OLB-Tim Williams

OLB-Mauldin

ILB-Harris

ILB-Lee

Cb-Burris

Cb-Marcus Williams

SS-Pryor

FS-Revis

hmmm....glennon?  no te?  i guess at this point glennon is as good as anyone else for the qb position.  maybe jenkins stays as te?  i'd keep marshall and decker if possible.  i can see mangold needing to restructure.  wesley johnson filled in pretty well.

on defense i guess burris and williams are okay at cb.  skrine is too small and should be kept on the slot.  harris will need to be restructured.

who's the placekicker?

4 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Great idea

Lets sign a QB with the accuracy and field smarts of Geno and the mobility and escapability of Ken O Brien.

The love of some at JN for this stiff is hard to explain

You're pretty good at bashing others' ideas, yet I can't remember a good idea you've actually come up with.

4 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Great idea

Lets sign a QB with the accuracy and field smarts of Geno and the mobility and escapability of Ken O Brien.

For years now, I've been saying the same thing.  What have our fans seen in Glennon that the rest of the league (and me) hasn't?   

lol with the Obie comparison.  How many things in my living room did I throw/bust while screaming "throw it away" as Obie was about to get sacked?  lol

Question to the Glennon fans, if he was the answer why did TB draft Winston with the #1 pick last year instead of trading down?

I don't see Mike Glennon as anything other than a glorified Blake Bortles type of QB, a journeyman so to speak, nothing more.

14 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For years now, I've been saying the same thing.  What have our fans seen in Glennon that the rest of the league (and me) hasn't?   

lol with the Obie comparison.  How many things in my living room did I throw/bust while screaming "throw it away" as Obie was about to get sacked?  lol

I don't have a strong opinion either way on Glennon.  I certainly wouldn't mind him as our #2 QB but it would be extremely risky making him our #1. 

To be fair though, Drew Brees was no big deal until he exploded with the Saints.  Definitely not saying that Glennon is the next Brees but just that that type of thing has happened before.

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

LT - ?

LG - Carpenter

C - ?

RG - ?

RT - ?

TE- ?

WR1 - ?

WR2 - Enunwa

QB - ?

RB - Forte/Powell

-----------

DE - Wilk

DT - Mclendon

DE - Leo

OLB - Mauldin

ILB - Lee

ILB - ?

OLB - Jenkins

CB1 - ?

CB2 - Skrine

S - Pryor

S - ?

--------------------------

I'm seeing 1 or 2 holes....

Your OL analysis is a bit misguided. Winters and Mangold will be back. It will be interesting to see if Ijalana sets at RT. 

The big holes for the Jets this year are:

QB, LT, CB. Those are the 3 spots

7 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Great idea

Wah!!!!

Hey how is Paxton Lynch doing?  Glennons numbers are way better than Geno's but keep trying

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't have a strong opinion either way on Glennon.  I certainly wouldn't mind him as our #2 QB but it would be extremely risky making him our #1. 

To be fair though, Drew Brees was no big deal until he exploded with the Saints.  Definitely not saying that Glennon is the next Brees but just that that type of thing has happened before.

The majority of this board was screaming for Pexton Lynch whose picture you can see in the dictionary next to the word "stiff"

7 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Great idea

The Jets are developing that as we speak.  Apparently, they are developing 2 of that.

A lot of hate for Glennon on here, His size is great, strong arm and has put up pretty good numbers granted he hasn't played much. Food for thought here, Glennon might not have been the "answer" in TB not because he can't play the position adequately, but maybe because Winston was a stud coming out of college. Glennon is probably not a franchise qb but he is a young qb who is our best option if we plan on passing up drafting a qb, unless Kirk Cousins leaves the skins. This is all coming from someone who is advocating for us to take Deshaun Watson or Trubinsky if they are there btw. 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And it shows that maybe Mike Maccagnan knew what he was doing when he put a 3rd round grade on Lynch. 

59% completion 2 TDs and 1 INT. Imagine if he started for NY.

I think he was 50% yesterday with 0 tds against a horrible jags D.  

Just now, SR24 said:

A lot of hate for Glennon on here, His size is great, strong arm and has put up pretty good numbers granted he hasn't played much. Food for thought here, Glennon might not have been the "answer" in TB not because he can't play the position adequately, but maybe because Winston was a stud coming out of college. Glennon is probably not a franchise qb but he is a young qb who is our best option if we plan on passing up drafting a qb, unless Kirk Cousins leaves the skins. This is all coming from someone who is advocating for us to take Deshaun Watson or Trubinsky if they are there btw. 

It's just a bunch of Internet tough guys who dismissed Glennon years ago just cuz.

Anytime Glennon plays he looks good.  But hey who needs that when we can start Petty?

Just now, drdetroit said:

It's just a bunch of Internet tough guys who dismissed Glennon years ago just cuz.

Anytime Glennon plays he looks good.  But hey who needs that when we can start Petty?

Numbers don't lie he's played well and his size is phenomal. 6'6 26 years old I mean come on

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I still believe he reached for Hackenberg, that seems to be no question. 

BUt passing on Lynch, given this market, appears to have been the right move.

I didn't like the Hack pick either but it's ridiculous how he gets dismissed as a nothing meanwhile he hasn't even played yet

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Then why did the BUcs draft Winston? And why havent they dealt Glennon yet?

Because Winston was a top prospect and has a higher ceiling than Glennon. Doesn't mean Glennon can't be good here.

Cuts. Mangold, Ckady, 

2017  Ijalana, Carpenter, Winters, Johnson, Shell (RT)

Fournette, ASJ! Enunwa, Smith, Anderson, (Marshall B slot) Petty/Hack

Trade  Decker to Phil

Cuts  Revis, Harris, Gilchrist

Trade McL (not a true NT and is quite a bit easier to trade for a pick) Trading SR makes the Jets worse off as they have to keep the loafer and get rid of the better defensive player for salary reasons. Both are better than McL

Draft best PR DE, Leo, Mo, SR

Jenkins, Lee, Mauldin

Roberts, Skrine, Pryor, Miles

Given some thought to this, and came up with this scenario.  I'm trading Sheldon Richardson and Calvin Pryor for what ever I can get for them. I'm targeting Jabril Peppers in the 1st round  early or I'm trading down for whatever I can get . 

On defense on 1st and second down :

LE : Lawrence Thomas

DT : Mo Wilkerson

NT : Deon Simon

RE : Leonard Williams .

WSL : Dareen Lee

MLB : Jordan Jenkins

SLB : Lorenzo Mauldin

SS : Jabril Peppers

FS : Doug Middleton

LCB : Buster Skrine

RCB : Justin Burris

On 3rd and distance or obvious passing situations,

Williams moves inside to NT next to Wilkerson

Mauldin assumes the spot vacated by Williams along the DLine

Skrine covers the slot and Roberts or whoever steps up takes over at the LCB position  .

Simon goes to the bench and we play a 4 2 5 defense with a 2 deep zone

Archived