What's the Saviest Way to get Tix from Stubhub?

David Harris

Let's assume you don't really even care if you go to the game or not.  You're willing to wait to get a great deal.  Is stubhub ok or do you go on NFL ticket exhange, or something else? 

What's the best strategy?  Buy the night before, the day of?  Do you drive to the game and just buy tickets while in the parking lot to get the best deal?

What's better or better value - Coaches Club or Great Hall, or other?

Thank you!!!

For this game it really doesn't matter. Because lower level seats are selling for $25. Coaches club are as low as $175. If I was buying tickets to this game I would buy them right now. They might go lower but good lower level seats for $25, will you be that upset if they plummet to $22?

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Let's assume you don't really even care if you go to the game or not.  You're willing to wait to get a great deal.  Is stubhub ok or do you go on NFL ticket exhange, or something else? 

What's the best strategy?  Buy the night before, the day of?  Do you drive to the game and just buy tickets while in the parking lot to get the best deal?

Thank you!!!

You go to the stadium, 20 minutes before kickoff you pick the most desperate deal in the best location possible and that's that. 

I am not 100% sure how one flashes the PDF on their smart phone and gets into the stadium, however.   I know with Ticketmaster through the Jets directly there is an app for that.  Stubhub not sure.

SAR I

59 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Thank you!!!

For Monday's game, get your tickets now. They are already at rock bottom. 

For other games, this is what you should do. 

1) Buy parking in advance thru Ticketmaster. Stubhub parking tickets are mostly higher than Ticketmaster. Again, buy your parking at least 2 or 3 days before the game if not earlier. 

2) Buy this bad boy from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Outlets-Inverter-Charging-Smartphones/dp/B004MDXS0U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1480717125&sr=8-5&keywords=car+power+adapter   . This bad boy will let you power your printer in the car. 

3) Bring a laptop and hook it to the printer that you are powering thru the device you will get from Amazon. 

4) Use your cell phone to provide wifi to your laptop. Buy your tickets from stubhub 1 hour or so before the game. 

5) Print your tickets thru the Printer you have connected to your laptop. 

Above method will get you tremendous seats with rock bottom prices. 

Edit: Stubhub ticket sales stays open until the game time. Ticket master cuts of ticket sales 2 hours before kick off. 

4 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

1) Buy parking in advance thru Ticketmaster. Stubhub parking tickets are mostly higher than Ticketmaster. Again, buy your parking at least 2 or 3 days before the game if not earlier. 

2) Buy this bad boy from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-Outlets-Inverter-Charging-Smartphones/dp/B004MDXS0U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1480717125&sr=8-5&keywords=car+power+adapter   . This bad boy will let you power your printer in the car. 

3) Bring a laptop and hook it to the printer that you are powering thru the device you will get from Amazon. 

4) Use your cell phone to provide wifi to your laptop. Buy your tickets from stubhub 1 hour or so before the game. 

Edit: Stubhub ticket sales stays open until the game time. Ticket master cuts of ticket sales 2 hours before kick off. 

AND NOW people will start b!tching about their laptops, portable printers, and reams of paper having been stolen by thugs from their cars in the lots during games. :D

6 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

This is freakin' genius!

Verizon connection is usually bad at the stadium I've had numerous phone issues there I wouldnt rely on that method of getting game day tickets either pre buy parking and game tickets this way you are guaranteed entrance. 

$25 for lower level seats when things are bad they are bad. 

Enjoy the game though any day of live football is always a good day. 

19 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

wholly geebus...just payout the 10 extra bucks and buy them before you go to the game.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Verizon connection is usually bad at the stadium I've had numerous phone issues there I wouldnt rely on that method of getting game day tickets either pre buy parking and game tickets this way you are guaranteed entrance. 

$25 for lower level seats when things are bad they are bad. 

Enjoy the game though any day of live football is always a good day. 

Joe

I have ATT and in the past 3 years, I never had a problem preventing me printing my ticket. 

1 hour ago, peebag said:

wholly geebus...just payout the 10 extra bucks and buy them before you go to the game.

P

I already told him not to worry about the Colts game as tickets are rock bottom. My suggestion was for high priced games like season openers etc. The money you save each game for a family of 4 is well over 10 bucks each. :)

26 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Joe

I have ATT and in the past 3 years, I never had a problem preventing me printing my ticket. 

P

I already told him not to worry about the Colts game as tickets are rock bottom. My suggestion was for high priced games like season openers etc. The money you save each game for a family of 4 is well over 10 bucks each. :)

No small irony there is a Verizon gate in the stadium and Verizon service has sucked the entire time MetLife has been open.

Keep an eye on tickets starting about 48 hours out, check every few hours and get a sense of if prices are moving or not. Stubhub prices are mostly a game-by-game thing, and it's not only dependent on what game it is but also what sellers are doing. If a bunch of sellers start lowering prices, everyone has to, and sometimes there's no rhyme or reason for it. The market just fluctuates sometimes if a bunch of people are pricing to move, and sometimes that doesn't happen. The key is to just keep checking back in. Sometimes you can really luck into tickets that someone is just trying to dump for dirt cheap, but you have to be quick because those will be gone in minutes, sometimes seconds.

