Where will Geno be in 2017?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. In 2017, Geno Smith will be

• Starting for the Jets
    • Back-up for the Jets
    • Starting elsewhere
    • Back-up elsewhere
    • Out of NFL
    • Working as subject matter expert for debt collection agency?

He's coming off a serious injury, has an abysmal stat sheet, and a history of weird sh*t as a teammate. I can't imagine any scenario where any team would sign him with the intention of starting him and more importantly paying him within that category. 

As far as the Jets keeping him on as a backup that is just a bad decision. The Jets need to move on and just start over completely. Cut everyone, concede the losses, and just begin again. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He's coming off a serious injury, has an abysmal stat sheet, and a history of weird sh*t as a teammate. I can't imagine any scenario where any team would sign him with the intention of starting him and more importantly paying him within that category. 

As far as the Jets keeping him on as a backup that is just a bad decision. The Jets need to move on and just start over completely. Cut everyone, concede the losses, and just begin again. 

Coaches base QB ability off of tape not stats. And Geno has good tape. He's a starter. Coaches don't base QB decisions on Manish and New York media firestorm. Geno has never been suspended. We should re-sign him based on this tape.

I wish we could play petty already so we can actually go into the offseason having some kind of idea what to do at qb.. If petty is decent, maybe go into next yr with a 3way race with geno, who will be pretty cheap.. Or if we see nothing from petty make some more cap room and go after romo or another available vet not named ryan Fitzpatrick 

1 hour ago, elgoman said:

Coaches base QB ability off of tape not stats. And Geno has good tape. He's a starter. Coaches don't base QB decisions on Manish and New York media firestorm. Geno has never been suspended. We should re-sign him based on this tape.

Jets won't have the cap room to sign a young QB with so much great tape.  

What's it gonna take?  $20-25 million per year?  I mean,  Osweiller got $18 million and he lost his job to the lowest rated starting QB in the NFL last season.

35 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes... if they dont see it your way they are trolls.  Got it.

Well, I was being kind.

If you really, truly think Geno Smith will be the starting QB of the New York Jets in 2017......well, your intelligence and analytical competency should be questioned, because that is such an unrealistic and improbable option as to be near parody levels of laughable foolishness.

So yeah, I went with "trolling" since I know you're not that stupid CPA.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Well, I was being kind.

If you really, truly think Geno Smith will be the starting QB of the New York Jets in 2017......well, your intelligence and analytical competency should be questioned, because that is such an unrealistic and improbable option as to be near parody levels of laughable foolishness.

So yeah, I went with "trolling" since I know you're not that stupid CPA.

Its not my intelligence in question..its the  JETS.  They have chosen to ignore the QB position for years, now if we have no options for 2017, Letting Petty and Geno compete as opposed to bringing in some kid as most experts say there isnt a QB in this draft is not the worst option.  Its bad....  but we have limited options. 

Archived