Devin Smith sick, Nick Mangold might return

Maxman

Head Coach Todd Bowles

On the injuries…

Devin Smith did not practice. Illness. Calvin Pryor, concussion, did not practice. Lorenzo Mauldin did not practice; ankle. Brandon Marshall did not practice; foot and knee. (Steve) McLendon did not practice; hamstring. Jalin Marshall did not practice; concussion. Breno Giacomini was limited in practice. Marcus Williams was limited. Nick Marshall was limited. Bruce Carter was limited.

On if Nick Mangold will play on Monday night…

He’s taking reps, but we’ll see how rested or how not rested he is. We’re working him in slowly and see what he has memory-wise getting back from a playing stand point.

On his level of concern regarding Brandon Marshall…

He hasn’t practiced this week, so obviously you’re concerned when he hasn’t practiced in three days.

On if it’s fair to say Jalin Marshall and Pryor won’t play on Monday night…

I’m not a doctor, but they’re still in protocol.

On if Giacomini is improving…

He was limited today. He didn’t practice yesterday.

On if Smith’s illness is a one-day thing…

I do not know at this time. I just know that he’s sick.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Devin Smith,Jalin Marshall time to say goodbye these guys have done absolutely nothing to help this team. 

Smith yes, J Marsh no.

Whats sad is Dee Miliner has played more games then Smith. The guys caught 9 pass for 115 and one TD. In comparision Stephen Hill  caught 21 for 251 and 3 TDs year one. His second year caught 24 for 342 and a Touch.

Smith can't get on the fooking field, I don't get why he gets a pass he's a fooking bust.

Not way is he a head of Anderson or Peake on the roster.

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Devin Smith,Jalin Marshall time to say goodbye these guys have done absolutely nothing to help this team. 

Smith gets 1 more year.  If hes a bust next year, hes gone.

J Marshall is a rookie.  He will improve.

Bmarsh will be gone next year.  We got a really good season out of him and a really bad season out of him.  The trade was a wash.

if you're going to bash the hack pick, the devin smith pick needs way more exposure. this guy should be contributing in a big way this season but doesn't get on the field.  yeah we can all blame injury and it's too bad when a player's time is cut short because of one but last season he was alwys nicked up until he finally went down and this season he was supposed to be ready by week 6.  i guess you can blame the coaching staff for his inability to break in but he's gotta want to play too.  gholston, coples, hill, milliner, all those guys just didn't seem to have the heart or desire to play football.  no amount of coaching can help those guys.

Devin Smith didn't look instinctual or like a fighter when playing but it was such a small sample size with a noodle arm QB unable to utilize his main asset of speed.

The kid has had horrible, horrible luck and his career is in severe jeopardy due to the timing of his injuries.  Basically no TC rookie year, a couple games and then a late season ACL injury wiping out his 2nd year.  Now he'll be behind an UDFA in Robbie Anderson who has all of Devin's physical abilities, especially his speed, and has looked more promising. 

It is make or break for Devin and in large part not due to his fault.

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This team is loaded at WR for the next decade.

I know everyone's scared of getting a guy like Romo, but he'd be dropping dimes all over the place with this current receiving group. Opposing defenses would be stretched on depth & there is no way in hell they would be playing Romo, 9 in freaking box, he'd tear em a new azzhole. Forte & Powell would have a lot more room to roam on dumpoffs too.

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I know everyone's scared of getting a guy like Romo, but he'd be dropping dimes all over the place with this current receiving group. Opposing defenses would be stretched on depth & there is no way in hell they would be playing Romo, 9 in freaking box, he'd tear em a new azzhole. Forte & Powell would have a lot more room to roam on dumpoffs too.

Favre is hanging out there too, he knows the stadium?

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

So Devin Smith was a great pick 

5 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I thought Smith had already moved on to a semi-pro league in Latvia.  As for Jalin?  What scares me the most about this kid are the wide open punts he let go right through his hands.  Not acceptable.

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

This team is loaded at WR for the next decade.

3 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Seems like every year the Jets should just offer their 2nd round pick and their 1st round pick to the highest bidder to move up in the first round. We only bust about 75% of the time in the 1st round.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Just wait till Charone Peak comes into his own

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

I am already sick of Devin Smith's problems

Agree with all of you...

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

Devin Smith didn't look instinctual or like a fighter when playing but it was such a small sample size with a noodle arm QB unable to utilize his main asset of speed.

