Why do we always suck when

Jetster

The Pats are vulnerable? 

Gronks out for the year. Their defense is meh, Ryan Fitzpatrick playing behind an offensive line missing their LT & Center, with Breno at RT were one 4th down stop from winning,lol. Man, it is so frustrating being a fan of this team. Let's face it, the reason Decker is hurt is because Fitz god damn inaccuracy along with his freaking balloon balls get these guys laid out.

Look at Spiller last week, dude had to come back & try to catch it, yea he should have caught it but Spiller really should have been hit on the numbers & glided into the endzone untouched for 6!

Just sucks watching Brady limping around, their defense is bottom 3rd, Russell Wilson proved that by waltzing into Gillette & taking a huge sh*t on them. We're seeing that Carson Palmer is shot, Pats played Steelers without Big Ben. Pats record is a farce this year. If they played in the AFC West I doubt they'd be in 1st place, in fact Brady would probably be hurt by now getting hit by Mack, Houston or Bosa.

I don't get it.. Rex use to say this too.. Why can't other teams smack around the pats like we do ? We are horrible this yr, and still almost beat them.. 2 yrs ago we were too and same thing.. every yr we either beat them or lose close no matter how bad we are.. The rest of the league pats easily put down

7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don't get it.. Rex use to say this too.. Why can't other teams smack around the pats like we do ? We are horrible this yr, and still almost beat them.. 2 yrs ago we were too and same thing.. every yr we either beat them or lose close no matter how bad we are.. The rest of the league pats easily put down

This is its just circumstance. Cards missed a 42 yard FG in a dome, Fins got down big early at Gillette, Houston laid that huge egg on the road on TNF, Steelers no Big Ben, Gronk crushed the Bills in his return home (he's gone now), Russell Wilson pretty much had his way, Rams will hit Brady this weekend (Fishers a dirty SOB from the Buddy Ryan tree), last 4 won't be easy for the Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Jets, Miami. 

The title of this thread had me thinking you were referring to the upcoming draft and the lack of a QB in it that was worth going after.  

Re: the Pats, I don't mind that they are having a good year during one of our downs years.  I'd hate like hell them winning another SB of course but I doubt that that is in the cards this year.  Look....Brady and Gronk and yes even BB are once a generation types and I do take a bit of joy in the experience.  None the less, f*ck the Pats :) 

Being a Jets fan is one more area in life where being philosophical (relating or devoted to the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence) enhances it.  

The Cheats' defense is not flashy, but they are doing what is asked of them. 

Play a vanilla, boring, safe, bend but don't break, wait for the offense to make a mistake, or just force FGs brand of defense. And that is all that is required for them to win games.

New England doesn't blitz, and doesn't force many turnovers.....

So what do they do really, really well?

TACKLE!

And they are not "vulnerable."  A team that wins 12 to 14 games every year is not vulnerable.   The Jets have won 12 games, what, like once or twice  in their entire history?

Because the MAJORITY of JETS Fans suck. They're happier to B!tch about the team rather than cheer them on. It would be denial to say certain negative thoughts don't creep into your head (we've been conditioned over the years) but to bitch at the first signs of turbulence and then constantly demanding that EVERYONE be fired is just typical SOJFan.

14 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Because the MAJORITY of JETS Fans suck. They're happier to B!tch about the team rather than cheer them on. It would be denial to say certain negative thoughts don't creep into your head (we've been conditioned over the years) but to bitch at the first signs of turbulence and then constantly demanding that EVERYONE be fired is just typical SOJFan.

And they give up at the first sign of trouble and proclaim Super Bowl on the first drive of teh season

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Something about Bowles sucking as a coach, probably. At least that's what seems to be the answer to most things on this board lately.

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It's the way the Pats always play us. Belidick's philosophy against the Jets is always to not make mistakes and don't take a lot of chances, and he figures that the Jets will usually beat themselves in the end. Unfortunately, he's usually right. 

I hate to admit it but Jets/Pats games are usually close because the Pats allow them to stay close

36 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

It's the way the Pats always play us. Belidick's philosophy against the Jets is always to not make mistakes and don't take a lot of chances, and he figures that the Jets will usually beat themselves in the end. Unfortunately, he's usually right. 

