Gruden: Glennon is a guy to keep an eye on, good young player

drdetroit

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

The why'd they draft Winston last year instead of trading down? Sorry but if Glennon was so great, you cannot tie up that much cash in one position by drafting a QB with the first pick.

Because you can't not draft Winston he was considered almost Luck like prospect.  Never mind the whole Florida State thing and TB being the team.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Because you can't not draft Winston he was considered almost Luck like prospect.  Never mind the whole Florida State thing and TB being the team.

So you have a starting QB who you think you can win a SB with, but you also have the #1 pick, right, so you go and draft another QB instead of trading down and drafting, say, Amare Cooper to go with your star QB. You bench Glennon and start Winston as a rookie, and put Glennon aside and let him rot? If Glennon was so great why couldn't he beat Winston out last year as a rookie?

Sorry, I just can't figure the infatuation with Glennon. Now due to a dearth of talent at QB, Glennon is looked at as some savior, based upon what I have no idea. Glennon = Fitz.

39 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

The why'd they draft Winston last year instead of trading down? Sorry but if Glennon was so great, you cannot tie up that much cash in one position by drafting a QB with the first pick.

Why did the Redskins draft cousins when they drafted RG3 already. Not to say Winston is RG3 but things work out weird sometimes...

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

"Who just needs a chance." -- quote tonight

I dunno guys a Super Bowl winning former HC who developed Brett Favre agrees with me and not you.

Gruden track record picking Qb isn't that good.  What young Qb has he ever developed, and he tried to convince the Raiders brass to pick Johnny Manziel.  Two big strikes against him.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

So you have a starting QB who you think you can win a SB with, but you also have the #1 pick, right, so you go and draft another QB instead of trading down and drafting, say, Amare Cooper to go with your star QB. You bench Glennon and start Winston as a rookie, and put Glennon aside and let him rot? If Glennon was so great why couldn't he beat Winston out last year as a rookie?

Sorry, I just can't figure the infatuation with Glennon. Now due to a dearth of talent at QB, Glennon is looked at as some savior, based upon what I have no idea. Glennon = Fitz.

TB didn't believe in Glennon at the time, and a can't miss prospect fell in there lap, doesn't mean Glennon isn't good, TB gave up on another QB once before some guy Steve Young how did that work out give it a rest.

5 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Happens all the time with new coaching regime, they bring in their own QBs.  

All the time

Lmaooo this Glennon stuff needs to stop honestly .. he isn't answer 

So who is? It's not exactly a buyer's market out there.

If the next four games show Petty isn't an option, we'll have three vacancies to fill before training camp; even if Petty shows enough to be in the mix, we still need two more guys. One at least will need to come via free agency.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, drdetroit said:

I dunno guys a Super Bowl winning former HC who developed Brett Favre agrees with me and not you.

I am sure Glennon is more advanced than what we have.  Question is has he advanced as far as he ever will.

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

That Super Bowl winning head coach also loves the kid we drafted in the second round and believes he should have been a first round pick. 

I like Glennon.

I like Hackenberg.

Gruden loves everyone. 

9 hours ago, drdetroit said:

okay maybe glennon is a fine qb but do you really think this group would be in the hunt with joe willy at qb?  i don't think so.  there isn't a single unit on this team that has played well in each and every game.  and most times they've played poorly.  i'm not a bowles hater but when a team falls apart so badly it falls entirely on the coaches.

9 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Have you watched Winston play this year? He is really, really good. 

Archived