The kid has had horrible, horrible luck and his career is in severe jeopardy due to the timing of his injuries.  Basically no TC rookie year, a couple games and then a late season ACL injury wiping out his 2nd year.  Now he'll be behind an UDFA in Robbie Anderson who has all of Devin's physical abilities, especially his speed, and has looked more promising. 

It is make or break for Devin and in large part not due to his fault.

Cry me a River, guy cost us the first Bills game. He's gone next year. Stephen Hill looks like Randy Moss in comparision. Hell Dee Miliner is an Iron man compaired to this kid. 

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bmarsh will be gone next year.  We got a really good season out of him and a really bad season out of him.  The trade was a wash.

This is a fallacy.  Devin Smith doesn't deserve another year.  He has to earn a roster spot in his 3rd season.  In my estimation, highly unlikely because he is a one-trick pony... just like i said pre-draft. 

The Jets should have dumped guys like Gholston, Amaro, Milliner, and Stephen Hill after year two.

How much was invested after year two is IRRELEVANT.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Cry me a River, guy cost us the first Bills game. He's gone next year. Stephen Hill looks like Randy Moss in comparision. Hell Dee Miliner is an Iron man compaired to this kid. 

Exactly another 2nd round pick bust meanwhile we have CJ Spiller and Jeremy Ross returning kicks and people wonder why the Jets are 3-8 and in last place. 

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is a fallacy.  Devin Smith doesn't deserve another year.  He has to earn a roster spot in his 3rd season.  The Jets should have dumped guys like Gholston, Amaro, Milliner, and Stephen Hill after year two.

How much was invested after year two is IRRELEVANT.

Bravo players need to put up or be cut no more baggage on this team what are we the NFL team for scrubs and wayward bound players. 

These players would be out of football if it werent for the Jets. 

Just now, RoadFan said:

No way Belichick keeps any of those bums after year two.

No way they he even knows or cares who they are in the first place. 

Its always oooooh look at this superstar unknown we signed he's going to help this team win games, that day never comes. 

Sick and tired of it. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No way they he even knows or cares who they are in the first place. 

Its always oooooh look at this superstar unknown we signed he's going to help this team win games, that day never comes. 

Sick and tired of it. 

That's odd because they seem to sign alot of our castoffs

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's odd because they seem to sign alot of our castoffs

Sure thing castoffs and there quality coaching staff turns them into solid NFL players unlike here. 

Do you think Devin Smith,Jalin Marshall and Robbie Anderson make any other team in the NFL's roster. 

Im done with scrubs we have been bad for way too long. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sure thing castoffs and there quality coaching staff turns them into solid NFL players unlike here. 

Do you think Devin Smith,Jalin Marshall and Robbie Anderson make any other team in the NFL's roster. 

Well you just said that their quality coaching staff turned them into solid NFL players.

So you just answered your own question.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Well you just said that their quality coaching staff turned them into solid NFL players.

So you just answered your own question.

Not all but some. 

Blount was a beast in college had some issues but the Patriots took a chance and look at him now. 

We always sign the "secret weapon" that no other team knew about and guess what he usually sucks. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Not all but some. 

Blount was a beast in college had some issues but the Patriots took a chance and look at him now. 

We always sign the "secret weapon" that no other team knew about and guess what he usually sucks. 

Jets have had luck with UDFAs. Chrebet, Snacks, Austin Howard, Woodhead (gave up on him too quickly)

Marshall and Anderson can keep that little run going.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Based on what? The fact that they both fumbled balls when they are rookies

Other than fumbles, tell me something that they have done badly

They havent done anything thats my point. 

The fact that they cant even return kicks that our GM has to search the scrap heap for guys like Spiller and Ross. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

They havent done anything thats my point. 

The fact that they cant even return kicks that our GM has to search the scrap heap for guys like Spiller and Ross. 

Jalin Marshall: 11 catches for 140 yards and a TD

Robby Anderson: 24 catches for 304 yards.

Both average more than 10 yards per reception.

That's with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Based on what? The fact that they both fumbled balls when they are rookies

Other than fumbles, tell me something that they have done badly

The biggest thing is, the fans were screaming for MACC to take them, so how can you blame him now?

I would honestly be surprised if b marsh is gone after this season of nothing else he is good for our young receivers to learn from. He was well worth the 5th round pick we gave up for him and has been the best receiver we have had in a long time now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived