2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Only thing I don't like is that they take turns asking questions and spend more than half the interview saying - "Todd, Big Papi here"  "Todd, this is Keith Hernandez here"

That FS1 postgame show is brutal 

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Totally correct on the interviews.

CC is still real good, but he's really a 5+ inning guy now.   I'd love for the Yanks to bring him back on a 1-2 year deal.   He's a leader in the clubhouse, he helps with all those young guys.   Tanaka, we'll see what he wants, I think he opts out, and if he wants 6 years 150 million, I let him go. 

CC I’d only want back on a 1 year $10-15 million deal.  Unfortunately I could see him getting bigger offers from a national league team

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

CC I’d only want back on a 1 year $10-15 million deal.  Unfortunately I could see him getting bigger offers from a national league team

Yes and no.   He loved to hit, but his knee is so bad I can't see him trying to run the bases.

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yes and no.   He loved to hit, but his knee is so bad I can't see him trying to run the bases.

A guy that cries if teams try to bunt?  I would say he isn't planning to run much. 

Regarding the interviews, I know why they do it.  Doesn't make it any less annoying or time consuming.  Especially when the go around the horn and a guy is doing it for the 2nd or 3rd time. 

Well I have been fortunate enough to go the Wild Card game, ALDS game 4 and then yesterday's game.  I was actually trying to sell my tickets because one of my kids was sick, but they weren't fetching retail so I said eff it and went.  Glad I did.  Stadium was really dead until that Judge homer.  SMC you are completely right about the stadium and Judge.  They stand up for every one of his at bats and when he comes through it just ignites the place.  Keuchel is tough no doubt but you can see signs of the Astros hitters pressing and swinging at pitches out of the zone.  Let's hope that continues today.  Let's go Yankees!!

It looks like Giradi's lobbying of the umps for a better strike zone for Judge has made a difference.  There were a bunch of balls called in the game last night which have been strikes throughout the rest of the playoffs.

We will know for sure tonight if  we see the same thing on Keuchel.  He has been living down there with low strikes on Judge and some others.

The umps do seem to have altered some of the low strike calls on Judge and Judge did make an adjustment.  On the double last night he nearly knelt down to get the slider.  He did it slight for the homer on the curve.  He has so much strength that if he kneels and makes contact with the barrel of the bat the low pitch will still go a long way.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

BTW, Gleyber Torres is fully recovered from Tommy John surgery

I like Castro, but I firmly believe he is gone after this year.

Torres coming plus Torreyes, they can move Castro, get something back, and save 10-11 million.

9 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I keep saying this but I really want this guy's career to get the respect it deserves when he's done. It's probably not going to happen since nobody really respects sh*t about **** anymore, but Sabathia's been the man for a loooooong time during arguably the toughest time to be a ML SP ever. 

And he revived his career too (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like the Yankees).

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And he revived his career too (and that's coming from someone who doesn't like the Yankees).

Forget 300, CC may be the last guy for a long time to get 250 career wins.  Kershaw is the only other active player with more than 70 wins who has a shot, he's 29 and has 144.    After him, there is no one.

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think they all are, but they are also all fun to watch after a win like last night. 

Only thing more painful than watching Charles Barkley try to be witty on TNT is watching Ortiz try to speak English on FS1

Remember when some of you guys were considering pulling Tanaka from the postseason rotation?  

I love the team.  Interesting to see Headley getting hot. I get what Chiro Bob is saying about Castro, but I'm not so sure.  He is a free swinger, but I think he adds something more to the team.  While the announcers keep calling this team "loose and fun" they can seem pretty tight at the plate.  Castro and Didi don't.  Castro will chase a ton, but I feel like he can hit any pitch at any time. 

35 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Remember when some of you guys were considering pulling Tanaka from the postseason rotation?  

