2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

Well, that's the thing.   Everyone is playing a lot, they are just getting days off from the field.
Detroit used to do it with Tony Phillips.   he played every where, so no one was out of the game, but they were all getting some rest.   Side note, I loved him in early fantasy baseball, he qualified all over the place.

Yeah I’m on board! If we can keep our young guys fresh every day and give them a break every couple days from the field, that’d be ideal. I was at game 3 and watching judge abuse the wall with that catch and then lay out to make another and running all over, my first thought was “holy sh*t would I be sore after all that (I’m 30 lol but still) a day off from the field would do wonders and still keeping the bat in the line up. Again, great idea and I hope we go with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Don’t worry. Most Yankees fans have been nonexistent for 5 years anyway. :)

Um yeah ok I only go to games every year and watch on tv almost every night in the summers since the 1980’s when we sucked and our best player was has-been Mattingly

Go hang out with PEDroia and his criminal brother and watch us from the country club in Martha’s Vineyard  tonight 

I'm a little concerned about Severino being too hyped tonight like he was entering the Minny game.

But while Verlander has been great, he did through 124 pitches last game. Most pitchers in the postseason don't pitch as well after having that many pitches the previous start.

As to Harvey, there's no need to trade for him because 1) he sucks right now and 2) he'll be a FA soon (2018).  Right now, Harvey is worth a player-to-be-named-later and cash considerations.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Most. Not. Wrong. Again.

From the time the Yankees last won a World Series until last season, attendance was down 7 million. From 2014 to 2015 attendance around baseball was up, in that same time frame the Yankees lost the 6th most fans in terms of attendance. But please, tell me how wrong I am again. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

From the time the Yankees last won a World Series until last season, attendance was down 7 million. From 2014 to 2015 attendance around baseball was up, in that same time frame the Yankees lost the 6th most fans in terms of attendance. But please, tell me how wrong I am again. 

I hate to support any Yankee argument, but do you think that those attendance figures have anything to do with the New Yankee Stadium capacity being reduced by about 10k seats?

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I hate to support any Yankee argument, but do you think that those attendance figures have anything to do with the New Yankee Stadium capacity being reduced by about 10k seats?

That argument holds no water. In 2009 (the first year of the stadium) they averaged 45K fans. This year is was 38K. It has nothing to do with capacity. Especially when you consider that 2014 and 2015 they were in the same stadium and those number dealt in percentage and not raw numbers. 

10 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Hey if you're going to try to compare the Yankees attendance to the rest of MLB's using timeframes AT LEAST USE THE SAME TIMEFRAMES

MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png?_ga=2.10464

Now go cry at Yawkey Way

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hey if you're going to try to compare the Yankees attendance to the rest of MLB's using timeframes AT LEAST USE THE SAME TIMEFRAMES

MLB_Attendance_1950-2013.png?_ga=2.10464

Now go cry at Yawkey Way

I did use the same time frames. Your graphic doesn’t show the years I referenced. What’s the point of your post?

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Okay, so I will keep it simple for you. You used the word MOST. Then you posted stats that show SOME. So, once again you are wrong. 

But like Scott said below the stadium is smaller. And the Yankees 1) Have insane ticket prices and 2) have been rebuilding.

They just had like several Hall of Fame players retire. Guess what when a dynasty ends, there will be a drop.

The stadium is the loudest in baseball.

They also went through a year that saw them removed from YES Network, that definitely has an attendance impact. More people aren't going to go because they aren't on TV. More people are going to find non baseball things to spend their money on.

But the bigger point is, stop trolling. The Yankees have a Game 7 tonight. You have always been welcome to post here but at some point when all I see is you arguing with people in forum after forum we will be forced to listen to the group of people that have been insisting for some time that you add no value to this site. Sorry for the run on sentence there. It was screaming for a comma but it just didn't work out for me.

8 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is how bad it is for Carl right now. Scott, who wants nothing more than for a Yankee fan to lose an argument, steps in and throws a life line lol. Thanks Scott and good point.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, so I will keep it simple for you. You used the word MOST. Then you posted stats that show SOME. So, once again you are wrong. 

But like Scott said below the stadium is smaller. And the Yankees 1) Have insane ticket prices and 2) have been rebuilding.