Ideally I would recommend waiting until gameday and as close to the game as possible for the cheapest prices, but the flipside of that is your choices will be more limited, so it depends on how picky you are about seats, rows, and what section you prefer.

I would also add that if you're an iOS user, the Stubhub app tends to be faster than the website.

4 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Reading all that made me send the Jets a thank you note with my PSL payment. :)

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Holy crap, I just clicked on the listing. Yeah, you should just buy now while you have this many options. That is insanely dirt cheap. You can sit down in the prime sections at mid-field for 30-70 bucks.

6 dollar tickets all over the place too. What a disaster of a season. That is pathetic.

This is the lowest I can remember tickets being in this stadium.

We gave away seats for NRG and you would think I was trying to sell them at face value lol.

25 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Boss. I chose to send my two knuckleheads to private schools. I truly got very little fun money. I have to be this way. :(

I am just teasing. And I hear you, private schools here as well. None of it is cheap. :)

WOW - LIKE WOW WOW  are Tix CHEAP for this Monday. 

What's the weather going to be like? I heard some mention rain, but nothing like this past week. 

At THOSE prices I'm tempted to scoop up a PRIME 50yrd-ish lower bowl ticket

5 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Good info, but a bit of an overkill no?

No need for the laptop.  Most phones can print to a wireless printer.  For example I have a cheap Brother printer at home I bought like 4 years ago.  just installed the Brother app on my phone, and it easily prints PDFs.  

But the ticket on your phone, download the PDF to your phone, and print.

And that's all just a backup.  Can't the ticket scanners scan your phone now?  Like you open the PDF on your phone and just scan the barcode from your phone screen.

With 3 home games left this year, if you're a masochist, and really want to attend the games, this is an awesome time.

Tailgate a bit, then start your walk to the gates 30 minutes before kickoff.  During the walk, buy a coaches club ticket for $20 on your phone.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good info, but a bit of an overkill no?

No need for the laptop.  Most phones can print to a wireless printer.  For example I have a cheap Brother printer at home I bought like 4 years ago.  just installed the Brother app on my phone, and it easily prints PDFs.  

But the ticket on your phone, download the PDF to your phone, and print.

And that's all just a backup.  Can't the ticket scanners scan your phone now?  Like you open the PDF on your phone and just scan the barcode from your phone screen.

With 3 home games left this year, if you're a masochist, and really want to attend the games, this is an awesome time.

Tailgate a bit, then start your walk to the gates 30 minutes before kickoff.  During the walk, buy a coaches club ticket for $20 on your phone.

Hey Mike. I just explained my setup from 3 years ago. There are wireles printers now like you say. Prices are dirt cheap 1 or 2 hours before the game time. That's all I try to say :)

Sold my 3 LSLs for Monday on SH. Got 40 net each for the face value 166 dollar seats.

And that was a bargain IMO for INVESTMENT GOLD
35 degrees with winds.

Was going to pick up 2 mezz club seats for 50 with fees but my seat partner voted no because he has work Tues and wouldn't get home until 130 AM or worse

Going to try and do the same sell and switch to clubs for the Miami game which while still a shltty night game is at least a Sat night

And will sit in my seats for the LAST time as a PSL STH for the Bills game

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Holy crap, I just clicked on the listing. Yeah, you should just buy now while you have this many options. That is insanely dirt cheap. You can sit down in the prime sections at mid-field for 30-70 bucks.

6 dollar tickets all over the place too. What a disaster of a season. That is pathetic.

$6 tickets?  Damn. I guess that whole pay for you get thing.

2 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Sold my 3 LSLs for Monday on SH. Got 40 net each for the face value 166 dollar seats.

And that was a bargain IMO for INVESTMENT GOLD
35 degrees with winds.

Was going to pick up 2 mezz club seats for 50 with fees but my seat partner voted no because he has work Tues and wouldn't get home until 130 AM or worse

Going to try and do the same sell and switch to clubs for the Miami game which while still a shltty night game is at least a Sat night

And will sit in my seats for the LAST time as a PSL STH for the Bills game

It's tempting to gift my Tix and get a CHEAP MEzz or Lower Bowl Club so as to be able to warm up inside every now and then (i.e. during all the commercial breaks)

20 hours ago, David Harris said:

Thank you!!!

NBA, MLB, NHL - go to the stadium box office and buy your tickets directly from the source.  Screw stubhub and ticketmaster.

NFL - tickets are always way too high in demand to ever expect a deal.  

16 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Would like to know if this is true for SH?

Read where it works for Ticketmaster and TickPick but I think SH gets the most traffic from sellers (I know they do from buyers).

Giving my Colt tix away to my Devil's rep who always throws me comps and upgrades at The Rock.

I'll eat them before I sell them to some numb nut for $30.

Archived