dak Prescott, who might be Mark Sanchez like, DUMB

22 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I don't think Macc or Bowles care what the fanbase thinks.  So trying to guess or analyze this situation before it fully plays out is just beating a dead horse at this point.  

fyi: I like that Macc and Bowles don't care what the fanbase or media think.  I just hope the plan they have works out.

I dunno where the idea comes from that you need a whole season to evaluate a QB. 

The stats don't mean anything. You can tell if they have a head on their shoulders, though. I can tell in one game whether Hack goes through his progressions, and whether his look offs are natural.

Forgot to add to my previous post. O coaches job is to manage his team but he is also responsible against the fans. We are the ones spending our money on this team, we are the engines of this whole organization. We are invested in this emotionally and financially. A coach should respect the fans. He is leaving every Jet fan in awe with his Fitz decision yet doesn't feel the need to explain the reasoning behind his decision. "Fitz gives us the best chance to win". Well **** that Bowles. You can't be this clueless can you? At least inform us on what you are thinking. Tell us Petty isn't ready to play and you want to see him in next training camp and don't want to ruin him in these last 5 games. Tell us you want young Wide Receivers with Fitz so they can develop better without going thru a rookie QB. Tell us something for God's sake. Stop with this"Fitz gives us the best chance to win" BS.  

Most qb's who need to "develop" are behind solid QBs who can they can actually learn from (Jimmy G behind Brady,Rodgers behind Farve etc) my point in all of this is what exactly are Hack and Petty developing into? We have the worst QB in the league giving these guys insight? I hate "developing" I think it's ridiculous you want these guys to develop and become better by throwing the ball around in practice? We're 3-8 let these guys see some real action those reps will be beyond anything they experience in a practice or preseason game against backups.  F*** Bowles and Gailey. 

We don't have the luxury of sitting back and developing a guy for years. GB could do that when Favre is the starter. We have no starter. This means we need to sign another crappy FA for a year or 2 to bridge to Hack when he's ready, and if we find out Hack sucks by then we're set back another 2-3 years. If they don't want to play Hack or Petty this year that's fine, but they better draft a top QB prospect this year. Passing on top prospects with the "hope" Hackenberg turns into something is an unforgivable offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived