2017 New York Yankees Thread

Maxman

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just saw Aaron Judge for the first time and noted he has acromegaly chin and forehead of a hardcore steroid abuser. Good to see the Yanks have gone back to the future.

Just got back from the game.

Yes, his League of Justince Mega Chin is eerily reminiscent of the late 90's Deep Balls past the Walls session, but this guy is CLUTH and BELTS one when we need one to keep HOPE alive. I was at Friday's incredible extra inning comeback and now this one. This team has such hints of this e GLORIOUS YANKEE MAGIC teams of the late 90's. 

I LOVE this team, so much fun to watch. 

IMG_7521.jpg

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I just saw Aaron Judge for the first time and noted he has acromegaly chin and forehead of a hardcore steroid abuser. Good to see the Yanks have gone back to the future.

He's actually slimmed down from last year.  He gets tested, and if he shows positive,then I hope he gets suspended.

I guess it's not possible he's just a really big guy.

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Just got back from the game.

Yes, his League of Justince Mega Chin is eerily reminiscent of the late 90's Deep Balls past the Walls session, but this guy is CLUTH and BELTS one when we need one to keep HOPE alive. I was at Friday's incredible extra inning comeback and now this one. This team has such hints of this e GLORIOUS YANKEE MAGIC teams of the late 90's. 

I LOVE this team, so much fun to watch. 

IMG_7521.jpg

Just need to get CC throwing more than 4 innings a start again.

That offense, they do not quit.  Down by 4, ok.   Down by 8, ok.  Just keeps coming on.   Gardner real hot after an awful start, couple hits, couple walks yesterday, wearing pitchers out.  He saw 27 pitches last night.   Judge fouling pitches off to finally go deep with one.   Holiday hitting better and better, players hitting to all fields. 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What are you a mets fan?  Someone called the wahmbulance 

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Just need to get CC throwing more than 4 innings a start again.

That offense, they do not quit.  Down by 4, ok.   Down by 8, ok.  Just keeps coming on.   Gardner real hot after an awful start, couple hits, couple walks yesterday, wearing pitchers out.  He saw 27 pitches last night.   Judge fouling pitches off to finally go deep with one.   Holiday hitting better and better, players hitting to all fields. 

The offense just clicks.  Wait til we get Gary Sanchez back

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

The offense just clicks.  Wait til we get Gary Sanchez back

Man, good blend of youth and veterans.  You never want the whole team to be 34, there's no energy.  But that whole infield, no one is even 28 yet.  Gardner and Ellsbury can still be productive, but with the deeper bench they can get more days off.  Let them play 120 games and stay fresh instead of 145 and wearing down.

It'll all be about health and if the starting pitching holds up.  Girardi is even doing a better job of not killing Betances yet.

5 hours ago, chirorob said:

Man, good blend of youth and veterans.  You never want the whole team to be 34, there's no energy.  But that whole infield, no one is even 28 yet.  Gardner and Ellsbury can still be productive, but with the deeper bench they can get more days off.  Let them play 120 games and stay fresh instead of 145 and wearing down.

It'll all be about health and if the starting pitching holds up.  Girardi is even doing a better job of not killing Betances yet.

The biggest surprise is how solid the pitching has been so far.  I know CC wasn't good last night but he fought through and was still able to get through about 5 innings. 

On 5/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, T0mShane said:

The dude is 6'7 280, abnormal pituitary functioning is pretty much status quo for those guys. 

Big statement win for the Yanks against the Cubs!  Gardner with the dramatic 2 out, 2 on, 3 run homer!

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Judge's face looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger's? 

I went to bed after the 11th but wow, to win that marathon and sweep the defending Champs at Wrigley?

This reminds me of the last time the Red Sox won the title in going worst to first.

Just now, gqxluvx said:

What a great weekend sweep of the cubbies.  This team is just so fun to watch.  

They play hard for 9 innings.   Sometimes for 9 innings twice in the same day.

But, down by 8, get trying.   Down by 2 with 2 outs in the 9th, keep playing.   Great to watch.

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

That was a nice weekend.

Comeback win.   Blow out win.   Blow the game but hold on to win anyway win.