I hate to admit it but Jets/Pats games are usually close because the Pats allow them to stay close

That didn't work in 2010 playoffs ? I thought that was one of the strongest pat teams they had in a while and they were rolling.. They had just beat us like 47-3 weeks earlier.. bellicheat is not that great of a coach.. Still remember the time he elected to kickoff to Peyton in OT ha.. just plenty of bone head calls.. He is so lucky he has Tom Brady 

4 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

The title of this thread had me thinking you were referring to the upcoming draft and the lack of a QB in it that was worth going after.  

Re: the Pats, I don't mind that they are having a good year during one of our downs years.  I'd hate like hell them winning another SB of course but I doubt that that is in the cards this year.  Look....Brady and Gronk and yes even BB are once a generation types and I do take a bit of joy in the experience.  None the less, f*ck the Pats :) 

Being a Jets fan is one more area in life where being philosophical (relating or devoted to the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence) enhances it.  

Thought the same exact thing.

Pats are the Pats...a bad year for them is a good year for almost any other team in the NFL.

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pats will have the 1 seed come playoff time.  They will be in the super bowl.  If thats vulnerable, then vulnerable is the way to go.

They are vulnerable on a curve lol.

THE PIG IS RIPE FOR THE SLAUGHTER. :)

Well divisional teams always play each other a little harder.  But to be honest we play them tough b/c we are built to play them tough.  It's not a coincidence that teams like the Jets and the Dolphins have very strong DT play.  Brady's one weakness is a strong push up the middle on a 3 or 4 man rush.  You don't even need great edge players, just prevent him from stepping up in the pocket and jam the center into him.   Couple that with press corners that mess up his timing and you see that he gets a bit of the happy feet syndrome.  Not coincidentally, he routinely has his worst statistical games against the Jets and Dolphins.

When NE has small cornerbacks, we get big wr's to counter them.  etc etc.  

My point is there are teams that are much better than them now that Gronk is out. Seahawks beat them IN NEW ENGLAND and didn't even have Micheal Bennett on the field, (a great player!, Mo can't hold Bennetts jock).

Brady is limping around like a gimp. Their Oline without the refs is totally average. Gostkowski is missing kicks he's never missed before. Without the fall from grace of Revis and better coaching from Bowles, the Jets at worst should be 6-5 right now.

This team as constituted RIGHT NOW should have won Cincy (f*cking Folk), Miami (off sides by a millimeter call), Pats (Revis gives up 2 TDs to a rookie!), and the refs did the rest (no PI on the J.Marshall 3rd down, no PI on the guy falling into Spillers legs, bad spot on Enunwa 3rd down, flag picked up on running into the punt returner), Bowles lack of Balls trying a 54 yard FG instead of trying to get a 1st down.

The difference of going into the MNF football game 3-8 instead of 6-5 is so f*cking small it pisses me off to no end & although I'm not calling for Bowles to be fired, his lack of coaching acumen & bad decisions, (not giving Revis help, not going for 1st downs, on 4th & shorts), I blame him for these close losses that could have easily been wins. 

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

That didn't work in 2010 playoffs ? I thought that was one of the strongest pat teams they had in a while and they were rolling.. They had just beat us like 47-3 weeks earlier.. bellicheat is not that great of a coach.. Still remember the time he elected to kickoff to Peyton in OT ha.. just plenty of bone head calls.. He is so lucky he has Tom Brady 

2010 was the one awesome exception. As much as I ended up despising Rex as a coach, that was probably the greatest Jets win since 1969

21 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ryan used to say this, but his teams have only won five of the sixteen games he has coached against the Patriots.  The Patriots have had a lot of close games against other teams too. They just seem to find a way to win them.   Just last week the Patriots struggled with the 49ers for most of the game. I don't think the 49ers were bragging after the game about almost winning like Rex used to.

2 hours ago, devland said:

Ryan used to say this, but his teams have only won five of the sixteen games he has coached against the Patriots.  The Patriots have had a lot of close games against other teams too. They just seem to find a way to win them.   Just last week the Patriots struggled with the 49ers for most of the game. I don't think the 49ers were bragging after the game about almost winning like Rex used to.

Ryan was correct when he said it.. When we had a decent team those two years that barely made the playoffs. Our record vs the pats 09/10 seasons was 3-2 in jets favor.. Considering our average record and pats dominate record those two years, Rex had a good point.. Ofcourse then MT did a lousy job and after 2010 rosters only got worse.. The patriots were by far best team in NFL in 2010 until the jets stumped them in the playoffs in a enormous upset.. They finished 15-3, with two loses coming from the jets.. So I see Rex point there.. 

Archived