They just had like several Hall of Fame players retire. Guess what when a dynasty ends, there will be a drop.

The stadium is the loudest in baseball.

They also went through a year that saw them removed from YES Network, that definitely has an attendance impact. More people aren't going to go because they aren't on TV. More people are going to find non baseball things to spend their money on.

But the bigger point is, stop trolling. The Yankees have a Game 7 tonight. You have always been welcome to post here but at some point when all I see is you arguing with people in forum after forum we will be forced to listen to the group of people that have been insisting for some time that you add no value to this site. Sorry for the run on sentence there. It was screaming for a comma but it just didn't work out for me.

This is how bad it is for Carl right now. Scott, who wants nothing more than for a Yankee fan to lose an argument, steps in and throws a life line lol. Thanks Scott and good point.

Bad for me? Nah. I already disproved all of the points you both made. Enjoy the offseason. 

@CrazyCarl40 going for the coveted award in multiple forums. I never check basketball, maybe he is in there as well. Could be a triple threat lol.

Guy loses debates with great consistency. Kind of impressive. Except it isn't.

Anyhow go start a Red Sox thread instead of trolling Yankees fans.

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@CrazyCarl40 going for the coveted award in multiple forums. I never check basketball, maybe he is in there as well. Could be a triple threat lol.

Cool story bro. 

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I liked it so much that I just actually liked it. Another cool story for me.

Disappointed for sure, but an incredible run.  The young guys got the experience they needed.  This reminded me a bit of 1995.

The Yanks lost to the better team.  No shame in that.  Yanks need to work on getting home field advantage in the future because the Stadium during this run has been amazing.

7 hours ago, SMC said:

Disappointed for sure, but an incredible run.  The young guys got the experience they needed.  This reminded me a bit of 1995.

The Yanks lost to the better team.  No shame in that.  Yanks need to work on getting home field advantage in the future because the Stadium during this run has been amazing.

The comeback of the year is Yankee stadium. Suddenly it was like the old stadium. Very good to see (and hear).

On 10/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, SMC said:

+1

This is one of those seasons where as soon as it is over you ready for it to start up again. It is like 1995 without the melancholy of knowing Donnie Warning Track Power Baseball wasn't going to be around when they got rolling.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, SMC said:

Totally agree.

I would have loved to see them win, but if you told me in April, this team would win 90 games, win a Wild Card, win a round of playoffs, have a young pitcher finish top 5 in CY Young, have a young player win ROY and finish top 2 in MVP.    Sign me up

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Was a fun ride. The Stadium actually sounding like a sports stadium and not the ballet was probably the best part. Greg Bird is slow dear god.

In Bird's defense, he is a first baseman who had a bone taken out of his foot.

As upsetting as losing Game 7 was, I was over it the next day and excited for next year.  That is such a stark difference to the years from 2003-2012 etc.  Young talent all across the board, big contracts coming off the books.  This team was enjoyable to watch and this run was not expected at all.  The stadium was alive again.  Looking forward to next year.

The 2017 Yankee team also reminds me of the 2015 Cubs team.

The 2015 Cubs team had a mix of youth and vets and was "ahead of schedule" when they made the NLCS against the Mets (had gone 73-89 the year before).  Mind you, Kris Bryant was ROY that season and then won the MVP and the WS the next year.  So the parallels are there.

The funny thing is that the Cubs from 2015 to 2016 replaced Castro with Baez.  If the Yanks replace Castro with Torres for 2018 and they get a ring, then the Baseball Gods surely hate Castro.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah... Good job Houston.

That was a great series to cap off an unbelievable post season.  It will be interesting to see where the Yankees go from here.

I do hope for Carl's sake that he discovers a Rex Sox fan site where presumably he can sit around the campfire with like-minded folks comparing the smallness of their equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark horse Manager candidate: Hensley Meulens.

Former Yankee player (89-93) prospect who is currently a coach with the SF Giants.  Is Didi's manager for the Dutch national team.  Speaks 5 languages including Spanish and Japanese.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/13/two-ex-yankees-will-be-in-next-round-of-manager-interviews/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hensley_Meulens

Archived