Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

2017 New York Yankees Thread

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
20 hours ago, thadude said:

Chapman can go F himself

It wasn't a horrible pitch, but he is the definition of an average closer.   He throws hard, but blows 20% of his saves, with a very average ERA.   Not elite money guy.

Last night, finally.   Judge stayed with a pitch down and away, didn't pull off, and drove it to right field.

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

It wasn't a horrible pitch, but he is the definition of an average closer.   He throws hard, but blows 20% of his saves, with a very average ERA.   Not elite money guy.

Last night, finally.   Judge stayed with a pitch down and away, didn't pull off, and drove it to right field.

Maddon wrecked Chapman.  He really should go on the DL at this point

Good to see Judge finally hit a homer

Judge hit a freaking monster.   Looks like he's coming out of it, I would have liked to see him not K in the 9th, just to end that stupid streak.

Didi is having a nice year, hitting 300, good SS, gonna hit 20 HR despite missing time at the beginning of the year.

Judge is a straight freak. Hitting a ball like that in Queens is no ******* joke.

I don't believe that it was 457 for a second either. Mets have been mismeasuring homers the past few years IMO. Stanton and Cespedes have had a few the last few years which have seemed way longer than they announced.

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Judge is a straight freak. Hitting a ball like that in Queens is no ******* joke.

I don't believe that it was 457 for a second either. Mets have been mismeasuring homers the past few years IMO. Stanton and Cespedes have had a few the last few years which have seemed way longer than they announced.

When he is keeping his head down, not pulling off, he is amazing.  His opposite field power is off the charts.   He hits a baseball like I hit a 5 iron.  Of course, I suck at Golf.

16 hours ago, chirorob said:

When he is keeping his head down, not pulling off, he is amazing.  His opposite field power is off the charts.   He hits a baseball like I hit a 5 iron.  Of course, I suck at Golf.

Yep, Judge's chase rate is way up Post-All Star Break.  If he stops chasing the low ball his strike outs will decrease.  His power is still ridiculous.

He hit the Nikon sign at Citi in batting practice.

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That's what happens if JJ Watts could hit a baseball

21 hours ago, thadude said:

See what happens when your closer actually can close?

I hope he's just hung over from last year, or that is a mammoth contract for a 6th inning guy.

12 hours ago, chirorob said:

I hope he's just hung over from last year, or that is a mammoth contract for a 6th inning guy.

I mean like all of last season everyone was screaming "TRADE CHAPMAN, TRADE MILLER" and everyone we traded for is injured, significantly.  Chapman is screwed and Miller is a Cleveland Redskin 

Bill Simmons brought up an interesting point on Chapman--maybe his legs are shot.  He can still hit 100 mp but, the fastball is flat.  He can't drive it like before.  We saw him wince running to 1st base.

Yanks are still in decent position postseason wise and I don't mind the WC game because Severino will start that.  They need to get healthy and Judge needs to stop chasing and swinging-and-missing.

23 hours ago, SMC said:

Bill Simmons brought up an interesting point on Chapman--maybe his legs are shot.  He can still hit 100 mp but, the fastball is flat.  He can't drive it like before.  We saw him wince running to 1st base.

Yanks are still in decent position postseason wise and I don't mind the WC game because Severino will start that.  They need to get healthy and Judge needs to stop chasing and swinging-and-missing.

Chapman looks off.   For 4 more years after this.

I just wanted them to compete this year.   They have gone beyond all my expectations.  I don't think they can beat Houston or Boston in the playoffs, but, that's why you play the games.

23 hours ago, SMC said:

Then Chapman needs to go on DL and rest

Sanchez has almost caught Judge in RBI, despite missing a month.

They are killing the average teams, they just need to be able to beat Boston.

Sanchez hit another homer today and has 11 for August, just like he had in August last year.  Incredible.  He loves this month.

The Yanks remain in good shape and I think they can catch Boston, but like I mentioned, I'm not that concerned with WC game because of Severino.  Severino is literally the 4th best pitcher in the AL this year behind Sales, Kluber and Keuchel.  Yanks will have the best pitching matchup of any of the potential WC teams in that game.

LOL.  The Umps totally blew that.  They should've issued warnings after Sanchez was drilled following his latest homer.

3 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Just an awful showing against the Indians.  The wildcard is becoming even more precarious.

Yep.  Yanks are 3 games up in the loss column on the WC, but that can go quickly unless Yanks turn it around.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Great win!  Can Sonia Sotomayor attend all of our games?

Definitely.

BTW (and I didn't know they were at the game til I saw them on TV).  The woman and man in front of Justice Sotomayor are my aunt and uncle.  My uncle went to law school with her.