Gruden: Glennon is a guy to keep an eye on, good young player

drdetroit

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Sadly, that would never happen.

How many pass attempts does Daniel even have as a pro?

Whatever deal they can do they need to do. 3 years 30 million for Mike Glennon would be sweet just based off the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over. 

Can you even imagine what Robby Anderson could become with Glennon throwing to him?

I watched as Anderson got behind a prevent defense a few times. Glennon can throw a 40 yarder (all air) and hit him square in the face mask. Robby Anderson would be a ROTY candidate if not for these quarterbacks. 

Pay Glennon 10 mill per and you'll get a guy who rarely turns the ball over, implements backs in the passing game and throws accurate passes deep on a rope. 

Pay that man! 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geno has always been and still is, the most talented QB on the roster.
This regime is just a bunch of **** tards that have no clue how to run a team.  
Literally everything that is happening was predicted the day they decided to stick with Fitz.  Everything.  

Apparently you missed Geno's two years of abject failure, the worst stats of any NFL QB and memorable moments such as the behind the back fumble, the scramble backwards out of the end zone safety, the 36 picks and the getting his dumb jaw broken for stiffing a teammate out of a pittance he owed him.

Most talented QB....maybe if you are blind

5 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Apparently you missed Geno's two years of abject failure, the worst stats of any NFL QB and memorable moments such as the behind the back fumble, the scramble backwards out of the end zone safety, the 36 picks and the getting his dumb jaw broken for stiffing a teammate out of a pittance he owed him.

And yet he was still the most talented qb on the roster. Talking about bad stats from rookie/sophomore seasons is a terrible position given the obvious fact of him being a rookie/sophomore with no coaching and talent around him at that. 

Furthermore, it doesn't change 12 years of total garbage that is Ryan Fitztragic, a guy that in his 2nd year as a jet and 12th year in the league won just half the amount of games as Geno did in his sophomore year with a fraction of the talent that Fitz had.

Geno was and has always been the best qb on this team. The same repetitive punchlines from fans doesn't change what the truth is. Just accept it.

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

There is only one punchline.

The one where a guy goes from sifting through months of threads in order to come across a quote of Villain saying that Fitz cant win more than 6 games, only to turn around and see Fitz win 2 games the following season,  benched twice (three times if you count the injury) while completing his Jets career with a losing record and an average of 6 wins per season as a Jets starter? 

Thats indeed a heavy punchline, or more like delayed self-ownage. Thats some funny sh*t actually. I couldnt have made that one up. 

8 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever deal they can do they need to do. 3 years 30 million for Mike Glennon would be sweet just based off the fact that he doesn't turn the ball over. 

Can you even imagine what Robby Anderson could become with Glennon throwing to him?

I watched as Anderson got behind a prevent defense a few times. Glennon can throw a 40 yarder (all air) and hit him square in the face mask. Robby Anderson would be a ROTY candidate if not for these quarterbacks. 

Pay Glennon 10 mill per and you'll get a guy who rarely turns the ball over, implements backs in the passing game and throws accurate passes deep on a rope. 

Pay that man! 

Getting Glennon this offseason would make me excited for Jets football, but you may be overhyping him a bit IMO.

No to Culter , no to Romo or any other teams old cast offs. We need to keep developing our own young guys as well as searching for young QB talent either from other teams backups or raiding there practice squads. We keep drafting young guys while rotating the ones we have presently on the roster who do not develop out the door.
Keep this system up until we hit the jackpot and find one who will take us to the promise land. Well at least keep us in the playoffs for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Getting Glennon this offseason would make me excited for Jets football, but you may be overhyping him a bit IMO.

I wouldnt say calling him a QB with the potential to be a top 15 QB overhyping. The guy was on an absolute sh*tty football team for 2 seasons with the worst offensive line in the NFL, Doug Martin hurt for most of that time and a WR group that was top 10 in dropped passes and dead last in YAC on TD plays. 

Im excited to see a good player play, but I havent gone anywhere near calling him a franchise player or elite. I just think he's a good QB. I root for a team that doesnt know what a good qb looks like. Im probably overly excited at the possibility of getting him than I am overhyping him. Glennon is better than the bottom half of the starting QB's in the league today imo. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I wouldnt say calling him a QB with the potential to be a top 15 QB overhyping. The guy was on an absolute sh*tty football team for 2 seasons with the worst offensive line in the NFL, Doug Martin hurt for most of that time and a WR group that was top 10 in dropped passes. 

Im excited to see a good player play, but I havent gone anywhere near calling him a franchise player or elite. I just think he's a good QB. I root for a team that doesnt know what a good qb looks like. Im probably overexcited at the possibility of getting him than I am overhyping him. Glennon is better than the bottom half of the starting QB's in the league today imo. 

Fair enough, I would agree with your ranking. That is where I think he would fit too.

Glennon is the best out of the FA QB's available next season.  This team has way too many holes to even think about trading for a QB -- they cannot afford to give up draft picks.  Plus, Glennon will not command $$$$$.  And, they still have to eat money by cutting Sh!tz loose.  Glennon makes sense all the way around. 

Plus, he's "tanned, rested and ready".

