Petty

long suffering jets fan

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The reason he probably looked Anderson way so much , is that the Wr he had the most chemistry with. ( who he threw the most with in practice- had more timing with the receiver). 

As backup Qb how many times do you think he threw with B Marshall and the top line talent.

I disagree, Anderson has been starting for a while now. I think the reason he kept throwing Anderson the ball is because Anderson was 3 yards in back of the defender lol.

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I thought the game plan was strange with Petty, it was pass every single play.  The last INT, everyone dropped back besides rushing three.  Why not be more balanced?  I'm not saying, feed Forte, but after about 15 straight throws, the defense had to know it was pass coming up.  

Petty didn't look good, missed a few throws.  

I think what they need him to do is improve his decision making process. Step one is getting him to be more decisive. Only one time did he take a sack because he held the ball too long. Granted they were playing against a prevent, but drop back and throw. That's what they did.

The first INT he never safe the deep help. He totally misread that. And the ball sails high on him a lot.

He has a big arm. So is this just nerves and inexperience?  Who knows but the next four games we will learn a lot more. :)

We have learned all we need to about Fitz so any way you slice it, this is good.

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think what they need him to do is improve his decision making process. Step one is getting him to be more decisive. Only one time did he take a sack because he held the ball too long. Granted they were playing against a prevent, but drop back and throw. That's what they did.

The first INT he never safe the deep help. He totally misread that. And the ball sails high on him a lot.

He has a big arm. So is this just nerves and inexperience?  Who knows but the next four games we will learn a lot more. :)

We have learned all we need to about Fitz so any way you slice it, this is good.

Yeah, I'd like to see him improve at reading the defense once the play is in motion.  The first interception was particularly bad because from the replays, it looked like Colts were in a two deep safety look to begin with, and he threw it right into the safety's area.  

I think it was him just trying to make something happen, and was over anxious.  He did show a propensity to over-throw at times in college, but he also hit a bunch of guys in stride on deep passes as well.  

I want to see more of a balanced attack, because the all out passing attack is easily defended.   The 4th down incomplete pass to Marshall looked like he was covered underneath and over the top.  The defense bet heavy on pass after the first few passes.  SF is a bad pass defense (even worse run defense, just horrible all over) so it'll be interesting to see if they let him air it out a bit.  

I'm so glad the Fitz era is finally coming to an end.   Although, the last time I said that, the starting QB got hurt early in the game.  

Archived