ex-Jet Dorian Boose commits suicide

Dcat

http://www.scout.com/college/washington-state/story/1732973-the-tragic-life-of-old-wsu-star-dorian-boose

Boose%20double.jpg?w=620&h=413&fit=maxCFC archives/Getty

The tragic life of former WSU star and Jets end Dorian Boose; old Cougar teammates recall 'ray of light'

Sounded like he had a troubled life but I like that they said he was a great dad.  So sad that his poor son had autism.  Understandable how much it would affect him.

(side note - I think we need science to also investigate the CAUSE of the rise in autism rather than just the cure). 

What people need to know; there are resources out there to get addicts into rehab. It may not work the 1st or 2nd or 3rd time, but sooner or later the bell does go off and most people realize it's the only way other than death.You cannot indulge an addict, but you have to be ready to hold out a hand and hope they grab it.  Sadly looks like the bell never went off here. RIP, and may his family have some solace. 

Just little tid bit on this, when Boose left the NFL and came to my home town team in the CFL (Edmonton) he was just fantastic his 1st year here, won the lineman of the week 3 times.  Was tremendous and you could see he actually did have NFL talent.  The next year he was not at all the same guy, he was out of of shape in camp and I think was gone by mid season.  He fell really fast.

On 12/2/2016 at 4:41 PM, Warfish said:

Don't do hard drugs kids.  No matter what.  

They destroy lives.  From NFL's players lives down to my little brother's life, lots and lots and lots of lives.  All destroyed.

Define hard drugs; alcohol may need to be added to that list.  Sorry about your brother.  Heroin ruined my older brothers life and just when he finally kicked that horrible habit and was putting his life back together, he was diagnosed with AIDs and died about a year later.  I can feel Eric Boose's pain.

Archived