2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The power is for real with Judgey

If he keeps his strikeouts in the 150 range. He can be real good.   Just, command that huge strike zone.

I love watching young players come up and help.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Another solid start from Severino but bats were silenced.  Hopefully Tanaka can continue the run of good starting pitching tonight.

I'm happier to see Severino pitch well and they lose, then to see him get bombed and they win.

They so need some young pitching to step up.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:38 PM, chirorob said:

Judge again!!

Team is clicking right now.   Even the backup catcher is hitting 340

Without Didi, Sanchez and Bird started off so badly.

Amazing!

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Trying to listen to the Yankee game on radio how much longer until Sterling's gone? 

I think he stays as long as he wants to at this point in time. And he has a young\fun team to cover again. I can see him wanting to stick around.

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think he stays as long as he wants to at this point in time. And he has a young\fun team to cover again. I can see him wanting to stick around.

When Castro hit the homer to tie it today, even for me, he was way over the top. It was ridiculous, he went on with this song thing for like 20 seconds. Really not trying to be a hater but I really....really just want to listen to the game without the over the top theatrics from Sterling. Anyway. Great game today!!!

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

When Castro hit the homer to tie it today, even for me, he was way over the top. It was ridiculous, he went on with this song thing for like 20 seconds. Really not trying to be a hater but I really....really just want to listen to the game without the over the top theatrics from Sterling. Anyway. Great game today!!!

Yeah I haven't listened on the radio much. Last year YES and Comcast had their thing so the games weren't on TV for me. I tried listening early in the year to the radio. But the team was so annoying (ARod) and I was so mad that I didn't have them on Comcast. So I didn't bother listening.

This year they are back on YES and they are fun to watch. Not having to listen to Sterling is never a bad thing.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I haven't listened on the radio much. Last year YES and Comcast had their thing so the games weren't on TV for me. I tried listening early in the year to the radio. But the team was so annoying (ARod) and I was so mad that I didn't have them on Comcast. So I didn't bother listening.

This year they are back on YES and they are fun to watch. Not having to listen to Sterling is never a bad thing.

I've mentioned this before but I was a huge Yankee fan until Arod's second contract. I became a very passive fan after that. Only watched a few games a year. This is the first year it's been fun for me again. And I honestly don't even care if we're talking a 50 win season. 

On 4/23/2017 at 7:09 AM, HessStation said:

I've mentioned this before but I was a huge Yankee fan until Arod's second contract. I became a very passive fan after that. Only watched a few games a year. This is the first year it's been fun for me again. And I honestly don't even care if we're talking a 50 win season. 

I've been much more passive the last few years, this year is great.  

On 4/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, HessStation said:

I agree. That was a total jump the shark moment.

On 4/24/2017 at 11:34 PM, Maxman said:

I agree. That was a total jump the shark moment.

We can thank Hank for that.  Fortunately he has been sent away from any baseball related decisions.  Now if we could only get rid of Randy Levine.

2 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

We can thank Hank for that.  Fortunately he has been sent away from any baseball related decisions.  Now if we could only get rid of Randy Levine.

I think after the arbitration thing, Levine may be quiet for a while too.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:08 AM, jbt said:

going to be a long year with this pitching staff.  love what cashman did with getting prospects but last year but to go into this year with this staff and what the future looks like could get him fired

Looking better lately.

And last night, that is why you give 22 year old starters multiple chances.   I don't think he'll win the Cy Young, but Severino seems to be figuring it out.  If he can win 13-15 at his age, with a good ERA, say low 3s.   Lot of hope for the future.

56 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Looking better lately.

And last night, that is why you give 22 year old starters multiple chances.   I don't think he'll win the Cy Young, but Severino seems to be figuring it out.  If he can win 13-15 at his age, with a good ERA, say low 3s.   Lot of hope for the future.

Severino was awesome last night.  He looks like a different pitcher from last year (he's been good in all his starts so far).  Maybe working with Pedro in the offseason really accomplished something.

Severino is a true No. 1 IMO and, like you said, that's why you keep giving a 22 yr older starter the ball to figure things out.  He's not an ace now, but he will grow into one.

Tanaka was incredible.  Gems by Severino and Tanaka in-back-to-back at Fenway?  No way I saw that coming.  That might turn into a great 1-2 combination for the season.  If Pineda keeps his upswing the Yanks might have the makings of a nice rotation.

49 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

At the end of the day taking 2 out of 3 is all you can ask for but man was that a tough loss yesterday.  Came back again and had multiple chances to win with a walk off.  Need to bounce back today.

Would have loved a sweep, but 2 of 3, and 4 of 5 counting the Sox.

How much is Baltimore missing their closer right now?

17 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

This team is reminding me more and more of that '09 team. Most fun that I've had watching this team since then.

Judge is becoming must see TV.

"Rob, can you do blah blah blah?"

"2 Minutes, I don't want to miss this guy"

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Judge is becoming must see TV.

"Rob, can you do blah blah blah?"

"2 Minutes, I don't want to miss this guy"

This is so true.  You have to see every at bat.  That's part of the beauty of baseball.  It's the perfect background noise sport.  Do other things then when a key player is up or a moment of the game arrives, you focus in.

Judge, 2 more.  What's great is seeing him using the whole field.  1 home run crushed to left center, one slapped down the right field line.  How that man slaps a ball 330+ feet is beyond me.

Gardner, waking up.   Got his average from 190 to 230, and hit another 2 HR.  Funny note, he had two multi home run games in his career going into this season, and he's had two in the last 4 games.

42 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Judge, 2 more.  What's great is seeing him using the whole field.  1 home run crushed to left center, one slapped down the right field line.  How that man slaps a ball 330+ feet is beyond me.

Gardner, waking up.   Got his average from 190 to 230, and hit another 2 HR.  Funny note, he had two multi home run games in his career going into this season, and he's had two in the last 4 games.

Judge keeps this up he's winning mvp

I am 100% on record for this.

I did not see this coming with Judge, at all.   I didn't really like him as a prospect, I thought he'd be at best a 240 hitter with 180 Ks and 30 home runs.  The kind of guy who hits mistakes and is useless against good pitching in the playoffs.  I was as wrong as wrong could be, and I am thrilled to say it. 

Side note, he covers some serious ground in the OF, especially side to side.   Reminds me (I'm old) of Dave Winfield.  Winfield would take crap for not running hard in the OF, cause he didn't look like it.  Then you realized his strides are 87 feet long, and he's actually covering a lot of ground.

Archived