Money is of course part of the equation.  I wouldn't mind over paying Glennon in the type contract Revis had with The Buc's 

A series of $16 million  contracts the Jets have the option to renew.  The same type contract they should  have offered Revis this time.  I really don't think anyone was going to give Revis more then $16 million

5 hours ago, Il Mostro said:

Glennon is the best out of the FA QB's available next season.  This team has way too many holes to even think about trading for a QB -- they cannot afford to give up draft picks.  Plus, Glennon will not command $$$$$.  And, they still have to eat money by cutting Sh!tz loose.  Glennon makes sense all the way around. 

Plus, he's "tanned, rested and ready".

I think he might. I think glennons reputation around the league is a decent, young, up and comer. 6' 7" with a strong arm. who basically lost his job to the #1 overall pick. when it comes to qb's, because good qb's do not hit free agency, teams pay big for potential. look at osweiler. I see mid to high double digits for glennon. then again, I have been wrong before

7 hours ago, ylekram said:

I think he might. I think glennons reputation around the league is a decent, young, up and comer. 6' 7" with a strong arm. who basically lost his job to the #1 overall pick. when it comes to qb's, because good qb's do not hit free agency, teams pay big for potential. look at osweiler. I see mid to high double digits for glennon. then again, I have been wrong before

I don't think he'll get Osweiler money but he won't be cheap either.

What I'm afraid of is knowing how stupid Woody is he will say if I'm paying $45 million for Glennon why not pay $75 million for Cutler?

On 12/6/2016 at 2:05 AM, Lupz27 said:

TB didn't believe in Glennon at the time, and a can't miss prospect fell in there lap, doesn't mean Glennon isn't good, TB gave up on another QB once before some guy Steve Young how did that work out give it a rest.

Didn't believe in him at the time? Yeah because they gave him his shot and wound up with the #1 draft pick. In other words he led the team to the worst record in the league! That would shake the hell out of my belief! The lengths some guys will go too. Glennon is not the answer.

18 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Didn't believe in him at the time? Yeah because they gave him his shot and wound up with the #1 draft pick. In other words he led the team to the worst record in the league! That would shake the hell out of my belief! The lengths some guys will go too. Glennon is not the answer.

See get your facts straight Lovie Smith went out and signed HIS guy Josh McCown when he took over the job for 1 season if anything Glennon wasn't dealt a fair shake because Lovie wanted a veteran same thing that happened to theJets this season with Fitz.  They wouldn't play Glennon down the stretch that year because they were scared he might actually win them a game or 2 losing out on getting Winston.

You better believe if the Jets lost to the Bucs that year instead of beating them week 14 Glennon would be the Bucs starting QB and either Winston, or Mariota would be the Jets starter.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

See get your facts straight Lovie Smith went out and signed HIS guy Josh McCown when he took over the job for 1 season if anything Glennon wasn't dealt a fair shake because Lovie wanted a veteran same thing that happened to theJets this season with Fitz.  They wouldn't play Glennon down the stretch that year because they were scared he might actually win them a game or 2 losing out on getting Winston.

You better believe if the Jets lost to the Bucs that year instead of beating them week 14 Glennon would be the Bucs starting QB and either Winston, or Mariota would be the Jets starter.

Facts?  I don't think the Jets have played the Bucs since week 1 of 2013 when Geno beat Freeman on the late hit out of bounds.  I assume you mean the Titans who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory after the Jets knocked Locker out and they put in Whitehurst.  

37 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Josh McCown did that.  Glennon only played in 6 games that season

Nice try tho

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Your a funny guy. A lot more would have to happen for the Jets to have been able to draft Winston or Marriota. Also your reasoning on why they sat Glennon is not fact. Just your opinion. For instance someone else could say "Glennon was so bad the Bucs would not even start him down the stretch to see what they had". It works both ways my friend. Glennon Sucks. Plain and Simple.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Your a funny guy. A lot more would have to happen for the Jets to have been able to draft Winston or Marriota. Also your reasoning on why they sat Glennon is not fact. Just your opinion. For instance someone else could say "Glennon was so bad the Bucs would not even start him down the stretch to see what they had". It works both ways my friend. Glennon Sucks. Plain and Simple.

I didn't know Lovie Smith was such a great evaluator of the qb position

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thinking more like see: Fitzpatrick, Ryan.

Eh, I don't think Fitzpatrick was ever really a "big name".  You don't just enter that category simply because you're a starting QB. 

Cutler has been with the same team his entire career and always been in the news for one reason or another.  He's also been to a couple playoff games.

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Facts?  I don't think the Jets have played the Bucs since week 1 of 2013 when Geno beat Freeman on the late hit out of bounds.  I assume you mean the Titans who snatched defeat from the jaws of victory after the Jets knocked Locker out and they put in Whitehurst.  

Your right it was the Titan game

On 12/7/2016 at 0:23 PM, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

By far.

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

Josh McCown did that.  Glennon only played in 6 games that season

Nice try tho

LOL. Another funny guy. So Glennon was so good they started a P.O.S. like McCown instead of him? And you write nice try? Tell me sir what was Glennon's record in those games he started? He had a rating of 83.3. The guy is 2nd string all the way. Stop the nonsense.

Archived