This weekend was the full spectrum of victories.  18 innings is insane.

Severino except for the Blue Jays game has been really good this season.

Just now, SMC said:

This weekend was the full spectrum of victories.  18 innings is insane.

Severino except for the Blue Jays game has been really good this season.

Severino looks like what we were hoping for.   People forget, he's still really young.

Our bullpen is gassed, but the Cubs!  Day after their starter goes 2/3 of an inning they play an 18 inning game. 

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Severino looks like what we were hoping for.   People forget, he's still really young.

Our bullpen is gassed, but the Cubs!  Day after their starter goes 2/3 of an inning they play an 18 inning game. 

Yep, he's only 23.

The Yanks starting pitching was the biggest question mark and outside CC it has been pretty good.  Yanks are 2nd in least runs allowed in AL and 1st in runs scored.  I think that if the Yanks are still in 1st place or in striking distance by late summer before trade deadline, Cashman will get a front line starter.

8 hours ago, SMC said:

Yep, he's only 23.

The Yanks starting pitching was the biggest question mark and outside CC it has been pretty good.  Yanks are 2nd in least runs allowed in AL and 1st in runs scored.  I think that if the Yanks are still in 1st place or in striking distance by late summer before trade deadline, Cashman will get a front line starter.

Even CC hasn't been that bad.  He's just an innings eater at this point but every team needs that.

12 hours ago, SMC said:

Can't win them all, but CC has been awful his last 4 starts.  Can't be an inning eater if CC is getting lit up in the first 4 innings

CC has been real bad.  Hopefully he gets it turned around.

59 minutes ago, chirorob said:

CC has been real bad.  Hopefully he gets it turned around.

It reminds me of when David Cone got old.  Torre kept throwing him out there and making the excuse, "It was just one bad inning."  But, yeah, if you give up 5 runs in an inning, it ruins the whole game.  

The problem for CC, just like with Cone, is also that this "bad inning" is early in the game so Girardi can't pull him early because it screws with the bullpen.  Right now CC is really the 5th starter but he's slotted to be the No. 2, pitching after Tanaka.  Hopefully after the All-Star Game Girardi can re-set the rotation to move CC down so it's Tanaka, Severino, Pineda, Montgomery, CC

1 hour ago, SMC said:

It reminds me of when David Cone got old.  Torre kept throwing him out there and making the excuse, "It was just one bad inning."  But, yeah, if you give up 5 runs in an inning, it ruins the whole game.  

The problem for CC, just like with Cone, is also that this "bad inning" is early in the game so Girardi can't pull him early because it screws with the bullpen.  Right now CC is really the 5th starter but he's slotted to be the No. 2, pitching after Tanaka.  Hopefully after the All-Star Game Girardi can re-set the rotation to move CC down so it's Tanaka, Severino, Pineda, Montgomery, CC

Does Severino have an innings limit?

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Does Severino have an innings limit?

No.  He's in his 3rd season now.  I do remember him having a limit in his first season and that was lifted in his second season, but since he was so awful last year and moved to the bullpen he didn't hit the limit.

5 hours ago, SMC said:

CC has to be perfect. He can't miss at all. Just has no velocity left.

Seemed like the year might be okay for him earlier on. Not so much now. I can't see him getting too much longer of a leash. Maybe a trip to the DL to give him some time off. Then one more shot at it in July.

11 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Interested to see how this lineup does against Kuechel who has dominated us the last couple of times.

I have less than high hopes for Kuechel.   He is back on form, and looking like a Cy Young type again.

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

I have less than high hopes for Kuechel.   He is back on form, and looking like a Cy Young type again.

No doubt, but this in not the same lineup he has dominated either.  Interested to see the matchup and approach.

7 hours ago, chirorob said:

Yep, this is an L.  The only way they win is how Tanaka beat Sale.  Pineda has it in him to pitch like that, but he's so damn inconsistent.

10 hours ago, SMC said:

Exciting game.  Can't win them all, but so cool that these Yanks never quit

I was about to post the same thing.

Don't always win, but they always play hard for 9.   That's all you can ever ask

Archived