Where is Fitz in 2017?

AFJF

Where will Ryan Fitzpatrick be in 2017?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. In 2017, Ryan Fitzpatrick will be....

• Starting for the Jets
    • Back-up for the Jets
    • Starting elsewhere
    • Back-up elsewhere
    • Out of the NFL (stay at home dad)
    • Overpaid Spokesman for Dollar Shave Club

I think the Cutler injury is the best thing every happen to Fitz.  The Jets would be crazy to take a Cutler with a surgical shoulder.

I think the fans would revolt if they paid Romo big money, and Romo would be crazy to come to a team missing 2 tackles.  The Jets ain't Dallas, and Romo would be crazy to come here.

A healthy Geno or Fitz would be an acceptable veteran stop gap for 2017.  Both would be paid as backups with incentives for starting.  Bowles would need a boss who would basiclaly have approval to start the veterans.   I am also not opposed to taking a 4th QB to add to the development mix.  If they end up better than Hack or Petty, cut the worse one.  Otherwise, for where the Jets are, that roster spot taken by a 4th QB is not going to break the team that carried 4 TEs this year.  The reason the Jets are 3-8 is not because they carried 4 QBs.  It actually worked out-Geno was knocked out for the season, and Fitz hurt his knee.  4 QBs is not preposterous for a team developing QBs.

Oh, to pay Glennon an Osweiler contract after drafting Hack in the 2nd and trading up for Petty would not be a good reflection on Macc. That would be a move that Woody may does with the expectation that Macc and Bowles are replaced in 2017 or 2018 and someone else comes in to try and make a team of this pile of goo.

The team and Macc are better off with a veteran stop gap and/or another draft pick and go with the 2 or 3 youngsters.  But the Jets need to invest in the coaching to develop the Qbs.

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Oh, to pay Glennon an Osweiler contract after drafting Hack in the 2nd and trading up for Petty would not be a good reflection on Macc. That would be a move that Woody may does with the expectation that Macc and Bowles are replaced in 2017 or 2018 and someone else comes in to try and make a team of this pile of goo.

The team and Macc are better off with a veteran stop gap and/or another draft pick and go with the 2 or 3 youngsters.  But the Jets need to invest in the coaching to develop the Qbs.

Todd Bowles is not the head coach to assemble a staff to develop a QB unless of course you want the players favorite QB to be coaching the team in 2017. 

47 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Hopefully Hackenberg emerges in 2017 to lead my Jets out of the desert they have been in since Pennington was behind center.

As long as Geno is no longer in the building I'd vote UPGRADE at QB

Chad Pennington was far worse than Mark Sanchez.

SAR I

Would not be surprised if he is back here next year backing up Petty or Hackenberg at a VERY low price.

Do I want him back ? No. I would rather have either Petty or Hackenberg in there.

If nobody wanted him last year coming off of a career year who it taking him now ?

Right now i think the guy of the 4 Qbs with the best chance of being on the Jets roster in 2017 is Hack. They are not going to give up on him after just one year and no true game time opportunity. Petty just might not be in their plans. They have a chance now to play him and they have at least for now in Dec. deferred. If they believed he could do the job and wanted to prep him for 2017 they would be doing it now. But in terms of the Qb position I'd have to say this is what could happen next season: the starter will be a veteran signed after the season, Petty will be the backup and Hack the 3rd Qb. But if they really don't believe in Hack then they probably will draft someone high like in the 1st round. If so he's probably the starter from day 1 (like Mark was).

On 12/4/2016 at 9:02 AM, Rangers9 said:

It's not impossible that if Fitz plays well down the stretch they wouldn't sign him to the original deal they offered him for years 2 and 3 at 6 and 6 with incentives if he starts. He might now be willing to accept that. He has played better lately but the bad games outweigh anything good he's done. Again when your defense puts you in a hole any Qb will look bad playing from behind. But at times he's been beyond bad.  We all know there is a group of fans (Fitz haters) who even when he plays well will bash him or make up fake stats like almost interceptions to rip the guy. There's plenty to criticize him for and you don't have to make things up. But this is really only if their plan is to start either Petty or Hack next season. They could sign Geno to an even cheaper contract. But I think they will go after a bigger ticket player like a Romo but considering his injuries have someone who can start if called on and be competitive. And this could be a reason they don't start Petty. He might just not be in their future plans as a starter. Didn't Bowles or was it Mac once call him an eventual NFL backup Qb in terms of potential. But imo the Jets will walk away from Fitz. Re-signing him would not be a good PR move after a bad season.

You know why "some" people knew fitzpatrick was going to have a down year? Because he threw a ton of bad passes that should have been interceptions if it wasn't for dumb luck last season. But being a top fitz lover you chose to give him a pass for all of those bad decisions. And now we're all paying for this fraud and his failures. Thanks rangers9, you tried your best to make fitz a thing but he's an awful front running fraud and always will be 

FItz has proven to be a solid backup that can get you a few wins if your franchise QB goes down. But the more he plays, the more he gets exposed. That makes him the ideal backup for a team with a fragile starting QB. 

I want him out of NY because the last thing we need is Fitz hanging around for Bowles (god forbid he is back next year) to go to when one of our young QBs has a bad game. 

29 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You know why "some" people knew fitzpatrick was going to have a down year? Because he threw a ton of bad passes that should have been interceptions if it wasn't for dumb luck last season. But being a top fitz lover you chose to give him a pass for all of those bad decisions. And now we're all paying for this fraud and his failures. Thanks rangers9, you tried your best to make fitz a thing but he's an awful front running fraud and always will be 

I don't count almost interceptions because a lot of things almost happen. It's a stupid concept.

I think there are plenty of ACTUAL INTs to critique. I think the more efficient thing would be to discuss the almost completions. There are many fewer of these.

Wait, are there still Fitzpatrick supporters?!

I mean, wow...it's like supporting a Corvair at this point, isn't it?

Archived