I love the team.  Interesting to see Headley getting hot. I get what Chiro Bob is saying about Castro, but I'm not so sure.  He is a free swinger, but I think he adds something more to the team.  While the announcers keep calling this team "loose and fun" they can seem pretty tight at the plate.  Castro and Didi don't.  Castro will chase a ton, but I feel like he can hit any pitch at any time. 

Remember when Tanaka couldn't get anyone out?   That dude turned it around.

I like Castro, but they want to cut salary, their best prospect is a middle infielder, they have a good utility guy on the roster, and you can get something quality back for Castro.  I love that the Yanks can have their SS/2B combo hit 290 with 40+ HR between them. 

ONE WIN AWAY!!!!

Beyond my wildest expectations.  Like, chirob, I was only expecting a mid 80s season, fight for a playoff spot but miss out and young player development and I'd be happy.  This is incredible.  Interesting to note that the Yankee bullpen blew 23 games this year.  Those were 23 games where the starter left with a lead.  They can't win them all, of course, but you'd expect them to win at least 10 of those if not for Clippard and Betances, which would make the 2017 Yankees a 100+ win team.

Mystique and Aura are dancing again at the Stadium.  The Astros manager even implied that his team was shook by the place.  That was a workman like win last night and to slay the Yankee Killer.

Tanaka has been great this postseason.  The biggest difference is the lack of homers.  The whole rotation has been great in the PS and good during the regular season.  They had the second lowest ERA during the year.

As to Castro, I disagree, chirob, to this extent.  I do believe he's gone, but not for another year.  Andujar won't be ready in 2018, but Torres will at some point.  Torres will play 3rd and Todd Frasier will be the DH (I think Yanks re-sign him).

6 hours ago, SMC said:

ONE WIN AWAY!!!!

As to Castro, I disagree, chirob, to this extent.  I do believe he's gone, but not for another year.  Andujar won't be ready in 2018, but Torres will at some point.  Torres will play 3rd and Todd Frasier will be the DH (I think Yanks re-sign him).

I think they let Todd walk, unless they move Headly.   I don't think they want a full time DH, rather let Sanchez DH a lot, and let the outfielders take turns at the DH to keep them all fresh.  

I think they keep Head because he can play first.   I really like Bird, but you need insurance until he shows he can be healthy for a full year. 

I think they let Todd walk, unless they move Headly.   I don't think they want a full time DH, rather let Sanchez DH a lot, and let the outfielders take turns at the DH to keep them all fresh.  
I think they keep Head because he can play first.   I really like Bird, but you need insurance until he shows he can be healthy for a full year. 

Imagine they did a 4 day rotation for the dh spot, that’s an interesting idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Imagine they did a 4 day rotation for the dh spot, that’s an interesting idea emoji848.png

Well, Sanchez is a huge bat for you, figure he catches 90-100 games, you want his bat.   You have 4 OF at least.  Give em all breaks

Well, Sanchez is a huge bat for you, figure he catches 90-100 games, you want his bat.   You have 4 OF at least.  Give em all breaks

Agree. I like the thought of it. Just wouldn’t want anyone to get out of Rhythm

12 hours ago, chirorob said:

Remember when Tanaka couldn't get anyone out?   That dude turned it around.

I like Castro, but they want to cut salary, their best prospect is a middle infielder, they have a good utility guy on the roster, and you can get something quality back for Castro.  I love that the Yanks can have their SS/2B combo hit 290 with 40+ HR between them. 

Castro and Cessa to the Mets for Harvey

23 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wow.

All I wanted in April was to see the team win 84-86 games, and have the younger players step up.

Wow.

and we still have so many trade pieces from our sell off last year that haven't contributed yet.  Our farm system is brimming full of talent at all positions!

13 hours ago, NYallDay said:

Agree. I like the thought of it. Just wouldn’t want anyone to get out of Rhythm

Well, that's the thing.   Everyone is playing a lot, they are just getting days off from the field.

Detroit used to do it with Tony Phillips.   he played every where, so no one was out of the game, but they were all getting some rest.   Side note, I loved him in early fantasy baseball, he qualified all over the place.

Archived